Class ranked #23 by Hoopscoop

[QUOTE]23. CHARLOTTE (23 Points)…5 Recruits…4.6 Talent Rating Average Per Recruit…Atlantic-10 Conference…(8) Charlie Coley, 6’7, WF, Dodge City (JC) KS; (6) Lamont Mack, 6’7, PF, Angelina (JC) TX; (3) Dijuan Harris, 5’9, PG, Hillsborough (JC) FL; (3) An’Juan Wilderness, 6’7, PF, Lenoir (Patterson School) NC; (3) Gaby Ngoundjo, 6’7, PF, Little Rock (Christian) AR. [/QUOTE]

And they didn’t even count Barnett, Jones, and Gerrity. Barnett by himself would have given us 2 or 3 pts to move up in the top 15. Let the hype begin. :49ers: :49ers: :thumbsup: :doh:

Various rankings:

[QUOTE]43. KANSAS STATE (18 Points)…4 Recruits…4.5 Talent Rating Average Per Recruit…Big-12 Conference…(9) Michael Beasley, 6’8, PF, Fitchburg (Notre Dame) MA; (3) Dominique Sutton, 6’5, WF, Lenoir (Patterson School) NC; (3) Jacob Pullen, 6’0, PG, Maywood (Proviso East) IL; (3) Fred Brown, 6’2, PG, West Palm Beach (Dwyer) FL. [/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]26. N.C. STATE (22 Points)…4 Recruits…5.5 Talent Rating Average Per Recruit…Atlantic Coast Conference…(8) James Hickson, 6’8, C, Marietta (Wheeler) GA; (8) Tracy Smith, 6’8, PF, Durham (Mt. Zion Christian) NC; (3) Johnny Thomas, 6’6, WF, Greensboro (Day) NC; (3) Javi Gonzalez, 6’0, PG, Miami (Dr. Krop) FL. [/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]22. MASSACHUSETTS (24 Points)…8 Recruits…3.0 Talent Rating Average Per Recruit…Atlantic-10 Conference…(6) Papa Lo, 6’10, C, Winchendon (School) MA; (3) Gary Correia, 6’2, PG, Northfield (Northfield-Mt. Hermon) ME; (3) Trey Lang, 6’7, PF, Marietta (Wheeler) GA; (3) Trevon Wilcher, 6’8, PF, Lee (Academy) MA; (3) Max Groebe, 6’5, WF, Miami (Dr. Krop) FL; (2) Marcus Matthews, 6’1, 2G, Brooklyn (Bishop Loughlin) NY; (2) Matt Hill, 6’8, PF, Tilton (Academy) NH; (2) Matt Glass, 6’6, 2G, Northfield (Northfield-Mt. Hermon) MA.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]1. INDIANA (45 Points)…7 Recruits…6.4 Talent Rating Average Per Recruit…Big-10 Conference…(10) Eric Gordon, 6’3, 2G, Indianapolis (North Central) IN; (8) Jamarcus Ellis, 6’5, 2G, Chipola (JC) FL; (6) DeAndre Thomas, 6’9, C, Chipola (JC) FL; (6) Brandon McGee, 6’8, PF, Chicago (Crane) IL; (6) Eli Holman, 6’10, C, Richmond (H.S.) CA; (6) Eshaunte Jones, 6’4, PG, Ft. Wayne (North Side) IN; (3) Jordan Crawford, 6’4, 2G, Chatham (Hargrave Military) VA.[/QUOTE]

I’m really surprised AnJuan only got 3. He was a pretty big get considering the schools we were competing against. He was ranked as high as 50th in the nation as well. Did not qualifying and prepping hurt his stock?

Isn’t it a bit lopsided? I mean obviously if you have more recruits you receive more points, or am I reading this totally wrong?

Papa Lo at UMass… I love that name. Just rolls off the tongue. I feel sorry for him when he comes to Halton.

NiiiiiiiCCCCeee, but rankings don’t mean sh*t unless these recruits produce. I’m still hyped about them.

[QUOTE=CharSFNiners;235448]Isn’t it a bit lopsided? I mean obviously if you have more recruits you receive more points, or am I reading this totally wrong?[/QUOTE]
That’s how I read it too. Doesn’t really seem like a very effective measurement.

[QUOTE=RWORKMAN09;235450]That’s how I read it too. Doesn’t really seem like a very effective measurement.[/QUOTE]

That’s why he does it. Stirs up debate but if you think about it, it’s the overall class ranking. Look at the average by recruit if you want.

didnt we have one of the top classes last year too?

[QUOTE=Gill2003;235454]didnt we have one of the top classes last year too?[/QUOTE]

Hoopscoop did do a nice write-up about us last year but I don’t remember a ranking. I’m just posting it. Obviously seeing is believing but the recongnition is great.

oh yeah, I agree.

WOW, awesome … Thanks Lefty! I’d like to see them add the others.

[QUOTE=RWORKMAN09;235450]Doesn’t really seem like a very effective measurement.[/QUOTE]

Agreed 100%

I looked at the list and said, “Huh? Umass?” Massachusetts does not have many highly touted recruits coming into next year. They have Trey Lang and a bunch of 2 star recruits. Those 2 star ‘question marks’ may very well surprise a few people - but a #22 preseason ranking? Not an effective measurement at all.

I’d rank Dayton’s recruiting class the highest in the conference. Chris Wright (defensive minded SF) is the highest-rated recruit (Top 50) coming into next year and Dayton also picked up another good, big foward in 6’10" David Searcy (3 star).

After Dayton - Charlotte, Xavier, St. Joe’s, Temple, and Rhode Island all had good recruiting years.

The way hoopscoop does rankings is silly.

If you want to rank them the normal way, see how we measure up based on average star rating.

Have a hard time believing there’s that much difference between Coley (8) & Wilderness (3).

[QUOTE=survivor45;235462]I’d rank Dayton’s recruiting class the highest in the conference. Chris Wright (defensive minded SF) is the highest-rated recruit (Top 50) coming into next year and Dayton also picked up another good, big foward in 6’10" David Searcy (3 star).

After Dayton - Charlotte, Xavier, St. Joe’s, Temple, and Rhode Island all had good recruiting years.[/QUOTE]
I agree that Dayton has the best incoming group. Actually, every team in the A-10 has done pretty well in recruiting with the exception of SLU.

[QUOTE=survivor45;235462]Agreed 100%

I looked at the list and said, “Huh? Umass?” Massachusetts does not have many highly touted recruits coming into next year. They have Trey Lang and a bunch of 2 star recruits. Those 2 star ‘question marks’ may very well surprise a few people - but a #22 preseason ranking? Not an effective measurement at all.

I’d rank Dayton’s recruiting class the highest in the conference. Chris Wright (defensive minded SF) is the highest-rated recruit (Top 50) coming into next year and Dayton also picked up another good, big foward in 6’10" David Searcy (3 star).

After Dayton - Charlotte, Xavier, St. Joe’s, Temple, and Rhode Island all had good recruiting years.[/QUOTE]

Papa Lo Osume (or however you spell it) will most likely be the best in UMASS’s class. He is compared to Lasme when he came in their program.

[QUOTE=NinerAdvocate;235466]Have a hard time believing there’s that much difference between Coley (8) & Wilderness (3).[/QUOTE]

Did you notice that UMass has only one recruit that rates higher than Dijuan Harris (3)?

Yea their ranking system is silly.

Perhaps a better way to do it would be to only consider like the top 5 guys on the lists for each team. Those are probably the only guys who will see much PT and make a real difference for the teams. -Tho i could be totally wrong. I’m still a rook when it comes to recruiting.

[QUOTE=49or bust;235476]Yea their ranking system is silly.

Perhaps a better way to do it would be to only consider like the top 5 guys on the lists for each team. Those are probably the only guys who will see much PT and make a real difference for the teams. -Tho i could be totally wrong. I’m still a rook when it comes to recruiting.[/QUOTE]

Just look at Avg. Points/Recruit, that will give you a better look at how we stack up against others.

Just look at Avg. Points/Recruit, that will give you a better look at how we stack up against others.
I can't even find the list haha. Their webpage is ghetto as hell.

[QUOTE=49or bust;235478]I can’t even find the list haha. Their webpage is ghetto as hell.[/QUOTE]

lol, yea just look at the posts that Lefty made, you have to pay big bux to become a member lol.