Charlotte v Clemson - POSTGAME

Another heartbreaking loss.

71-70.

Exciting game, great effort, but heartbreaking.

Well if we hit our free throws we win, Simple. Anjuan missing those 4 in a row could of put us in the lead by 2.

So many things to say. Reality is we have a bunch of athleats who can’t shoot it very good. We need another low post scorer and outside threat. Who are both coming in next year.

Good entertaining game though

If we had been able to hit more FT’s in the 2nd we would have won the game. We rebounded better, Ian had a great night, Phil was good, but we just couldn’t win. Passing was completely terrible though. I think this team was overrated by most people, but there is still alot of ball left to be played.

I am starting to swing over to the anti-Lutz club. Good teams and good coaches find ways to win games like this. This could have been a turning point in the season but we failed to capitalize on many opportunities.

Should have run more plays for Ian because for once the guy was going ballistic.

Winning the A10 tourney is the only possible way we make the NCAA tourney (unlikely). As it stands now I will be impressed if we make the NIT.

I’m not giving up on this team after this game.

Look, we’ve had a horrendous start to the season, sure, but all of our losses have been by a point or two. We are FIVE POINTS away from being 4-0 this season. Seriously, guys. 5 points. Don’t jump ship. Anjuan looks strong. Jones is becoming a stud. Ian is stepping it up. We just need some time for this team to gel and pull it together. I truly think this team will turn it around very soon.

Ian is playing like he always has. He is a 3pt streaky shooter.

I think one of the biggest killers was letting mack keep shooting and not running more plays for Ian. He was on fire and we didn’t even get him a shot at the end of the game?

[U]FREE THROWS…FREE THROWS…FREE m’fing…THROWS!!![/U]

now then
[U][B]GOOD[/B][/U]
-Ian was on tonight
-Rashad and Coley had some nice dunks
-Anjuan was strong tonight (except FROM THE LINE…)
-Clemson gave us EVERY OPP. TO WIN THIS GAME!

[U][B]BAD[/B][/U]
-The fact that we couldn’t capitalize on those opportunities
-We can’t catch the ball all of a sudden?
-Coley shooting 3’s I don’t like.
-Mack was forcing it for awhile tonight

[U][B]It needs to be said[/B][/U]
-Halton has never been that loud while I’ve been a student.
-We are 0-2 with “Color Promotions” (White, Black, etc.) so that doesn’t bode well for the Xavier game.
-Clemson brought a lot of people tonight.
-We could SO EASILY BE 4-0…but we are 1-3 now we need to man up and right this ship NOW.

1.8 seconds is plenty of time to turn and shoot, I’ve seen Chris Lattener dribble, and Plavich turn and fire from halfcourt with way less.

We were down 1, on our side of the court and we fired a 3 that was off the screen of the internet broadcast. That is what kills me, not who took the shot.

We have [B][U]ZERO[/U][/B] inbounds plays, none, zip, nada. We are situationally defunct, I can either lay that on the coaching staff or call our players idiots.

Tonight’s game was a sell out. Halton was loud. Lots of Clemson fans showed up. We lost, but it was an exciting game. The arena was exploding with electricity.

Last year was simply incredible. We showed up and upset them. There was electricity in the air the whole night. The community showed up and loved the game.

There is not a single valid reason why the Charlotte-Clemson series shouldn’t continue.

Tonight's game was a sell out. Halton was loud. Lots of Clemson fans showed up. We lost, but it was an exciting game. The arena was exploding with electricity.

Last year was an incredible. We showed up and upset them. There was electricity in the air the whole night.

There is not a single valid reason why the Charlotte-Clemson series shouldn’t continue. The community showed up.

I was thinking the same thing…rivalry in the making.

I was thinking the same thing...rivalry in the making.

Yep. Nice home and home. I hope it continues.

hit your FTs. the average fan doesnt know how bad the average fan is. we have a crowd like that for every game and we don’t lose at home. unless we shoot that bad from the line.

I see lots of comments, but one thing is glaring that nobody mentions and it COST US THE GAME… If you replay the game, you will see over a dozen dangerous passes we make. We leave our feet in mid air, stop our dribble, telegraph passes, etc. Yeah FT sucked, but we don’t value the ball or understand how to manage it on offense. Dijuan stops his dribble constantly, Dew jumps and tries to pass. If they can make better passes that are lower risk, they can turn it around. But if we keep making boneheaded- clumsy- lazy- passes, it will never change.

its not an effort thing, if anything its trying too hard.

There is not a single valid reason why the Charlotte-Clemson series shouldn't continue.

ACC teams will only sked teams like us 2 for 1 (if you are lucky).

if you beat them once in the 2 for 1, they tend to cancel the contract if they sense a threat, its why we play virtually no ACC or SEC games.

I see lots of comments, but one thing is glaring that nobody mentions and it COST US THE GAME.... If you replay the game, you will see over a dozen dangerous passes we make. We leave our feet in mid air, stop our dribble, telegraph passes, etc. Yeah FT sucked, but we don't value the ball or understand how to manage it on offense. Dijuan stops his dribble constantly, Dew jumps and tries to pass. If they can make better passes that are lower risk, they can turn it around. But if we keep making boneheaded- clumsy- lazy- passes, it will never change.

its not an effort thing, if anything its trying too hard.

Well, we normally cause more turnovers than we commit, although I doubt that was the case tonight, but I haven’t seen the numbers yet.

Well, we normally cause more turnovers than we commit, although I doubt that was the case tonight, but I haven't seen the numbers yet.
Clemson- 17 TO Us- 15 TO

Mack’s shot selection was disappointing. I don’t mean the last play. I don’t know about the last play. He wasn’t exactly hot, although he did have a nice drive not too long before the end.
A heart-breaker.
This was no better loss. This is one we “should have” won. There were things that were hope inspiring, big Phil was great, and there were more aggressive drives to the basket, easy baskets.
That’s nice and all…
We must improve, win endings. Who is clutch and how?

Ouchh… That one hurt… They handed it to us for the taking…

If Ians going to keep shooting like that his Mom & Dad need to move to Charlotte!! Hope they keep him Hot in the tournement…

Harris had 10 assists.

Lamont Mack is NOT a leader… What a Joke! Reminding me ALOT of DA! F’n ball hog! Pass the damn ball will you???

Lutz said he wanted the last play to go to Big Phil… hmm

Ian is playing like he always has. He is a 3pt streaky shooter.

I think one of the biggest killers was letting mack keep shooting and not running more plays for Ian. He was on fire and we didn’t even get him a shot at the end of the game?

Mack was fine when he went to the hole. They looked for Ian it didn’t happen and Ian had a chance but was covered, and honestly I was impressed that Mack nutted up. It didn’t work out but he took it on himself.

hit your FTs. the average fan doesnt know how bad the average fan is. we have a crowd like that for every game and we don't lose at home. unless we shoot that bad from the line.

You would have thought we were cheering while our own guys shot.

If we even shot 50% from the FT line. FIFTY ****ING PERCENT!!!.. we win.

This one hurts, and wouldn’t hurt at all if we won the last two. You hope this battle tests them for the close ones later on and in conf.

We rebounded.

We hit 3’s.

We had good D.

We couldn’t pass effectively and had stupid turnovers.

We couldn’t shoot free throws.

Wilderness flashes across the lane too much without receiving the ball. It’s so bad he can square his shoulders as he crosses and give his whole chest to be hit with the ball by, and yet he doesn’t get looks. Forget the fact he is one of the few who can finish.

Ian did take two bad threes. I understand you’re hot, but you play into their hands if you can’t control yourself. I’ll give him this compliment, he may be the only guy we have who understands how to run off screens and curl. Too bad he doesn’t have much speed.

I was honestly impressed with Phil, good rebounding, couple nice blocks, good production. He actually moves now, both horizontally and vertically.

I will not blame any officiating…I will not blame any officiating…
I will not blame any officiating…

-Coley shooting 3's I don't like.

I love Lutz, but this is asinine.

Its a GD turnover. We lost by one!!!

Well, we normally cause more turnovers than we commit, although I doubt that was the case tonight, but I haven't seen the numbers yet.

so what…thats only because we gamble like mofos on D.

I am purely speaking of when we are on offense. Watch the tape, count how many dumbass-ultra stupid passes we make.