Class of 2020 MBB recruiting thread

Sounds like Bennett could be a good replacement for McGill without using up a scholarship. The 3 point shooting percentage alone could be very valuable in a couple of years if he can work into the lineup.

1 Like

I was told by a big Wake fan that Cone has a baby with a Wake student

It’s amazing how creative schools are getting now in recruiting. Make them get a current student pregnant just to come to school there…genius.

Yes. Louisville with its hiring hookers. Such amateurs!

Add VT to list of schools offering Cone as 2019 prospect

Looks 40.

UNLV baby!!

i dont care if he looks like abe vigoda, if he can ball, i’ll take him.

55, love the reference to Vigoda!

Anyway, see that Josh Banks has received offers from Coastal Carolina and Elon.

Also, Banks and Ishmael Leggett both recently named to the Nike EYBL Atlanta (April 26-28) All-Breakout Team:

Perhaps this is a better photo. Definitely doesn’t look 40 here!

Per this, 7-0 Italian C at Tri-City Christian School in Conover made an unofficial visit:

1 Like

My former college roomie is on the Tri Cities coaching staff and has been working with this kid for a couple of years. He loves the kid and had me come watch them last year at a game at Spectrum Center. He called Lutz to look at him and I know that he also took an unofficial to Davidson too. He’s apparently a legit 7 foot…and he has a solid all around game. Solid jumper…is considered a stretch 5 but also plays some back to the basket. Athletic…good footwork and an excellent passer out of the post. My buddy says his only knock is he is too unselfish and he doesn’t know how dominant he could be if he would play more aggressive…needs to find a way to get a little “bulldog” in him. Team CP3 doesn’t run anything through him and the guards run everything so he doesn’t get to show out a lot on that team.

Tri Cities has also shut down and he thinks Borra will be transferring to a school in California for his senior season.

He sent me a lot of pictures from their tour during the visit…and the other thing I found very promising is my buddy’s impression of Dirty Sanchez. He graduated a year before me at Charlotte but after Lutz…he has really disconnected from following the program. He was absolutely PUMPED about Sanchez. He couldn’t stop talking about how he’s resetting the culture and embracing the history and the past players to establish a real connection to the past and creating real pride in being a part of the program. He said he is absolutely convinced that Sanchez is going to do amazing things here. Knowing how disconnected and disgusted he has been with our program…I never would have expected to hear him that pumped up over what he saw and heard from Sanchez and his vision. Not sure about Borra but Sanchez certainly sold my buddy on where this program is headed.

Hearing that excited me. Actually more excited about his opinion on Sanchez moreso than the 7 footer he brought to the unofficial visit!

9 Likes