CHN's annual 144 teams in 144 days...

http://www.collegehoopsnet.com/preview/2006/index.htm

Thanks to HappyCamper for finding this, I had almost forgotten about it, even though every year they do this. Wake is behind some not so glamerous teams.

WTF! There is already a school on there with the team name 49ers. This is crazy. What is the deal with the number 49 and people being named after it.

[QUOTE=49or bust;178852]WTF! There is already a school on there with the team name 49ers. This is pretty crazy. What is the deal with the number 49 and people being named after it.[/QUOTE]
We have played them several times over the past couple of years.

We have played them several times over the past couple of years.

Oh really? I thought I recognized the name. I probably missed the game if they played us while I’ve been here. I don’t see how I could forget that they have our team name.

Oh really? I thought I recognized the name. I probably missed the game if they played us while I've been here. I don't see how I could forget that they have our team name.

How could you forget Snoop Dogg doing the National Anthem in Halton?

[QUOTE=NinerLoudNProud;178862]How could you forget Snoop Dogg doing the National Anthem in Halton?[/QUOTE]

Fo Shizzle !

So far…

1. Iowa State
  2. New Mexico Lobos (Phaler’s old team)
  3. [B]Saint Joseph’s[/B]
  4. LBSU 49ers, fo shizzle, bizzle
  5. Ole Miss
  6. Alabama State (Are these guys in the Hawaii tourney with us this year, or am I thinking of the Wyoming tourney from last year?)
  7. Coppin State
  8. Coastal Carolina
  9. Ohio
  10. Wake Forest ::stiffles laughter, but cant for long:: HAAAAAHAHAHAAA :lmao:
  11. Montana

How many teams are there in Division 1 basketball anyway?

[QUOTE=allie49er;179286]How many teams are there in Division 1 basketball anyway?[/QUOTE]

well over 300. im sure someone on here knows the exact number

update:

1. Robert Morris Colonials (I have never even heard of this school!)

I love seeing all these scrub teams that Wake is behind

Hopefully we’re in the top 144.

[QUOTE=allie49er;179292]Hopefully we’re in the top 144.[/QUOTE]
That’s what I was thinking. Losing our best player, our starting C and our starting PG doesn’t look that good on paper.

We’re better than Robert Morris so I think we’re ok. I would have said the same about Wake, though.

335 teams…

we gotta be in the top 144,

2 yrs ago #62
last yr #42

i think we will get alot of respect to start, honestly, i believe peole like andy katz will say DA is ready to play like crazy, along with threemire and that our team will be better balanced without curt and mitch b/c the 49er team won’t feel pressured to get those guys the ball,

and it even makes a little sense thinking of it that way. our offense will flow better without trying to find our “star” player. if you want an example of this working out look at NCSU last year, everyone thought they would falter without hodge, but actually the pack played a better offense without the added pressure of playing to the star of JHodge.

Hopefully that will happen with the 49ers this year.

besides that i love the CHN countdown, perfect for building up to the bball season!!

[QUOTE=unccnick84;179437]our team will be better balanced without curt and mitch b/c the 49er team won’t feel pressured to get those guys the ball, and it even makes a little sense thinking of it that way. our offense will flow better without trying to find our “star” player. [/QUOTE]

are you kidding? his name is Deangelo and he will touch the ball on every possesion. and since when was anyone pressured to get the ball to Mitch? not trying to rag you, just curious as to how you came up with this idea…

335 teams....

2 yrs ago #62
last yr #42

i think we will get alot of respect to start, honestly, i believe peole like andy katz will say DA is ready to play like crazy, along with threemire and that our team will be better balanced without curt and mitch b/c the 49er team won’t feel pressured to get those guys the ball,

and it even makes a little sense thinking of it that way. our offense will flow better without trying to find our “star” player. if you want an example of this working out look at NCSU last year, everyone thought they would falter without hodge, but actually the pack played a better offense without the added pressure of playing to the star of JHodge.

Hopefully that will happen with the 49ers this year.

besides that i love the CHN countdown, perfect for building up to the bball season!!

mitch never wanted the ball because his shoulder was at like 60% all year. people questioned why he didn’t play like crazy all year and that is why. yea he was great in years past but you play hesitant when you get surgery on something as big as your shoulder.

curt did just as much, he passed the ball as much as he got it because of being doubled and triple team. we were still heavy on our 2’s and 3’s last year than any other year. we will always have dominate 2’s and 3’s in our system.

[QUOTE=the daxified one;179446]
curt did just as much to dish the ball than to pass it. [/QUOTE]

:blink:

[QUOTE=Chisox17;179445]are you kidding? his name is Deangelo and he will touch the ball on every possesion…[/QUOTE]

read the beginning of my statement again…DA is ready to play like crazy…this year we will again have a “star” player, but last year with curt on the floor i think it threw off the offense, nearly every possesion that was setup the would try to find him the ball, and that throws off a natural rhythm. and besides that when he did get the ball how many turnovers were there?

all i am saying is, is that without curt 49er offense will run faster and smoother, b/c they won’t always be looking to setup a play and find him near the paint, and thats great for us b/c a fast pace game without trying to run a play each possession is what has worked for us, this setting up everytime down the floor slows our pace and kills us, and DA will only help keep it quick, along with 3mire and company,

a fast pace offense suits Carlos Williams well, he likes to get out and run. he’ll benefit from the weapons he has to choose from on the perimeter.

335 teams....

2 yrs ago #62
last yr #42

Love the optimism, unccnick -

Just keep in mind that the rankings on CHN are woefully bad. The reviews on CHN are pretty good and worth reading - but they really need to fire the guy who ranks the teams.

#132 Wisconson Green Bay