CHN's annual 144 teams in 144 days...

[QUOTE=HP49er;182779]Gosh, youā€™d think HPU was ranked in the top 20 or somethingā€¦ although Arizona Reid and Landon Quick are easily both worth the $7 ticket.

[URL=http://highpointpanthers.com/headlines/?HeadlineID=31367][B]Panther Basketball Gains Preseason Recognition[/B][/URL], HighPointPanthers.com[/QUOTE]

Woowww. I cant tell you how glad I am that I dont go to a school that gets that excited about being ranked [B]112th[/B] in the nation. Jeez

[QUOTE=Chisox17;182782]Woowww. I cant tell you how glad I am that I dont go to a school that gets that excited about being ranked [B]112th[/B] in the nation. Jeez[/QUOTE]

Maybe you should be quiet until a few more of these rankings are released. :smile:

1. Pacific Tigers
  2. Seton Hall Pirates
  1. Arizona State Sun Devils(Herb Sendekā€™s new team)
  2. IUPUI Jaguars
IUPUI Jaguars: Projected Post-season Tournament: NCAA

I saw this on CHNā€¦ is that normal?

Have I just missed them in the past?

I saw this on CHN... is that normal?

Have I just missed them in the past?

[FONT=Arial]Final Projection: [/FONT] [FONT=Arial]Jamar Nutter will have to do most of the scoring and he was a key part to the success of the Pirates last season. During that successful run, he proved that he could be a reliable scorer and the pressure to get to the hoop and make the big shots will fall on him. He has some help in the backcourt with Paul Gause and Brian Laing. Gause showed flashes of brilliance as a freshman and will likely see minutes backing up the point guard and shooting guard spots. Laing, a 6-5 wing, has slowly progressed into a solid player and will be asked to increase his scoring this season. With a freshman point guard and questions in the frontcourt, Seton Hall is back down in the lower half of the conference. An NIT bid isnā€™t totally out of the question if Harvey and Garcia are ready to play like seniors instead of sophomores. An NCAA bid is about as likely as it was a year ago, and we all know how that worked out.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial] [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Projected Post-season Tournament: [/FONT] [FONT=Arial]none
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]
That was just a typo iā€™m guessing.
[/FONT]

You clicked on the team name and when you do that for IUPUI it says Seaton Hall, they didnā€™t update the links. If you click on the logo, it comes up for IUPUI and has them listed in post season NCAAā€¦ I think their site is a little jumbled right nowā€¦

[QUOTE=ChevEE;183145]I saw this on CHNā€¦ is that normal?

Have I just missed them in the past?[/QUOTE]

IUPUI has been pretty good the last few years. Theyā€™ve only made the Dance once (2002-2003), but they scare a lot of big-name teams now. They moved from NAIA to Division I for the 1996-1997 season, and have become a force in their conference (MCC). They and Oral Roberts tied for the regular season crown last season, but IUPUI lost in the semis of the MCC Tourney and missed out on the Dance. Ron Hunter, IUPUIā€™s head coach, is becoming a hot commodity. One more trip to NCAAā€™s, and heā€™ll be at a larger school. Heā€™s coached IUPUI to a 69-48 record over the last 4 seasons, with two of them being 20-win seasons.

1. NC State Wolfpack
  2. Butler Bulldogs

Butler>NCSU lol

[QUOTE=Threemire09;183253]Butler>NCSU lol[/QUOTE]

Iā€™m surprised that State is ranked that high.

By my mathā€¦they only return 6 players and only one that averaged over 3 pts.
They lose 64.2 of their scoring average (scoring average for the entire team was 74.5) and the lost their top recruit for next year (or 07?). Note- the above is factoring that Andrew Brackmon does not come back/play next year (add 7.6 to the above totals if he is).

#105. Missouri Tigers

104. San Francisco Dons (these guys are in the Hawaii tourney with us)

from this day foward i think its going to be a ā€œwhewā€ moment.

I hope we have a few more days in us.

[QUOTE=ninerID;183355]from this day foward i think its going to be a ā€œwhewā€ moment.[/QUOTE]

I think youā€™re correct.

Hereā€™s another twist. How many more teams need to be announced before we start to panic and think we did not even make the list?

Iā€™m not saying we will not be on it, but if our name doesnā€™t show up after a certain point, some of our fans may start to wonder if we are on it at all.

Here's another twist. How many more teams need to be announced before we start to panic and think we did not even make the list?

Iā€™m not saying we will not be on it, but if our name doesnā€™t show up after a certain point, some of our fans may start to wonder if we are on it at all.

We can officially start to worry that we didnā€™t make the list when we get to #30. If we havenā€™t shown up by then, we wonā€™t show up at all. My prediction: #49:smile:

I honestly dont think they will put us any better than the 60ā€™s. If we reach the 50ā€™s and we havent been mentioned, then we are probably #145ā€¦

How could we not make this list with some of the teams mentioned

I have no doubt weā€™re on this list. Why would we not be there? This is a ridiculous discussion. I promise that weā€™re ranked higher than the San Francisco Dons.

ā€œThis is a ridiculous discussion. I promise that weā€™re ranked higher than the San Francisco Dons.ā€

Weā€™ve come full circle since 1976. Or they have. Or itā€™s too early in the morning and I havenā€™t had enough coffee.

(Iā€™m referring to the famous elevator quote by a San Fran player at the NIT)