clt asks what would make you donate more to the school?

clt votes for name change

Probably going to always find a way to donate to my school, but here would be my top 4 wish list:

Name change

Actual athletic department marketing effort and attendance incentives

Med school

Law school

Definitely name change. Long overdue. Athletics are supposed to market the university. Our school name and athletics name just lead to further confusion.

I didn’t listen to coaches show but I was told Judy was on it and said that people have lost patience with players and coaches. LOL She’s so out of touch she doesn’t realize people have an issue with her and how she is leading the program and THAT is driving the issue far more than coaches or players.

I think name change is the biggest missing piece toward unity with the city and loyalty with the students. Fix those two things and that will improve all our other problems. The name change will need funding too.

Exactly! She is the only one who has been around long enough for us to lose patience with in the revenue sports.

A name change

A Med School

A mortuary Science Program. Like the one at the University of Minnesota.

Name change. All else is secondary.

name change

At the pregame reception tonight she said “hello, [emf]” to my reflection in the window as I shook Hummer’s hand, didn’t turn around to greet me. I figure that means I’ve moved up a few ranks on The List ™, if for no other reason than consorting with #badfans, so she’s probably aware of public sentiment about herself, just would never acknowledge it, haha. :slight_smile:

I want a name change as much as the next guy, but I can see the issue tearing the university community apart more than anything, which is ironic considering all the name changes we’ve already had.

clt says the name change is the easiest and cheapest option here.

We don’t even need to officially change the name, just go the VT route.

[quote=“cltniners, post:12, topic:30663”]clt says the name change is the easiest and cheapest option here.

We don’t even need to officially change the name, just go the VT route.[/quote]

All things being equal, yes. Problem is getting that kind of cohesive marketing for a rebranding is so far out the school’s universe it is not even worth dreaming about. I don’t trust them to be consistent.

[quote=“jfickett, post:13, topic:30663”][quote=“cltniners, post:12, topic:30663”]clt says the name change is the easiest and cheapest option here.

We don’t even need to officially change the name,[size=12pt] just go the VT route[/size].[/quote]

All things being equal, yes. Problem is getting that kind of cohesive marketing for a rebranding is so far out the school’s universe it is not even worth dreaming about. I don’t trust them to be consistent.[/quote]

Is clt talking about “[size=12pt]Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University[/size]”?

I’m all for a name change but I feel we need to be relevant in something at the same time, otherwise we fall into the category of Buffalo, Akron, Binghamton, etc. That relevancy can be in the form of extended success in football and/or basketball, a med school, schools of dentistry and pharmacy, higher overall academic prestige, etc.

I used to think this, and you may still be right, but I’ve been leaning away from this. The biggest issues for me personally is overall school pride and school image across the state and across the nation. Changing the name will certainly help with this. That being said, I’m not sure if it’s the biggest issue. We could still be UNCC and have good athletics and a med school or law school or whatever else (though I’m not saying we should be ok with keeping UNCC).

School pride is something more complex. We are all fanatics here, but how do we reach the average student on campus and the average alumni? I’m not sure if it’s been mentioned, but we really need to up our graduation rate. We have a high rate of students transferring out of school to other schools. I would like to see a study that reached out to those transfers and students who thought about transferring. You could also include students who transferred here. To make it even broader you could study why students applied to our school. Study those statistics and then figure out what is driving kids away from us and then fix that.

A lot of things could make me up my giving - more wins, less Judy Rose, etc. etc. but the main thing to me is up the number of kids that are choosing to stay here and not transfer elsewhere and to up our academic reputation and the general reputation of the school.

A goal. If you came to me and said we are raising money for a football expansion my wallet would open. I don’t feel comfortable giving more than I am currently because so much is kept from secret from us. Although I understand why the Black Lot had to go, I don’t understand why we haven’t been informed about the plans for us. If you want to see a decrease in contributions keep fiddling around with that decision.

this is insane. my biggest problem is i want to support our coaches and our kids who essentially strive to make sure we exceed in spite of ourselves. but i don’t want to look like a butt in the seat to this delusional leadership.

this is insane. my biggest problem is i want to support our coaches and our kids who essentially strive to make sure we exceed in spite of ourselves. but i don’t want to look like a butt in the seat to this delusional leadership.[/quote]

Preach.

[quote=“49r9r, post:14, topic:30663”][quote=“jfickett, post:13, topic:30663”][quote=“cltniners, post:12, topic:30663”]clt says the name change is the easiest and cheapest option here.

We don’t even need to officially change the name,[size=12pt] just go the VT route[/size].[/quote]

All things being equal, yes. Problem is getting that kind of cohesive marketing for a rebranding is so far out the school’s universe it is not even worth dreaming about. I don’t trust them to be consistent.[/quote]

Is clt talking about “[size=12pt]Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University[/size]”?

I’m all for a name change but I feel we need to be relevant in something at the same time, otherwise we fall into the category of Buffalo, Akron, Binghamton, etc. That relevancy can be in the form of extended success in football and/or basketball, a med school, schools of dentistry and pharmacy, higher overall academic prestige, etc. [/quote]

clt fixes problem. Start the transition to Charlotte.edu. Freeze on any current marketing efforts (ha!)

Hire a quality firm to work on the updated logo, and marketing blitz. Keep the old seal, but push the the brand like never before. Don’t follow the mistake of athletics by releasing the dreaded UNC Charlotte athletic logo that was then dropped but still exists.

Profit.

[quote=“cltniners, post:19, topic:30663”][quote=“49r9r, post:14, topic:30663”][quote=“jfickett, post:13, topic:30663”][quote=“cltniners, post:12, topic:30663”]clt says the name change is the easiest and cheapest option here.

I’m all for a name change but I feel we need to be relevant in something at the same time, otherwise we fall into the category of Buffalo, Akron, Binghamton, etc. That relevancy can be in the form of extended success in football and/or basketball, a med school, schools of dentistry and pharmacy, higher overall academic prestige, etc. [/quote]

clt fixes problem. Start the transition to Charlotte.edu. Freeze on any current marketing efforts (ha!)

Hire a quality firm to work on the updated logo, and marketing blitz. Keep the old seal, but push the the brand like never before. Don’t follow the mistake of athletics by releasing the dreaded UNC Charlotte athletic logo that was then dropped but still exists.

Profit.[/quote]

CHP hired Stamats. Stamats said to do exactly what you said. CHP told them to GTFO.