Chisox will love this! 2006-07 schedule

Call Winthrop. Phone lines are open.

i dont want to play winthrop next year with our schedule as it is…they’re good, but the way our home schedule is looking we really need to add a higher profile team…and thats no knock to winthrop

but maybe next year or after that, we can play them instead of a UNC-A or davidson or georgia state or something…

[QUOTE=jds2007;175119]
but maybe next year or after that, we can play them instead of a UNC-A or georgia state or something…[/QUOTE]
Fixed

I thought wake would come to town

[QUOTE=uncommon-niner;175122]I thought wake would come to town[/QUOTE]

07-08 in the downtown arena.

well damn. I hope we do well next year and get some ACC attention.

well damn. I hope we do well next year and get some ACC attention.

doing well wouldn’t draw any acc attention, at least not the kind that would make them want to play us. and the davidson game is going nowhere JD

[QUOTE=Threemire09;175139]doing well wouldn’t draw any acc attention, at least not the kind that would make them want to play us. [/QUOTE]

doing well definitely makes the acc not want to play us.

doing well definitely makes the acc not want to play us.
Doubt it.

More winning → more exposure → more RPI → more of a reason for them to play us because we’re well known and they’ll actually get credit for a win, and not be considered as a total complete upset with a loss.

That's wierd. That would be like us saying we don't want to play Chapel Hill right now. You think if anything it would be the other way around.

uncw not wanting to play uncc is like uncc not wanting to play unc?

i don’t get it. uncw has a better program than you guys.

uncw not wanting to play uncc is like uncc not wanting to play unc?

i don’t get it. uncw has a better program than you guys.

I’ll try not to hold that idiotic quote against you sport. What are you considering as a better program? Final Fours? Tournament Appearances? Talent Levels of our teams compared over time? They won’t play us for a reason, we would shlack their team, nevermind I will hold that f’n ignorant post against you.

[QUOTE=GSOSpartan;175177]uncw has a better program than you guys.[/QUOTE]

huh??? where did you get such a ridiculous idea? they may have one or two better years but that’s about it.

[QUOTE=gotLutz;175164]Doubt it.

More winning -> more exposure -> more RPI -> more of a reason for them to play us because we’re well known and they’ll actually get credit for a win, and not be considered as a total complete upset with a loss.[/QUOTE]

that sounds really great in theory but that’s not exactly the way it has worked through the years. we have had better rpis than over half the acc teams numerous times and never received “more exposure” and never received much demand for a game by an acc team.

We are going at Syracuse. Book it. I asked someone I know who’s connected to a player.

[QUOTE=LakeNorman49er;175182]that sounds really great in theory but that’s not exactly the way it has worked through the years. we have had better rpis than over half the acc teams numerous times and never received “more exposure” and never received much demand for a game by an acc team.[/QUOTE]

I would think that winning in general would make ACC teams want to play us. The reason they won’t now is that they know we can beat them and if we did in fact beat them (which has a decent chance of happening), they would look bad because they lost to the team that loses to ECU, valpo, South Florida, Northwestern, Wyoming, etc.

If we quit losing to such scrubby teams, then a loss to Charlotte will not be such a bad thing in the ACC, but as long as we drop games to ECU, there will be a stigma attached to losing to the Niners that ACC teams don’t want to get.

Also, I think we must set an example and play Winthrop’s and even ECU’s or any regional schools that want to play us even though it might not be in our complete best interest for RPI, because if we cannot give them the chance to play us, then how can we ask BCS schools to play Charlotte if it is not going to help them.

i don't get it. uncw has a better program than you guys.

BWAHAHAHAHAHHAAA!!! :lmao:

[QUOTE=lutz9er;175204]…then a loss to Charlotte will not be such a bad thing in the ACC…[/QUOTE]

theoretically you are correct and i won’t dispute your theory.

but

1. it will still look bad to the acc teams because acc fans will NOT know how good we are. that’s because it is doubtful we will have received the exposure in acc country (no, i am not criticizing the observer).

2. we are viewed among some acc programs as a threat to theit territory. it has been mentioned on this board numerous times that we often compete for the same recruits and the same fans. acc schools (especially the 4 in nc) do not want to lose recruits or fans to us.

3. our program started reemerging in the early 90’s. since then we have played state once, wake once, and chapel hill once during the regular season. that’s about one regular season acc game every FIVE years. however during this period we have been to the ncaa more than half the acc programs.

btw we shoud be 3-0 against those 3 in-state regular season opponents.

[QUOTE=LakeNorman49er;175208]theoretically you are correct and i won’t dispute your theory.

but

1. it will still look bad to the acc teams because acc fans will NOT know how good we are. that’s because it is doubtful we will have received the exposure in acc country (no, i am not criticizing the observer).

2. we are viewed among some acc programs as a threat to theit territory. it has been mentioned on this board numerous times that we often compete for the same recruits and the same fans. acc schools (especially the 4 in nc) do not want to lose recruits or fans to us.

3. our program started reemerging in the early 90’s. since then we have played state once, wake once, and chapel hill once during the regular season. that’s about one regular season acc game every FIVE years. however during this period we have been to the ncaa more than half the acc programs.

btw we shoud be 3-0 against those 3 in-state regular season opponents.[/QUOTE]

Well, you bring up a lot of points that are true and do lead to them not wanting to play us. I am arguing more against the notion that us losing other games would make them more likely to play us.

Whether we win or lose to ECU, etc., we’re always a dangerous team that could beat practically any team and the ACC teams know that, so they would be more likely to play us if we beat a lot of teams (higher rpi for CLT) than if we lose, but they still won’t want to play us probably anyway because of those reasons Lake Norman 49er states.

[QUOTE=lutz9er;175209]we’re always a dangerous team that could beat practically any team and the ACC teams know that[/QUOTE]

BINGO!

i agree with everything you’ve said but this one statement is probably by far the most important.

huh??? where did you get such a ridiculous idea? they may have one or two better years but that's about it.

He didn’t get the “idea” per say, because that would indicate brain activity. Just another know-nothing jackass that likes to troll this board. If he had brain one he never would have said such a moronic thing.

He didn't get the "idea" per say, because that would indicate brain activity. Just another know-nothing jackass that likes to troll this board. If he had brain one he never would have said such a moronic thing.

sorry, i should have made myself more clear. they don’t have a better program, but they have had a great run for the past several seasons. i realize charlotte has a better program…

but to say that charlotte is to uncw what unc is to charlotte is not an accurate comparison in my opinion.

i think charlotte has a great program…i wish my school had the history you guys have…but you (and wilmington) are on a whole different level than us…but the ACC is on an even higher level, for the most part.

i’m not trying to knock you guys, i enjoy reading the board…