Clt asks who will replace phil?

How about a 5,000,000+ person state?..I doubt he would be interested anyway, so its probably a moot point. However, I find it hilarious that posters are actually arrogant enough to insinuate a guy like Pat is such a terrible person and would be such a terrible choice. I’m willing to bet he has already accomplished more in his life than ol zippy ever will.

Governors are picked by the general public. Chancellor’s are picked by other educated elite. I’m not saying he’s not capable, just that he would never be under consideration because of his academic credentials. You can’t even be an assistant principal in a public school without a master’s degree.

I realize that, however that was clearly not the “tone” of zippys (political) editorial .

I don’t think zippy is under consideration for the position. I dunno how smart Pat is, but I will relate a story.
I talked to a Duke employee and jokingly asked if he knew Pat. “Oh, yea. I knew him from the time he came to the company.” So I inquired what kind of guy he was. “Well, he was a dumb ass when he worked for Duke and he’s a dumb ass now” Made me laugh.

Like or dislike the guy, he was smart enough to get elected governor. I dont like to think of myself as a dumbass, but i feel pretty confident that in a televised public debate id make myself look like one.

Don’t shoot the messenger. The first line of my post stated “I dunno how smart Pat is” Just quoting someone who actually knew him. Doesn’t matter in all likelihood. Probably no more in consideration for the job than zippy.

clt says CMS just hired a journalism BA to run a 150,000 student system

He’s the interim superintendent, but he’ll have the job at $280,000 a year for a year or a year and 1/2.

When they hire the new bigshot, Winston will get a 3-4 contract at a slightly lower figure.