Class of 2020 MBB recruiting thread

Cannon looks like a solid addition but just a reminder that he was a sophomore when he was Wazzu’s third leading scorer at 7.9 ppg in 2018-19. Of course, injury, new coach, etc contributed to his fall off last year. Hopefully his third school - and fourth coach - will be a positive wrap up to his collegiate career.

Had 3rd highest offensive rating on the team even last year on Bart Torvik

i would look at that as a positive that he was able to come in and be their 3rd leading scorer in his first season. i doubt he became a worse player as a junior.

The meniscus injury that caused Cannon to miss the entire month of January certainly hampered things but his numbers weren’t good in OOC save a few contests. Best outing vs ODU (14 pts, 7 rebs), one of his two double digit scoring games last year. Gotta think the change in coaches the biggest factor as he went from a consistent starter to basically a bench player and by the end of the season a DNP.

Anyway, I trust a change of scenery etc will give us the sophomore version of Cannon.

Run went all Pac-Man on us

So, how many years does Cannon have left to play? 1 or 2 ?

1. sit 1, play 1.

Uggg. So, not eligible this year.

The official announcement doesn’t mention anything definitive about when Cannon will be eligible so I’m wondering if we’re applying for a waiver.

That would be great if he could get a waiver. Defense & athleticism would be solid with him & Matos playing together.

that would be incredible. i wonder if the staff wants him to be eligible immediately, or if they want him to replace matos/shep nxt season.

1 Like

another caleb byrd game if you guys are intersted.

https://australia.basketball/blog/2020/09/01/coe-farewells-2020-graduates/

COEGraduates_WEB_V4_200901

Khalifa 3rd from left

1 Like

Well that knee brace doesn’t look good

1 Like

Khalifa"s prognosis? Any update?

Haven’t seen any more since stpaddy108 posted it was probably fissure knee.

3 Likes

Two student-athletes with tough majors. I always like to see them preparing for a life that might not include professional sports. It is good to have options.

My roommate freshman year was an architecture major and I rarely saw him. He was always in studio, and worked harder than anyone else I knew. That has to be hard with basketball.

1 Like

I can’t imagine being in a tough major on top of playing a sport. I dunno how they find the time.