Wow.

Wow.

Wow.

69-68 ODU.

Wow.

Wow.

Wow.

these games are gonna happen this yr.

couldn’t rebound. Mack was cold. that’s why we lost and those are the only thoughts I have. on to App.

[QUOTE=cakewalk5;360944]these games are gonna happen this yr.[/QUOTE]

The problem with this program is these games happen EVERY year.

F Me

We shot great from the FT Line, this game was ours to have after a great second half come back. Why are we trapping with a lead with less than a minute left??? They hit 2 3s they wouldn’t have even shot if it was straight up man to man defense. What is Lutz thinking???

these games are gonna happen this yr.

I’m sensing sarcasm, right?

We shot great from the FT Line, this game was ours to have after a great second half come back. Why are we trapping with a lead with less than a minute left??? They hit 2 3s they wouldn't have even shot if it was straight up man to man defense. What is Lutz thinking???
The half-court trap never works for us. We need to remove it completely. Full court pressure looked better in the second half tonight.

Same as usual, our perimeter D was terrible. I thought we looked awfully sluggish first half. Rebounding was a problem too. We needed some better perimeter shooting, but they didn’t seem like horrible shots to me at least. Bowden might’ve been the bigger loss for this team than Gerrity. Hopefully they can shake this off and play better next game.

One positive, the ft’s were awesome, 24-27. Harris missed a big one though unfortunately, along with an awful turnover. But he played ok otherwise with a career high scoring.

ugh…what a finish…

I’m not even in the mood for a good/bad report (just a quick sum up)

-Phil and Coley showed up tonight, Mack did not (at least his shot didn’t)
-Defense needs work…at least pressure wise because we leave guys WIDE THE $%$# OPEN.
-Harris did everything right except that last FT

phil threw half of a block party, and we got out-lucked. sucks

We always lose these early season games and I don’t mind if it makes us a better team in the long run.

They beat us on rebounding and Mack missed a lot of shots, also Harris had a clutch turnover and missed a clutch FT. The 3s from ODU at the end were ridiculous though, those wouldn’t happen again 1 out of 12 times.

Now lets get fired up for the next two cause they are big ones.

Just get a little tired of this every single year. ODU? We better do something or ASU will…nevermind.

I hope somebody on this board, or Lutz himself does not say how good ODU is.

We DESERVED to lose this game. This was one of the ugliest basketball games I’ve seen in a long time. I vomited after the first half. Free throws were the absolute ONLY reason we lost by just 1. We should’ve lost this game by 10.

Wow. Just wow.

My [B]Player Observations [/B]if you have the stomach to read…

[B]COLEY[/B] was SOLID on defense today, creating turnovers, getting steals and taking charges all game long. He continues to be a lock-down on defense. On offense, CC3 had a slow start but eventually came alive, attacking the rim and making all his free throws. I counted 3 dunks?? He looked good, especially in the second half. Career game for CC3.

[B]PHIL [/B]looked terrible in the first half. He played soft (surprised?) and got stripped of the ball continuously. But boy, did he come alive in the second half or what! Block after block after block. An especially good sign out of Phil today is he had some very strong moves in the post, backing down ODU’s Lee and converting with jump hooks and layups. This was an important game for Phil.

[B]HARRIS [/B]had a career scoring night but guess what? He’s our point guard. Part of his job is to dish the ball. He didn’t do that tonight. He hit a clutch 3 and made aggressive moves to the basket, but the Dijuan Harris from UNCG and the Dijuan Harris from tonight were two completely different people.

[B]MACK. [/B]Another slow start. Mack was ice cold the entire game. Ice cold. He finally started to come alive in the second half but he never really got into his game today. Mack really cannot keep this up. He missed tons of shots and tons of opportunities, just like against UNCG, except none of his shots dropped tonight. Is he ok??

[B]IAN [/B]was the only reason we were down by only 8 at the half. He started out strong, draining two 3s in a row. Not a bad game. But truly, we will not win many games this year with Ian being our leading scorer for the entire first half.

[B]ANJUAN [/B]continued to make strong moves to the hoop but had a quiet night. Nothing connected.

[B]COLEMAN [/B]just couldn’t connect tonight even though he took more shots than anyone other than Mack. It’s obvious Lutz wants Coleman to be a big part of the offense this season, and why not after his incredible game against UNCG? Off night.

[B]GABY [/B]didn’t play much but I thought he looked great on defense when he was on the court.

[B]BARNETT[/B]. We didn't see much of him today at all, but he creates good pressure on D. I look forward to seeing more of him.

We were completely off tonight on offense. I wonder if the result would’ve been different with Bowden on the court…

I had another thought…

At least when we start football we won’t lose to anyone we’re SUPPOSED to beat.

Trying to stay positive.

To be outrebounded like we were and still be as close as we were is unbelievable. If we didn’t hit so many FT’s, this would have been a blowout. We have got to rebound better or we are looking at a .500 season.

Good:
Phil showed up. Didn’t score a ton of points, but scored a couple baskets and made his shots at the line. Had a good number of blocks. Definitely one of his best games.
Coley showed up as well
Harris scored double digits, not sure how he did with assists since I haven’t looked at box score yet.
FT shooting obviously

Bad:
REBOUNDING!! Awful.
Mack, I think lead all scorers again, but he has been cold in both games this season.
Ian airballed an open three
Refs (not blaming them for the loss, but they made some questionable calls. They called Dewhurst for a foul by the ODU bench and he didn’t even touch the guy. I was sitting right in front of it. There were others as well.

Don’t worry. they’ll win 16-18 games or so this year. it won’t be that bad. still a very young team. they just don’t have the outside shooting this year. they have a lot of slashers who can score sometimes off the dribble, but other times miss 3 foot shots. These guys are not shooters as a result shooting will be a problem all year. never seen so many short shots missed.

rebounding will be a problem all year since they just don’t have a big man. This may be one of the worst rebounding teams they’ve had in a long time.

Their defense seems to be ok.

not tryin to stir things up, but i looked over at ODU’s board. Came up with this…

The place looked empty. Charlotte could compete for the top four in the [B]CAA[/B], but their arena would not be in the top half for toughest places to play. Bring on UAB.
I HATE LOSE'N!!! ESP off 2 THREES??!! We need to really get ready for App. and come off this loss strong.

I knew they’d comment on that and I knew the place would be empty tonight. I hated to see anyone go over there and brag about our atmosphere because it always sucks on Sundays. The showing tonight was embarassing, but I wasn’t at all surprised.

:sad:

Outcome = bad.

I really thought we were on our way to winning a close one.

Reminded me of some of our early games last season. We were down in the first half and then came back to win. I thought we were on our way to another one.