Classic / ICE cars ⛽

Great car. I want one.

Late reply but I remembered this conversation. Wife and I are looking to get her a new Telluride ordered to spec and I’m having an atrocious time finding a dealer that will order one for us at MSRP. Hendrick does indeed sell at MSRP but they have $3500 in mostly worthless add ons.

For a car ordered to spec they are literally getting paid to fill out the paperwork and do a PDI inspection on it. They have no holding costs, advertising costs, etc. It’s super easy money.

The other thing is, there used to be no inventory of these vehicles but now that’s changing but the dealers still expect people to pay over MSRP. I’m just not gonna do that.

It’s crazy that people are just perfectly happy, oblivious, whatever to pay a 10% premium on a new vehicle.

And whoever it was that previously said this isn’t happening anywhere, that was in the business or whatever is crazy.

If I could find a previous model Sequoia (or Tundra) in good shape and a low “Toyota tax” I’d scoop it up. If I were in the market for a new full-size I’d go get a Titan. New Tundra/Sequoia styling has yet to rub off on me and I really don’t want to deal with a Turbo V6 over a much simpler and proven V8.

clt says get a grand cherokee L

clt says there is no replacement for displacement

I have a GC TH, wife doesn’t want something any bigger than that. Telluride drives more like a car.

https://twitter.com/automobilemag/status/1681499199618129921

120 HP / 180 lb ft from a tiny motor with ultra low emissions.

That’s crazy

Never thought I would see a 3 cylinder Corolla and think “That’s badass!” Yet, it’s 0-60 in 5 seconds badass and looks like it’s a blast !

This must be dealer specific. I ordered one from Subaru of concord and we literally went through the website configuration in the dealership and ended up with exactly what I did the night before at my house. Exact same price, no push for add ons, dealer packages or anything like that.

Was the easiest transaction I’ve ever done buying a car.

If a dealer won’t give you the exact MSRP deal off the website screw them.

Profit is built into that price.

I hate hate hate the dealer add on packages. Cannot stand it.

Man it’s every Kia dealership in the area, for Telluride at least. I’ve been in direct contact with 7 or 8 dealers either in person or via email and they either are charging over MSRP or they have add ons that are mandatory. It’s insane.

I tried looking further away and honestly some of the dealer pricing 75-150 miles away is even worse with them not even putting MSRP in their websites and the list price being $5-10k over what I know to be MSRP.

1 Like

clt asks if you have looked at the atlas?

The wife is getting rid of a VW when she gets a new car and has repeatedly said “never again” on Volkswagen. Which is fine with me, it means I won’t have to follow 15 steps and remove body panels to do an oil change.

As bad as the Telluride markups are, I can only imagine how bad the EV9 ones will be. It’s frankly an uglier car, but it’s going to be even rarer on dealer lots.

I like it much better with a V8. Ground clearance makes it a great grocery getter and Highway driver. The price point reported is refreshing in the current White House era of high inflation and high interest rates. The dash seems too high in one photo. I love the boxy look, but maybe a taller stance is achievable, because I am sure everything else is off-road capable. They really missed the mark on the FJ,’s with no open air, and only 2 Operable windows. Otherwise I would have bought one of those years ago

clt says did you check out the lockers? this is a solid rig.

can it hang with a wrangler rubi off road? for a little while.