Class of 2019 MBB recruiting thread

Sweet. Can definitely use some shooters.

Now we need Chico to commit

Some great quotes in the article. Good find, 80Niner

i think bickerstaff and dunn are bigger priorities, imo

From Adam Finkelstein of ESPN:

And this from Adam Zagoria:

Feels great to get a recruit with some stars again!

Why does he have to red shirt coming from junior college?

He’s not coming from JUCO and he didn’t have to redshirt. He’s redshirting to learn the system and get stronger.

And an outstanding decision on his part !

So he’s that good he has to redshirt when he doesn’t have to?

His situation seems a little different than a “typical” redshirt. He’s reclassifying from 2019 to 2018. In his situation it’s either another year of HS or redshirt in college. The fact that he’s choosing college shows maturity and that he’s a good student IMO.

Redshirting was the idea of he and his father. He said Coach Sanchez offered for him to play this year, but agreed that redshirting was a good idea too.

way to be negative. i think this kid understands that he probably needs to get stronger and work on his overall game and a year of redshirting would do him good.

A 3 star that is willing to redshirt is nice for a change. Most of them think they are ready for the NBA.

He is behind the 8-ball with regards to the recruits that were already committed and on campus in the summer. Don’t blame him for wanting to redshirt and go to college immediately. I’m not sure how his prep program is paid for but getting a college scholarship instead of paying for an additional year of high school seems like a no-brainer to me.

1 Like

Although transfer rules are in flux, at this moment getting a RS year your first year is a golden ticket. Stay on track academically and graduate after your 4th year, then go play on a team that is likely to go far that year if Charlotte isn’t.

Nice piece that also recognizes Coach Sanchez’s ties to New York State. And no “UNC-Charlotte”!