clt daps the observer.

for providing real estate services for unc-ch grads.

if your house won’t move, call the observer. they’ll do anything for a chapel hill grad.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2010/12/27/1934758/dream-home-becomes-builders-nightmare.html

[quote=“cltniners, post:1, topic:24651”]for providing real estate services for unc-ch grads.

if your house won’t move, call the observer. they’ll do anything for a chapel hill grad.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2010/12/27/1934758/dream-home-becomes-builders-nightmare.html[/quote]

LOL. You may be on to something. Would they have mentioned his school if he had gone anywhere else? At least they did not pull or reduce the size of a Niner article to help the UNC-Chapel Hill grad sell real estate.

[quote=“cltfortyniner, post:2, topic:24651”][quote=“cltniners, post:1, topic:24651”]for providing real estate services for unc-ch grads.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2010/12/27/1934758/dream-home-becomes-builders-nightmare.html[/quote]

LOL. You may be on to something. Would they have mentioned his school if he had gone anywhere else? At least they did not pull or reduce the size of a Niner article to help the UNC-Chapel Hill grad sell real estate.[/quote]

This did not happen in the Sports Section, which is where we have traditionally gotten the shaft. This incident is not as bad as the O refusing to print an article about us knocking off a top 5 ranked tarhole team in baseball or refusing to print coverage of our golf team team when they were ranked NUMBER 1 in the country. Even worse, us beating top 25 basketball teams, us having a rpi in the top 30, us getting votes on a weekly basis, and having our stories BURIED on the last page of the sports section BEHIND ALL THE OTHER BASKETBALL STORIES. That really sucked back in those days. I worry the same thing may happen again once our program improves.

I think it’s a shame that some Niners were banned and/or chased away from this board for taking a stand against such biased journalism.

[quote=“Chipper, post:3, topic:24651”][quote=“cltfortyniner, post:2, topic:24651”][quote=“cltniners, post:1, topic:24651”]for providing real estate services for unc-ch grads.

LOL. You may be on to something. Would they have mentioned his school if he had gone anywhere else? At least they did not pull or reduce the size of a Niner article to help the UNC-Chapel Hill grad sell real estate.[/quote]

This did not happen in the Sports Section, which is where we have traditionally gotten the shaft. This incident is not as bad as the O refusing to print an article about us knocking off a top 5 ranked tarhole team in baseball or refusing to print coverage of our golf team team when they were ranked NUMBER 1 in the country. Even worse, us beating top 25 basketball teams, us having a rpi in the top 30, us getting votes on a weekly basis, and having our stories BURIED on the last page of the sports section BEHIND ALL THE OTHER BASKETBALL STORIES. That really sucked back in those days. I worry the same thing may happen again once our program improves.

I think it’s a shame that some Niners were banned and/or chased away from this board for taking a stand against such biased journalism.
[/quote]

I didn’t know Mike has that much influence on NNN. ;D

[quote=“Niner89, post:4, topic:24651”][quote=“Chipper, post:3, topic:24651”][quote=“cltfortyniner, post:2, topic:24651”][quote=“cltniners, post:1, topic:24651”]for providing real estate services for unc-ch grads.

[/quote]

I didn’t know Mike has that much influence on NNN. ;D[/quote]

not as much influence as he wished he had. but it seems he had a lot of influence on one mod. i think chipper was referring to metro and over with his statement of being banned or chased away. mike was not chased away. he left because metro kept proving him wrong. so did over. and so did you niner89. you were a bunch of “broken records”. :slight_smile:

[quote=“LakeNorman49er, post:5, topic:24651”][quote=“Niner89, post:4, topic:24651”][quote=“Chipper, post:3, topic:24651”]I think it’s a shame that some Niners were banned and/or chased away from this board for taking a stand against such biased journalism.
[/quote]

I didn’t know Mike has that much influence on NNN. ;D[/quote]

not as much influence as he wished he had. but it seems he had a lot of influence on one mod. i think chipper was referring to metro and over with his statement of being banned or chased away. mike was not chased away. he left because metro kept proving him wrong. so did over. and so did you niner89. you were a bunch of “broken records”. :)[/quote]

Thank you for the compliment, and you’re not a bad “broken record” yourself either, sir. ;D

No one was banned for anything of the sort.

No one was banned for anything of the sort.[/quote]

Whatever… Fibber

No one was banned for anything of the sort.[/quote]

Why were they banned?

Thank you for the compliment, and you’re not a bad “broken record” yourself either, sir. ;D[/quote]

What are these broken records?

I don’t know why someone was or wasn’t banned, but I have a hard time believing a ban took place as a pro-Observer strategy.

I don’t think anyone said or believes the bans took place because of Mike P’s request.

Anyone that’s read Niner Pride probably knows Over40 has mentioned escalating tensions between him and Niner Advocate that occurred because Over refused to give Niner Advocate some personal information about Bobby’s family. Over did not mention anything about the Observer. Metro said he was banned for calling Niner Advocate by his real name in the shoutbox.

Okay, that’s enough of this. I’m fed up with it. Maybe it’s because My mother has been in the emergency room all weekend and we’re fearing for her life, and maybe it’s just because I’m sick of junior high caliber bullshit, but I’m going to set the record straight once and for all.

Over40niner is not and has not ever been banned on this site. He quit and deleted his own account, and he didn’t tell anyone why. I asked him in an email that I will gladly repost with his permission, and he wouldn’t answer me. He is welcome on this site to discuss anything and everything he cares to discuss. I have absolutely zero beef with the guy. He knows who I am, what I look like, where I sit, etc. I’ve asked him several times to come discuss whatever his issue is with me personally, or even publicly here on the board and he refuses. I’d even give him my phone number. Also, I have never demanded info from him. A few years ago he said that there was something else bothering Bobby in front of me and other diehards at halftime of a game. We asked what it was and he said it was private. I didn’t talk to him again for another couple of seasons, and when I did, believe I asked him if whatever it was ever worked itself out. He said it was no big deal, and I said cool and forgot about it. Fast forward another year or more, and suddenly this is an issue (?)

He’s also made some other wild claims that don’t hold any water. He told MK that all of his posts were edited. MK and I both checked and we have no idea what he’s talking about. But again, in an effort to smooth things over, if I have somehow offended him, I am genuinely sorry, but I have never made any attempt to do wrong by the guy because I have absolutely no reason to.

I have no idea what his issue is, but I’m tired of it. Life is way too short for this kind of stuff. If he wants to be here, great, if not, that’s fine too.

Also, I fought too many battles for improved coverage for this program as a pissant level employee at the Observer to even begin to deserve the b.s. about fictitious banning of posters because they had beef with the Observer. If there’s one thing Over40 and I do agree on, it’s that the Observer doesn’t do enough to cover this program. I am probably the only person on NNN who can tolerate MikeP or Utter anymore, because I worked with them for years and frankly, I still like them, even if that’s tabboo, but I also strongly disagree with the level of coverage we’ve received over the years (it has sucked most of the time), and many people witnessed me booting Utter from the shoutbox a couple weeks ago because he was antagnoizing our posters. I don’t care how much I like the guy, I won’t put up with that.

And that’s the entire story. If folks want to continue to invent this crap, then I’m just going to ignore it. It’s ridiculous.

NA, my thoughts are with you and your family. I hope that your mother’s condition improves.

NA, I’m sorry to hear about your mom.

Now, here’s my question. You said Over’s account was deleted, then you said you invited him to discuss these issues on this site. How could you have invited him to discuss these issues on this site when his account was already deleted? Your 2 stories have some discrepancies and perhaps there was a recurring misunderstanding but if someone deleted his account, how is he supposed to discuss these matters or defend himself over here? Perhaps you should be the one to contact Over, perhaps on NinerPride since you say his account was deleted on this board.

Next question: Metro said you banned him because he called you by your first name in the shoutbox. Is this true? Or was it because of adjectives he used with your name?

[quote=“cltfortyniner, post:15, topic:24651”]NA, I’m sorry to hear about your mom.

Now, here’s my question. You said Over’s account was deleted, then you said you invited him to discuss these issues on this site. How could you have invited him to discuss these issues on this site when his account was already deleted? Your 2 stories have some discrepancies and perhaps there was a recurring misunderstanding but if someone deleted his account, how is he supposed to discuss these matters or defend himself over here? Perhaps you should be the one to contact Over, perhaps on NinerPride since you say his account was deleted on this board.

Next question: Metro said you banned him because he called you by your first name in the shoutbox. Is this true? Or was it because of adjectives he used with your name?[/quote]

Maybe your reading comprehension is just horrible… he said OVER deleted the account, not him. It’s not like it doesn’t take 15 seconds to make a new account.

You stoke a fire in a pretty familiar way.

After he deleted his account, he created a new one, didn’t he?

[quote=“CharSFNiners, post:16, topic:24651”][quote=“cltfortyniner, post:15, topic:24651”]NA, I’m sorry to hear about your mom.

Next question: Metro said you banned him because he called you by your first name in the shoutbox. Is this true? Or was it because of adjectives he used with your name?[/quote]

Maybe your reading comprehension is just horrible… he said OVER deleted the account, not him. It’s not like it doesn’t take 15 seconds to make a new account.

You stoke a fire in a pretty familiar way.[/quote]

Huh? Your statement makes no sense. If Over’s account was deleted (regardless of who deleted it), how did NA send Over a message inviting him to discuss this matter? I have no idea who deleted Over’s account but I do not understand how someone can invite him to discuss something when he no longer has an account. Or were you trying to evade the actual question?

I’m sure as a long time poster they have probably traded emails maybe even phone numbers. Niner Nation PM’s is not the only way to communicate.

He said he sent Over emails.