Classic / ICE cars ⛽

Kate Upton Model GIF

1 Like

Two things about this story:

1. It speaks to the future of ICE vehicles IMO. They are going to become novelty vehicles for consumers and some will remain workhorses in commerical fleets. But the soul won’t be dead. There are some beautiful machines on that list.

2. How effing refreshing that a story wasn’t titled with the ridiculously redundant “Top 10 Most / Best” convention that is a prefix on almost every such list story in America. Brits can be some uptight bastards, but this time I salute them. “Way to respect the King’s, ole chap…”

I just dont see how it stays an affordable hobby. The parts, the know how, the access.

As someone with classic cars it still bothers me when classics are gutted. There comes a point where it just becomes wrong.

1 Like

I’d want to modernize underpowered / less refined engines and improve handling and brakes.

Maybe that is wrong, but I’ve ridden in a classic car before and after and I preferred the upgrades. It drove / rode a lot better.

Oh no doubt it drives and rides better. My argument is if you want a car that drives and rides significantly better buy a different car. I view my ownership of those vehicles as a caretaker to the past. I have modernized some things - such as replaced points with modern ignition, but if I took my MGs and modernized them I’d have a miata and you know what I can just go buy? A Miata.

Many of those cars - there are so few working examples left that it drives me absolutely crazy to see them bastardized.

1 Like

CNBC: Dodge will discontinue its Challenger and Charger muscle cars next year.

And so begins the end of the pony cars. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

V8 rumble > electric hum

2 Likes

clt says long live the hellcat.

The Challenger and the Charger the defining cars of dangerous driving on 485 in Charlotte for me.

1 Like

The Charger for sure. Apologies for offending anyone here who may own one, but if there is a stereotype car for an obnoxious / dangerous driver, it’s a Charger, at least around the Carolinas. It’s almost always 18-35 yr old male tailgating and weaving in and out of traffic like it was a NASCAR race when it’s really just typical Saturday traffic. It’s a long running joke in my family: “…bet you’ll never guess what the ahole was driving?”

Every.damn.time.

clt says altimas as well

Don’t let those BMW drivers escape the hate, they are some of the worst.

This feels like brand suicide.

Makes absolutely no sense.

Those cars sell well and at least have some history and model continuity to them.

I think this sucks.

3 Likes

Always liked the lines on the Challenger. So much better than the Charger.