Class of 2020 MBB recruiting thread

https://twitter.com/davidscott14/status/1252417240558743557

2 Likes

From Evan Daniels back in December [NOTE: quotation edited for brevity and relevance]:

I like the size but I do worry about having two international kids as our big men. They rarely seem to translate into the American game well for us

1 Like

I am probably just bring hopeful here, but a Sanchez big European might be better than a Price big European. Time will tell.

2 Likes

From July:

I’m not trying to nit pick, but just of note, because parents and recruits do read this board, and I wouldn’t want anybody to take it the wrong way. FWIW Sanchez hasn’t signed any European bigs, but he has signed two international bigs.

Aly is Egyptian (Africa)
Anzac is a New Zealander.

4 Likes

From February:

2 Likes

Welcome to Charlotte, Aly. Look forward to seeing you in a Niner uniform

6 Likes

Looks like a great get! If you’re associated with any sort of academy or training program with the NBA name on it, I’m going to assume you’re a talented player.

Looks like he needs to bulk up a bit, but that’s typically true for all freshman. Looks like our roster is shaping up nicely.

A piece from 2018 after Khalifa had been in Australia for half a year:

The YouTube video makes me think Supica + a couple inches in height, but even more in length. Some long ass arms on that dude. The pack line works better with length, so I like it.

Mason to Asheville:

Aly_Khalifa_Signed_v2_jpgArtboard_1_copy

3 Likes

FWIW, Salnave has committed to DePaul.

EbIUM7RXgAEwnc8

7 Likes

i think the transfer pickups of matos and cannon are sneaky good pickups. i get the idea that sanchez doesnt wanna bring in a grad transfer who wants to come in and be the leading scorer bc it could hold back the developement. matos was the best defender on the possible #1 team in the country and since we lost martin, he could fill his defensive role. the kid seems to think he was underutilized offensively at dayton and from what their fans were saying, they agree. cannon was the 3rd leading scorer, 1st in blocks(at 6’5") and best athlete and possibly best defensive player for a pac 12 school. he was also 2nd in the pac12 in ft shooting. we got more athletic and better defensively with these additions and added experience.

7 Likes