Class of 2011

Yes, 2011 provided by hoopscoop. Looks like there is some local talent we should start recruiting. Maybe we can show them the master plan of what the campus will look like by the time they get here.

Rank Player Height Class Position Hometown, State College

[B]15. Marquis Rankins 5’8 2011 2G Charlotte, NC[/B]
[B]24. Jacoby Davis 5’8 2011 PG Charlotte, NC
[/B][B]47. Quantrell Williams 5’7 2011 2G Charlotte, NC[/B]
[B]58. Jacob Lawson 6’2 2011 C Reidsville, NC[/B]
[B]62. Evan Hymes 5’2 2011 2G Durham, NC[/B]
[B]63. Diami Gilmore 5’10 2011 C Rock Hill, SC[/B]
[B]69. Tyler Poole 5’11 2011 PF Hickory, NC
[/B][B]82. P.J. Hairston 6’4 2011 C Greensboro, NC
[/B][B]123. Bernard Sullivan 6’5 2011 C Gastonia, NC[/B]

Full List incase i missed one [URL=http://forums.chicagohoops.com/viewtopic.php?t=4896&sid=850507fb1635126bd37e2cc2d445b279]http://forums.chicagohoops.com/viewtopic.php?t=4896&sid=850507fb1635126bd37e2cc2d445b279[/URL]

I’m tellin’ you ID…with a signature like that…you need to be posting A LOT more often…really…honestly…A LOT more often!!!

The class of 2011 is a joke. 2014 is where its at! :biggrin:

Seriously tho, ranking EIGHT GRADERS!? wtf man

i’m still worried about the class of 2007. yeah, but definitely need more pics of half (or fully) naked chicks.

ever see Mr. Show on HBO? Maybe we can get bob odenkirk to pressure infants to sign.

I had my hopes up it was hot girls, then some wierdo listed basketball players.

Hot 8th graders? Get help.

I’m sure he’s “joking”

[QUOTE=NinerLoudNProud;179783]Hot 8th graders? Get help.

I’m sure he’s “joking”[/QUOTE]

i was thinking the [I]exact[/I] same thing…

Of course I wouldn’t mess w/ an 8th grader.
Some people get their panties in a wad over every joke.

But aren’t jokes supposed to be funny?

Seriously…2008 is a stretch right now. This is just ridiculous.

But aren't jokes supposed to be funny?

Seriously. Same thing I’m thinking everytime with ken. Then I ask how its supposed to be funny and there’s no reply. I wonder why… maybe… because it wasnt really a joke to begin with? I’d bet thats it.

Tyler Poole no longer available (at least for now). The 6-7 SF at Hickory High (and former teammate of Trevin Parks) is headed to Mississippi. Currently ranked #141 in Rivals 150 for class of 2011.

Hickoryrecord.com: HHS Poole commits to play hoops at Ole Miss

[BTW, speaking of the top 150, Xavier has a commit from 5-9 PG Darwin Davis (Bloomington, IN) from the 2011 class. Rivals lists him at #68.]

and to add to that… Hairston is verballed to UNC, and Rankins is getting looks from Duke, and other high majors.

Per Jeff Goodman and Dave Telep, Poole has opened it up. Looking to play both basketball and baseball.

Scout.com: Poole, Ole Miss Part Ways

Trying to think of last Niner to play both hoops and baseball. Only John Gullickson comes to mind (and also think he’s the only Niner to have transferred to UNCC from Davidson, where he made the SoCon All-Freshman team in men’s hoops).

Maybe Poole would like to join fellow Red Tornado teammate Tyler Barnette here.

4 from the Charlotte area. We should be able to land 2 in my mind.

If not, we’re not something right.

moss, not sure if a Niner target or not, but just reading about 6-5/6-6 SF Dominique Pointer of Quality Education Academy in Winston-Salem in a piece about the Nike Global Challenge in Oregon. Pointer is from Michigan and apparently looking mostly at Midwest schools (Dayton, DePaul, Detroit, Miami U., Michigan State, etc.), but who knows.

[b]Surprise players[/b]

Dom Pointer (Winston-Salem, N.C./Quality Education Academy)
2011, SF, 6-5, 195 | Team: USA Midwest
Pointer has a terrific wing-type frame, has off-the-charts athleticism and gets his points by attacking the rim. He takes contact well and usually elevates over the competition. He can finish with either hand and his conversions are usually of the spectacular variety. However, at his size, his jump shot needs to get better. The lift on his shot is ideal, but he tends to shoot on the way down causing his shot to be flat.

ESPN.com: USA Midwest’s trio shines on Day 1

BTW, his ESPN profile lists Dayton as a school being considered, but Flyers recently completed recruiting for the 2011 class. Rated a 93 by ESPN and 3-stars by Scout.

I followed Pointer for a while. Recently blew up, would love for us to target him.

Figured you knew the name. I know it’s early, but starting to get a little antsy with all the verbals being made to our fellow A-10 schools for the 2011 class, with Dayton having completed recruiting and Xavier with just one more spot to fill.