Class of 2023 MBB recruiting thread

And if we develop this 6’10" kid into a decent player, he will transfer after his redshirt sophomore year just we he would be able to help us win games.

Was the blue chips player from Indiana too? Or like Iowa?

Graves and Berry looked promising last year. There were a few flashes.

The problem is that next year they can’t continue to develop with Aly and Brice leading the team.

I was cautiously optimistic we might have a better year next year but the transfers killed it.

If you lose your……

Forget it.

Sick of reliving it.

Sanchez sucks at his job and I can’t wait for him to be gone.

1 Like

Indiana

1 Like

Dude can shoot, guaranteed

Assumption??

WTF is that?

1 Like
1 Like

Thanks! Seriously had never heard of it until today!

I’m asking out of ignorance. Any comment from Hill or Sanchez on the state of recruiting or the program after Khalifa and Williams left?

1 Like
2 Likes

Re-posting this in light of Anthony Robinson reopening his recruitment per the coaching change at USF.

Updated 4-25-2023

CHARLOTTE COMMITS

Nick Richart 6-10 C/F

Offered - Uncommitted

Anthony Robinson 6-10 C

Brandon White 6-10 C

Offered - Committed elsewhere

Gai Choi - Mississippi State
Freddie Dilione - Tennessee
Spencer Elliott - Tulane
Kayden Fish - Iowa State
Mekhi Grant - Morehead State
Trey Green - Xavier
Tai Hamilton - William & Mary
Christian Jones - George Washington
Tyrese Proctor - reclassed to 2022 and signed with Duke
Amire Robinson - Nevada
Youssouf Singare - UConn
Sam Walters - Alabama
Isaiah Watts - Seton Hall
Jaydon Young - VA Tech

There seems to be a statistically close to 0% chance Sanchez is going to be able to replace the offensive production of the players he lost.

And the new recruits won’t be doing defense correctly right off the bat in all liklihood since it’s apparently so difficult. :roll_eyes:

Been a frustrating day reading announcements about P6 offers to North Carolina hoopsters from the likes of FSU, Georgetown, Maryland, Nebraska, and Texas. Plus ones from App State and Queens. On the other hand, we seem to be in stealth mode.

1 Like

At this point the portal has basically given Ron the middle finger so why not look for some high school talent that has been overlooked because of the portal madness. At this point I would prefer to take mediocre high school kids over crappy portal talent. At least the high school guys can teansfer if Ron is fired after next season. We will be stuck with the crappy portal talent if that happens.

Seems like we are offering so many 2024s. Feels like that is looking too far in the future at the moment.

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: AAC Basketball :basketball:

This is likely an effort by Sanchez to avoid immediate rejection.

Waiting Patiently GIF by General Hospital

1 Like

We are an FBS school in the AAC (top ten basketball conference right?) with a ton of playing time available. We have four key contributors to replace.

Kinda sorta feels like we should not be having this much difficulty landing players.

Am I off base here?

Am I being unreasonable??

2 Likes