CHN's annual 144 teams in 144 days...

are you serious is temple really going to lose that much with the loss of mardy collins?

temple is projected 8th in the A-10. I think this year will be Xavier, Charlotte, UMASS, GW, Fordham, with st. louis somewhere in there.

i think gdub will drop off don’t they lose 3 of their top scorers from last year?

i think we’ll be fine against st. louis because drejaj was a senior this year i think. god i hated that kid. UMass and Xavier are going to be our hardest competition.

I remember Temple being good last year. This is pretty surprising. I wonder how accurately these guys are judging teams.

whoops

I remember Temple being good last year. This is pretty surprising. I wonder how accurately these guys are judging teams.

The site judges teams pretty accurately. It says that Temple can be an NIT bubble team and I can buy that.

It’s the rankings that are f’d up.

[QUOTE=the daxified one;180835]i think we’ll be fine against st. louis because drejaj was a senior this year i think. god i hated that kid. UMass and Xavier are going to be our hardest competition.[/QUOTE]

While it’s true that Drejaj is no longer a Billiken (and is now playing professionally in Europe), Saint Louis is going to be quite a handful. In looking back over the boxscore for our loss to SLU in 05-06, four of their starting five are returning in 06-07:

G/F Luke Meyer (Jr.) – scored season high 10 points against Niners (of course!)
C Ian Vouyoukas (Sr.) – 2006 A-10 First Team and Most Improved Player (13.9 ppg, 7.3 rpg, 54 blocks)
G Kevin Lisch (Soph.) – 2006 A-10 All-Rookie Team (11.1 ppg)
G Tommie Liddell (Soph.) – 2006 A-10 Rookie of the Year (10.5 ppg, 7.0 rpg)

BTW, frosh G Dustin Maguire, if as good as advertised, should give SLU yet another scoring threat. I actually think the Billikens will be better in 06-07 and should vy for the A-10 crown.

In addition, SLU will have the groundbreaking for its 10,000 seat on-campus arena next month:

SLU Sets Arena Groundbreaking Date

And, finally, SLU just signed a PF from Greenville, SC who attended Fork Union:

Horace Dixon Signs with Billikens

#123. Colorado State Rams

you also have to remember Temple also lost their Coach of over 30 years i do think was about the tenure that he had their. So they are going to be operating under a new coach. So their style of play is going to have to be altered to fit that coach’s teaching. Collins was the only player on that team worth a crap from what i remember.

[QUOTE=the daxified one;180967]Collins was the only player on that team worth a crap from what i remember.[/QUOTE]

That Robinson kid from Charlotte also lit us up but I’m pretty sure he was a Sr. too.

yeah he was a senior they still have that dude from oak hill.

Colorado St. and now Charleston Cougars led by Cremmins.

#121. Miami Hurricanes

120 – my sleeper team from last year Bradley Braves
119 – Murray State Racers (Ohio Valley)
118 – Providence Friars (Big East)
117 – Sam Houston St. Bearkats

How can Wake be 143? That has to be a joke.

I know and they are in the [B][U][I][SIZE=7]ACC[/SIZE][/I][/U][/B]

1. UNCW Seahawks (give 'em hell Benny)
  2. UALR Trojans
  3. Sam Houston State Bearkats
  4. Providence Friars
  5. Murray State Racers
  6. Bradley Bears (from that conference which is better than ours)
  7. Miami Hurricanes

GO Bennnnnnny!!!

1. Hawaii Rainbows
  2. Auburn Tigers
  3. High Point Panthers (Now with Mitch Mullis, good luck Mitch!)

Gosh, you’d think HPU was ranked in the top 20 or something… although Arizona Reid and Landon Quick are easily both worth the $7 ticket.

[URL=http://highpointpanthers.com/headlines/?HeadlineID=31367][B]Panther Basketball Gains Preseason Recognition[/B][/URL], HighPointPanthers.com