Class of 2019 MBB recruiting thread

Thread to discuss the class of 2019 recruits for Men’s hoops.

Offers:
Wendell Moore - SF
Joey Baker - SF
Issa Muhammed - C
Imajae Dodd - PF
Donovan Gregory - G
Martin Maide - G
Myles Pierre - G

1 Like

Thanks for these, Run!

Per Verbal Commits, we have offered 6-3 SG Marten Maide of Carmel Christian School in Matthews. Listed as 20th best player in 2019 class by NC Preps.

Per Verbal Commits, we have offered 6-5 SG Donovan Gregory of Carmel Christian School in Matthews. Listed as 19th best player in 2019 class by NC Preps.

Per Verbal Commits, we have offered 6-2 SG Myles Pierre of Carmel Christian School in Matthews. Listed as 13th best player in 2019 class by NC Preps and was named NC Preps Elite Guard Camp MVP this past weekend at Providence Day School.

Three Offers Go Out on Thursday
https://charlotte.rivals.com/news/three-offers-go-out-on-thursday

Writeup on the 3 offers for Carmel Christian guards, who are coached by Charlotte alum Byron Dinkins.

Some nuggets (from Phenom Hoop Report) from guys to watch:

2019 Marten Maide: This could be a really big year for this sharp shooter. He showed why with a smooth stroke and knockdown capability. Watch for this young man.

2019 Donovan Gregory: If you want to know who made the biggest noise at Olympic by throwing down some bodies, look no further. Attacking guard that is superbly athletic.

2019 JC Tharrington: It amazes us how well Tharrington plays and displayed how much he understands the game of basketball. He doesn’t turn the ball over, he can flat out shoot it, and plays under control.

More from Phenom Hoop Report:

6’2” 2019 Myles Pierre
Team Charlotte
Myles is tough, both physically and mentally. He really defends well, in fact his defense was the catalyst for his offense success. He plays with great pace and he really did good work in the mid range, with his 1 and 2 dribble pull up game.

[quote=“moss2k, post:5, topic:30902”]Some nuggets (from Phenom Hoop Report) from guys to watch:

2019 Marten Maide: This could be a really big year for this sharp shooter. He showed why with a smooth stroke and knockdown capability. Watch for this young man.

2019 Donovan Gregory: If you want to know who made the biggest noise at Olympic by throwing down some bodies, look no further. Attacking guard that is superbly athletic.

2019 JC Tharrington: It amazes us how well Tharrington plays and displayed how much he understands the game of basketball. He doesn’t turn the ball over, he can flat out shoot it, and plays under control.[/quote]

My friend’s son plays on Tharrington’s team, says the can kid really shoot the ball.

Just curious as to whether we’re interested in 6-8 F D.J. Burns of York Prep in Rock Hill. See that Oklahoma State the latest to offer on a list that includes WKU, Davidson, VT, LSU, Tennessee, GT, UGA, and his home town Winthrop.

Staff has definitely been in contact with him.

Staff has definitely been in contact with him.[/quote]He was at a game this year.

Jaelyn Withers has been offered.

Can you say P R I O R I T Y !

Please tell me we beat ncst to the punch on Withers.

[quote=“Ruckus42, post:13, topic:30902”]Please tell me we beat ncst to the punch on Withers.[/quote]Seems like there was some miscommunication about the offer. I believe it’s been out there for a while, but perhaps Jaelyn was unaware.

That’s not a good sign !
We need to lie, steal, cheat…whatever we need to do to keep him here. ;D

Seen the name Jalen Lecque pop up on Verbal Commits quite a bit lately. The 6-2 PG from the Bronx, NY has reclassified from 2018 and will attend Christ School near Asheville in 2018-19. Per VC, has 13 offers including Wake, UGA, K-State, St. John’s, Houston, Texas Tech, Minnesota, URI and VCU.

Per Verbal Commits, Baker has been offered by Kansas.

From recruiting analyst Jeff Borzello after seeing Lecque at this weekend’s EYBL event in Indianapolis:

Reclassified 2019 guard Jalen Lecque has been the best player on the floor in this one. Absolute bucket-getter. Highlight-reel finisher.
Twitter.com: [b][url=https://mobile.twitter.com/jeffborzello/status/858103392081543168]@jeffborzello[/url][/b]

Plus this posting by Adam Zagoria:

Zagsblog.com: Bronx Native Jalen Lecque Becoming Breakout Star on EYBL Circuit

Recruiting analyst Adam Finkelstein on Baker:

ESPN 25 forward Joey Baker was as productive of a sophomore as I saw last weekend
Twitter.com: [b][url=https://mobile.twitter.com/AdamFinkelstein/status/857727775993626624]@AdamFinkelstein[/url][/b]

Per Verbal Commits, Baker has picked up offers from Louisville, St. John’s, and DePaul.