Check out Big O Tomorrow

Unless it’s delayed, I have a feeling Jena will have a very nice piece, recruit-related, in Friday’s paper. B)

Finally a Beasley article I’m guessing?

[i]Originally posted by jcl49er[/i]@Jan 20 2005, 05:06 PM [b] Unless it's delayed, I have a feeling Jena will have a very nice piece, recruit-related, in Friday's paper. B) [/b]
Not tomorrow. Maybe Saturday.

Mike, Jena is my new hero! :thumbsup:

[i]Originally posted by Mike_Persinger[/i]@Jan 20 2005, 06:35 PM [b] Not tomorrow. Maybe Saturday. [/b]
Bummer Mike but I'm looking forward to the story.

Keep up the great work, Jena.

[i]Originally posted by HP49er[/i]@Jan 20 2005, 07:03 PM [b] Mike, Jena is my new hero! :thumbsup: [/b]
Mine too. Any pix of this journalistic juggernaut?
[i]Originally posted by HP49er[/i]@Jan 20 2005, 07:03 PM [b] Mike, Jena is my new hero! :thumbsup: [/b]
Yeah, HP, she told me she met you in Cincy. I agree that she's doing a great job.
[i]Originally posted by 49er1[/i]@Jan 21 2005, 07:30 AM [b] Mine too. Any pix of this journalistic juggernaut? [/b]
You'll have to wait for her autobiography of life in Nebraska for the photos. :D And honestly, it was interesting to hear Jena talk about Cornhusker life a bit.

The camera was long packed away by then but I did wish I could’ve had it for a photo of Doug Sweeney and the new Mrs. Sweeney to post.

www.overstock.com?

Sat - Nice game preview but nothing on Beasley. Tomorrow?

Delayed yet again

Anymore word on the article? If it is about Beasley and it keeps getting delayed would that delay be about time and space requirements or is Beasley waffling a little and the article can not be released. Enquiring minds want to know.

As talented as the kid is I find it hard to believe he will make it to campus.

The last I heard he was being home schooled. Imigane going from being home schooled to a millionare in the NBA!! :blink:

It’s Monday. Don’t see anything yet. Maybe I missed it though. Hmmmm… :unsure:

Yes, the story is about Beasley and it was supposed to run last Friday. I understand that stories like this tend to get delayed but I’m surprised we haven’t seen it in print yet. As thin as the sports section was today, it would have been nice to have that story added today.

Not necessarily because of the story not going to print yet, but I’m a bit worried about this kid skipping college but we’ll see what happens.

The story is ready, but I’d rather not put it on page 6. When we can get it on the front, we’ll run it.

[b]The story is ready, but I'd rather not put it on page 6. When we can get it on the front, we'll run it.[/b]

Since pro football is all but over, you should get plenty of chances in the next two weeks. Us Niner fans would like to see it on the front page instead of what Tom Brady’s favorite TV show is, or Donovan McNabb’s favorite kind of Chunky soup is.
:wink: :huh: Just kidding, Mike, but the NFL Championship is the most overly-covered event in sports. The extra week off just makes it worse. SportCenter will be terrible until February 8th or 9th.

X-49er you wouldn’t be saying that if the Falcons had won. All I can say is FINALLY THE EAGLES ARE GOING TO THE SUPER BOWL!!!

[i]Originally posted by Mike_Persinger[/i]@Jan 24 2005, 08:04 AM [b] The story is ready, but I'd rather not put it on page 6. When we can get it on the front, we'll run it. [/b]
Good answer, Mike. I'll wait.
[b]X-49er you wouldn't be saying that if the Falcons had won. All I can say is FINALLY THE EAGLES ARE GOING TO THE SUPER BOWL!!!!!! [/b]

Regarding the excess coverage, yes I would. I would probably pay more attention to the injury stuff, but that would be it. The coverage is ridiculous and unnecessary. SportsCenter will spend 10-20 minutes every night for two weeks telling us the same thing we already knew and the same thing they told us yesterday. I didn’t watch all of the coverage 6 years ago, either. Just play the friggin’ game already and quit talking about it.

[i]Originally posted by Mike_Persinger[/i]@Jan 24 2005, 08:04 AM [b] The story is ready, but I'd rather not put it on page 6. When we can get it on the front, we'll run it. [/b]
Definitely worth the wait to get it on the front page. Looking forward to it.