Clemson Fans Not Sleeping On Us

Dabo just on WFNZ. Much of the same as he said in weekly presser but was very complimentary of the team and coach

Sorry but no. This guy, like some others we know, may have walked away because of Judy or someone else, but instead of putting his support on hold, he TRANSFERRED his allegiance to another school, one that I assume he didn’t attend or receive a scholarship from. Sorry but no, that’s just weak. If he didn’t like the way things went then he could have tried to make them better in other ways like almost everyone on this message board has done at some point. He jumped ship.

As a former athlete he should have even more motivation to fix what is wrong, not walk away.

3 Likes

http://www.espncharlotte.net/the-wake-up-call-david-scott-the-wr-core-is-the-best-pleasant-surprise-for-the-charlotte-49ers/

And the only reason you know about him is because I brought it up, which i wish i hadn’t now, but I promise you, there are thousands more just like him. And pretending that’s not the case is asinine.

And for the record some of the most genuine and well intentioned posters on this board did the very same thing during the dark ages, and none of them are back either.

I wish they were back too, but driving our head in the sand on this issue solves nothing.

I don’t think anyone is saying that he is an aberration. We all know a lot of college sports fans with our degrees on their walls doing the exact same thing. We’re merely pointing out that he, as someone that directly benefited from Charlotte Athletics, should have been among the first to return to the fold. That he hasn’t, and that he STILL chooses to financially support another school that doesn’t need it nearly as much makes this case particularly galling. I’m not absolving Judy Co. of their part in driving away our fans, far from it, but NOW this guy clearly would STILL rather support a “winner” than help make his Alma Mater into a winner.

If I’m wrong and this guy just bought season tickets, then I’ll be the first to welcome him or those like him back. God knows we all understand the frustration with the previous regime.

1 Like

I think Dabo’s comments will be good for us, but I also think when they pile drive us into the turf it makes them look better because they blew out a team that “really is good–even if you did not realize it.”

Never heard an opposing coach say that they were about to play a scrub, even if it was obvious to the whole world. Believe me, no matter if we win or lose or lose by over a hundred points this Saturday; Dabo Swinney will be pulling hard for us to win out the rest of the season, because it will make the game look the best possible for Clemson.

Been listening to coachspeak for many, many years and I have heard a coach say “this is a game we should win”

Once and only once, which was so unique I remember it many years later.

1 Like

I don’t give a crap about any of the whys as to those who abandon our alma mater. They are traitors to our school regardless of their differences with the AD, etc. A loyal alum would try to change the culture and not jump ship like the rats they are . Screw them. Forever and amen. Go NINERS !!

3 Likes

clt says your average fan doesn’t realize how good charlotte is

1 Like

No one is burying their heads in the sand or saying many others haven’t also done this-----------I (we are) am saying that doesn’t make it right or make it valid or “ok”. As I said before, its just easier which means these people really didn’t care THAT much about their alma mater to begin with. Sorry, might sound mean, but its true. I don’t care how crappy our individual leaders are or how bad our teams are, or for how long. This school will always be first for me in terms of who I pull for/support. Now, I can understand slowing down my gifts and lessening the number of games I go to but i will not EVER transfer those things to another school NOT EVER!

2 Likes

I won’t either. But our school has 2700 donors. Safe to say we are the exception, not the rule.

1 Like

Might be safer to say most don’t give to ANY school (alma mater or otherwise).

1 Like

Yeah he’s just building us up a little so it looks really good when they beat the crap out of us. Just praying to get thru the weekend with no more injuries & move on to conference play. The exposure will be good but the results most likely will not.

I know our kids playing this game are jacked, regardless. It’s this kind of game and the anticipation of playing this type of team “is what it’s all about “, regardless of the potential outcome. They will never forget it, and for this weekend they are playing in THIS game BECAUSE they are NINERS. No other school is playing #1 except The Charlotte 49ers Saturday September 21st, 2019.

2 Likes

I tend to wear my green glasses a lot and overestimate our chances, however not this week. I believe our offense can and will move the ball. I don’t believe we are big enough across the D line to stop their interior running game. Only hope is they throw a lot to try and get Sunshine on track. True game killer will be special teams.
Hope I am wrong , but this could be over quick if we come out wide eyed.

I’ll be happy if we hold them under 50 and can score over 14 this game. Clemson thumped Alabama last year. The comparisons to the app/Michigan upset are not in the same ballpark.

1 Like

Wear green!

2 Likes

Rolling south in about 3 hours!!

4 Likes

Saban basically has said that. He has been very open that he doesn’t want to play anything but P5 schools.