Class of 2011

Figured you knew the name. I know it’s early, but starting to get a little antsy with all the verbals being made to our fellow A-10 schools for the 2011 class, with Dayton having completed recruiting and Xavier with just one more spot to fill.[/quote]

I’m getting antsy too. We just finished out “Select” camp. NinerReport will have a breakdown of that soon. Glad to see that we are Thorne’s favorite and we made the “cut” on Nickerson.

More on Pointer’s play in the Nike Global Challenge…

[b]USA Midwest 78, INSEP France 59[/b]

Leading the Midwest in scoring was high energy forward Dominique Pointer who scored 16 points on 50 percent shooting , grabbed 10 rebounds, came up with seven steals and dished out four assists.

Recruiting News

Dominique Pointer has had a stellar summer. West Virginia, Detroit, Ohio State, Tennessee and Miami have offered. DePaul is also a school of interest. Pointer plans on waiting until the spring and hasn’t scheduled any visits.

Rivals.com: All USA Final

Considering he has 3 teammates on his Midwest team who are Rivals Top 150 for 2011 (#6 Bradley Beal, #49 Jahii Carson, and #102 Carlton Brundidge), he’s doing what he needs to get noticed!

Who’s Thorne? Link?

Never mind. I found it in recruiting forum. Maybe he can be a “Thorne” in opposing teams’ sides! His pic reminds me of Rodney White a little.

Saw the name Chad Frazier in today’s Big O. Says the 6-3 SG is transferring from Metrolina Christian to First Assembly in Concord for his senior season. Averaged 25 ppg as a junior last year and being recruited primarily by mid-majors (CofC, Elon, G-W, Winthrop, and Wofford), though Richmond is mentioned as well.

CharlotteObserver.com: Ex-Panther’s son to play for Clemson (see Basketball)

I see several guys we are recruiting commit to other schools. I though that we would at least have one commitment by this time. I hate seeing the list grow smaller with each commitment to another school. We have been down this road so many times in the past several years.

Zagoria tweeted that Dominique Pointer will visit St. John’s in mid-September. Also see that he is #81 in Rivals 2011 Top 150 (updated 8/24/2010).

moss, know anything about Alonzo Nelson-Ododa (also listed as just Alonzo Nelson on some sites)? He’s 6-8 PF who transferred from Barrow H.S. (Winder, GA) to Norcross, where he’ll team up with Niner target E. Victor Nickerson. We’re listed on his Rivals profile as a “College Choice” along with UGA, GT, and VCU. Has offers from Richmond (visited this past weekend) and Wichita State.

Rivals.com: Alonzo Nelson

I’ll graduate next year. Can I be included in this thread?

[quote=“Run49er, post:28, topic:11186”]moss, know anything about Alonzo Nelson-Ododa (also listed as just Alonzo Nelson on some sites)? He’s 6-8 PF who transferred from Barrow H.S. (Winder, GA) to Norcross, where he’ll team up with Niner target E. Victor Nickerson. We’re listed on his Rivals profile as a “College Choice” along with UGA, GT, and VCU. Has offers from Richmond (visited this past weekend) and Wichita State.

Rivals.com: Alonzo Nelson[/quote]

We were mentioned with him not long after Major & Co. got to work. He played on the GA Stars, which included Nickerson. I have not heard us mentioned with him lately.

[quote=“ninerID, post:1, topic:11186”]63. Diami Gilmore 5’10 2011 C Rock Hill, SC
58. Jacob Lawson 6’2 2011 C Reidsville, NC
82. P.J. Hairston 6’4 2011 C Greensboro, NC

62. Evan Hymes 5’2 2011 2G Durham, NC [/quote]

They better eat their…

or start hanging out with these guys…

Remember when a 18oz cereal box was the norm? Now I’m getting 14.8 or something,

We were mentioned with him not long after Major & Co. got to work. He played on the GA Stars, which included Nickerson. I have not heard us mentioned with him lately.[/quote]

Thanks!

Per Zagoria, it’s down to 3 for Pointer - Michigan, St. John’s, and West Virginia. Oh well…

When is early signing period? I know we have two commitments and are waiting on Nickerson and Parker I think, but I thought we had 5 open spots for next year? Do we expect both Nickerson and Parker to announce before early signing period?

http://ninernation.net/index.php?topic=27816.0

Nickerson is going to decide in Oct/Nov. We aren’t in Parker’s list anymore, you man mean Carter. Carter is looking to sign this Fall, but I have a feeling that could change (hope I’m wrong).

Spring? ugh…

I saw that Nickerson would decide on his birthday. 10/27/10.

[quote=“Niner National, post:37, topic:11186”]Spring? ugh…

I saw that Nickerson would decide on his birthday. 10/27/10.[/quote]Sorry NN, meant to say Fall. Updated it. If big players keep getting involved, he may wait to see what other offers are out there.

Not a good week for recruiting for us.

Lewis says we are not his leader and is leaning toward NCSU.
Leek committed to WKU.
We are off Parker’s list.
Dawson is off the list.
Drye committed to Tulane.

This is crunch time for the staff…we need some good news soon to keep the ship moving in the right direction. Early signing period is a month away…not a lot of time.

We HAVE to land Carter and Nickerson…HAVE TO!!!

Per Zagoria, it’s down to 3 for Pointer - Michigan, St. John’s, and West Virginia. Oh well…[/quote]

And the “winner” for Dominique Pointer is St. John’s.