charlotte49ers.com Facelift

New athletics website is up. Biggest change is the addition of video. Should be interesting what type of stuff they put on there. Nice change. The website looks nice.

Any thoughts…

Love it… far easier to navigate and much more professional looking.

Wow. Very cool. I was just on there this afternoon and it hadn’t been changed over. Nice!

The makeover is much needed. An error I see already though is in your scrolling announcement in the 49er updates. It scrolls over the image “49ers update” pretty sure you do not want it to do that. simple adjustment in the coding will fix that. You just need to change the width of the scrolling.

looks great.

the picture in their top banner doesnt look right. Its not blended.

Very cool…Excellent!

Yeah the scrolling error and the need for blending were the first two things that caught my eye. Other than that, it looks good though.

awesome look - much more cut

i like the vid addition too

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: Two thumbs up!

Good stuff!

Love the changes, looks very good.

The site looks unbelievable… amazing.
Now, to get the rest of the university’s site to look this good…:smile:

Why does it say “Official athletic site of Charlotte49ers.com”?

Shouldnt it just say Official Athletic site of the Charlotte 49ers"?

And the scroll looks like it would fit great on the black line right below opposed to where it currently is…in white letters of course.

All it needs is a couple of quick touch ups and the site will look great.

You’re right. Don’t they have a “contact us” thing?

[URL=http://charlotte49ers.cstv.com/feedback/ncch-feedback.html]http://charlotte49ers.cstv.com/feedback/ncch-feedback.html[/URL]

Looks like thats it

Here is what I sent to them:

I just have a couple quick suggestions.

First of all I think the site is heading in a great direction, and looks really good right now. With that said I believe I have found a few areas that look as though they could be touched up.

I was noticing that the Banner says
"Official Athletic Site of Charlotte49ers.com"
Why not…
"The Official Athletic Site of the Charlotte 49ers"
Then below leave Charlotte49ers.com?

Also, the scroll can be hard to read once it continues over the 49ers UPDATE graphic.

My final comment is that the portion to the right of the Photos on the banner that randomly generate appears to be an arbitrary patch of leaves with a chimney in the background. Why not in place of the leaves, blend in a photo of Norm, or the University Seal? The leaves look a little out of place when situated side by side with some of the various photos.

I mean no offense in any of my comments. I understand that developing a website it very difficult. I just wanted to leave you with some of my first impressions when reviewing the site. Good job overall.
Thanks!

Good comments and well put.

Great change! I’m sure all the little kinks will get worked out in few weeks.

Hopefully I’ll be successful in advocating for a charlotte.edu domain name for the university with a revamped site. It’ll be a tough battle. I think we can win it though.

A name change isn’t going to get supported by the current administration so its little victories like getting charlotte.edu and other things that really make a difference.

Great change! I'm sure all the little kinks will get worked out in few weeks.

Hopefully I’ll be successful in advocating for a charlotte.edu domain name for the university with a revamped site. It’ll be a tough battle. I think we can win it though.

A name change isn’t going to get supported by the current administration so its little victories like getting charlotte.edu and other things that really make a difference.

I agree.

It’s amazing that the rest of our website isn’t like that… The administration must realize that is the first impression some potential students, faculty, donors, sports enthusiasts, etc. get of UNC Charlotte.

A little critcism:

The Good:

• The banner, except for the poorly executed scrolling script
  • Ease of navigation via the menu system

The “meh”:

• Video feature
  • Event promotions scheme

The Bad:

• Inconsistent color scheme looks pretty terrible
  • Site looks like it was designed for a specific resolution, which is a problem sites had licked 5 years ago
  • Failure to integrate the scheme throughout the subpages
  • Lack of 49er marks/logos on the site, makes it look like an unofficial fansite that was denied usage rights

I’m gonna get booed or cussed for this but the site looks like it was designed by a webdesign class student for a generic dhtml assignment that deserves an “I” grade. Nice rough draft, now finish/fix it.