clt asks which fanbase is the most annoying?

clt says vote now!

Ours?

Sometimes it is.

[quote=“Nugget, post:2, topic:32321”]Ours?[/quote] Without question.

Where is the option for App football/UNC basketball fans?

[size=1em]This is a tough one for me. I personally hate all things UNC-CHeat, so they get my initial vote; but then I have to consider EZU.

The thing that riles me about EZU fans is their “holier than thou” attitude when it come to football with virtually nothing to show for it. Since they began playing football in 1932, they’ve finished ranked in the AP poll twice (20th and 9th) and the coaches’ poll twice (23rd and 9th). That’s twice in the AP poll which has been around for 82 years.

Since they started CUSA twenty years ago they are 127-132. Hell, if you go back to 1980, they are 219-230. That number gets even uglier if you throw out the outlier 11-1 season in 1991 where they got ranked 9th as an independent (which was bookended by 5-6 losing campaigns). [font=verdana]Even during their miracle campaign of 1991, they only beat one team during the regular season who ended with more than 6 wins (Syracuse, who was good) and then beat NCSU in a bowl. [/font]

In that time period (since 1980) roughly 1/3 of their seasons were 4 or fewer wins and 20 out of 37 seasons were losing seasons.

Their football history is pretty much the definition of run-of-the-mill/average, but I have to sit around and listen to them rodomontade about their program. This isn’t relative to our program or anything, it’s simply that their fans act as if they are Alabama or Auburn.

And we all know what an atrocity their basketball program is. Of course, most of them are EZU foosball fans and CHeat basketball fans, so they just say “we’re a football school.”[/size]

[quote=“NewNiner, post:6, topic:32321”][size=2]This is a tough one for me. I personally hate all things UNC-CHeat, so they get my initial vote; but then I have to consider EZU.

The thing that riles me about EZU fans is their “holier than thou” attitude when it come to football with virtually nothing to show for it. Since they began playing football in 1932, they’ve finished ranked in the AP poll twice (20th and 9th) and the coaches’ poll twice (23rd and 9th). That’s twice in the AP poll which has been around for 82 years.

Since they started CUSA twenty years ago they are 127-132. Hell, if you go back to 1980, they are 219-230. That number gets even uglier if you throw out the outlier 11-1 season in 1991 where they got ranked 9th as an independent (which was bookended by 5-6 losing campaigns). [font=verdana]Even during their miracle campaign of 1991, they only beat one team during the regular season who ended with more than 6 wins (Syracuse, who was good) and then beat NCSU in a bowl. [/font]

In that time period (since 1980) roughly 1/3 of their seasons were 4 or fewer wins and 20 out of 37 seasons were losing seasons.

Their football history is pretty much the definition of run-of-the-mill/average, but I have to sit around and listen to them rodomontade about their program. This isn’t relative to our program or anything, it’s simply that their fans act as if they are Alabama or Auburn.

And we all know what an atrocity their basketball program is. Of course, most of them are EZU foosball fans are CHeat basketball fans, so they just say “we’re a football school.”[/size][/quote]

I had to look up rodomontade. I felt like an App graduate. I need to go to my safe space now.

[quote=“Nugget, post:7, topic:32321”][quote=“NewNiner, post:6, topic:32321”][size=2]This is a tough one for me. I personally hate all things UNC-CHeat, so they get my initial vote; but then I have to consider EZU.

And we all know what an atrocity their basketball program is. Of course, most of them are EZU foosball fans are CHeat basketball fans, so they just say “we’re a football school.”[/size][/quote]

I had to look up rodomontade. I felt like an App graduate. I need to go to my safe space now.[/quote]

clt says an appy grad would still be reading the poll options.

[quote=“ghostofclt, post:8, topic:32321”][quote=“Nugget, post:7, topic:32321”][quote=“NewNiner, post:6, topic:32321”][size=2]This is a tough one for me. I personally hate all things UNC-CHeat, so they get my initial vote; but then I have to consider EZU.

I had to look up rodomontade. I felt like an App graduate. I need to go to my safe space now.[/quote]

clt says an appy grad would still be reading the poll options.[/quote]

Perhaps we should calling them by their initials. ANCT

No mention of Davidson or Duke fans?? Shirley… eh, I mean SURELY you jest. :o

Duke fans are terrible

clt doesn’t know any Davidson or duke fans.

clt doesn’t know any Davidson or duke fans.[/quote]

To meet Davidson fans that live in the area, you must go to The Pines. https://www.thepinesatdavidson.org/index

To meet Davidson fans that live in the area, you must go to The Pines. https://www.thepinesatdavidson.org/index[/quote]

Nugget, you seem very familiar with this place. Is this where you live?

To meet Davidson fans that live in the area, you must go to The Pines. https://www.thepinesatdavidson.org/index[/quote]

Nugget, you seem very familiar with this place. Is this where you live?[/quote]

Not yet, but a guy can dream.

Are we talking historically?

Under “other”, I’d put:
Memphis fans
George Washington fans
Xavier/Dayton fans
Richmond fans

It’s been awhile since we even played these teams, and it’s been even longer since we were relevant against them. It’s hard to get worked up about any current CUSA fanbases since we’ve been so terrible since coming into the conference.

[quote=“9erken, post:16, topic:32321”]Are we talking historically?

Under “other”, I’d put:
Memphis fans
George Washington fans
Xavier/Dayton fans
Richmond fans

It’s been awhile since we even played these teams, and it’s been even longer since we were relevant against them. It’s hard to get worked up about any current CUSA fanbases since we’ve been so terrible since coming into the conference.[/quote]

Once upon a time, Cincinnati would have been high on this list, but then we got to know some of their fans. They won me over when they came to town and were bitching about a lack of pre-game coverage by the Observer.

App fans since the second we announced football have been trying to undermine our program. Hardly any other fanbase gives Charlotte the slightest thought at this point.

[quote=“NewNiner, post:6, topic:32321”][size=1em]This is a tough one for me. I personally hate all things UNC-CHeat, so they get my initial vote; but then I have to consider EZU.

And we all know what an atrocity their basketball program is. Of course, most of them are EZU foosball fans and CHeat basketball fans, so they just say “we’re a football school.”[/size][/quote]

Their attitude would be a lot different without a few key wins against State and UNC. This goes to show you that that one great season and a few key wins can change the perspective of both serious and casual fans about a program.

For another example of this phenomenon see Davidson basketball.

I will say that the cheat fans are bad. When we went there for a college visit last year THEY WOULD NOT STOP TALKING ABOUT THEIR BASKETBALL TEAM!!! It got to the point of embarrassment it was so bad.