Class of 2020 MBB recruiting thread

You mean an ECU writer changed the setting on a website controlled by biased humans to “warm”?

Yep. Y’all surely got him.

1 Like

@Wolf-Hart, I think we all assumed it was obvious–being on our board, and in the 49ers Basketball Forum and all–but this thread is about the Charlotte 49ers recruiting. We don’t care that some kid might be warm about ECU. Could not care less.

1 Like

I guess he also changed Kansas State’s status to warm as well? Honestly I don’t know if he’s even responsible for that but I do know his info is very good and it sounds like we have a very good shot at him.

He seems like a primary recruit for you guys as well with multiple post about him on this thread already.

He’s not.

He has a significantly better offer sheet than anyone else you guys are recruiting at this point on the wing.

okay. we landed the guys we wanted. we were finalists for 3 other guys and decided to take the guys we wanted. mason is a good player but his jumper is sub par.

When you get a 6-7 guy with his explosiveness and apparent ball handling ability some concessions come with it, bluebloods would be offering him otherwise and we wouldn’t be in the game. (North Carolina has some interest as well) Obviously if we sign him someone is going to get dumped next spring that’s probably not cutting it here anyway. We only have one senior and already have a commit to replace him. It’s unlikely Mason would even get on the court since we don’t lose anyone really, so I look at this as taking a guy with a lot of potiental we can wait on to develop the shooting if we land him.

Trying to convince us (we don’t care)? or trying to convince yourself?

1 Like

i would be really suprised if this kid considers ecu. i’m being real, not even trying to be a dick. trust me, no one on this board has any issues with our recruiting. we brought in the #1 class in the conference despite over 15 years of crappy hoops.

He’s is no doubt considering us from what I’ve heard. Highly, and it shouldn’t be a surprise with our staff or some of the guys they have already landed (Coleman/ Robinson) or were in the final three on like Khadim Sy.

You’re an idiot. we are already full on 2020’s

even if we weren’t full, i trust the staff if they are recruiting other guys harder than mason. mason is a good player, no doubt but this staff has proven that they know what to look for and know what guys fit their system. i would be reeeaelly suprised if this kid picks ecu.

Man. I sure do wish we had a 6’7 4 star with several high major p5 offers from basketball powers committed.

2 Likes

We are actually completely full, but sometimes you oversign for some talents and figure it out later if they are worth it. Also you have 2 seniors and one signee that I see.

I know, reading is hard for you guys.

Reading. And math… .and history…and science. Struggles with coloring and nap time too.

If you are full, it’s no different than we are. Where the staffs differ IMO is the fact we will cut the players not cutting it. I’m all for over signing and then exiting the worst player on the roster next spring. Sign me up for that everytime.

When you don’t have a 247 site (which is the top recruiting network) with commits even listed it’s not like the info is as easily accessible without a deep dive search. I missed the guy because he’s not listed.

Simply oversigning and pushing guys out can be a really bad look. Also, we might not have any scrubs we wanna push out.

1 Like

Every team is going to have some guy not playing and probably not good enough with no real future. You especially don’t need upperclassmen as your 10+ man. With the amount of transfers in general today I don’t think the look of it matters. It’s likely someone is leaving anyway and there’s not a lot of loyalty on the player side either.