clt is not pleased at all

[QUOTE=Charlotte2002;398572]I understand running a gimmick when we are completely out manned and the other team as a Kevin Durant or Derrick Rose, it is another thing to run gimmick defenses and double the post on average teams like Richmond.

Ian is a bad example, because he shouldnā€™t even be playing on this level.

Taking the defensive approach that we do sometimes, you would think we are Pfieffer playing Memphis night in and night out.[/QUOTE]

Guys you both are right. Itā€™s hard for a slow guy to hang with an AA, but you donā€™t run into AAā€™s everynight.

When you are guarding a guy that has superior athletic ability, you have to take something away from him or try to force him to do things heā€™s not comfortable doing. For example, most guys are better at either slashing or shooting. So you get up on shooters and back off slashers. Some guys are more comfortable going left or right so you overplay the strong hand.

When you are guarding a guy that can go left, go right, shoot and finish around the rim, youā€™re probably f***ed and need help from the team defense. They are the Derrick Roses of the world.

What this long winded know-it-all sounding post boils down to is this: Basketball IQ will forgive a lot of sins, unfortunately that typically is not the Niners long suit. We simply do not do a decent job of the team D concept. And yes, it does help to have a 6ā€™11" eraser to clean up mistakes.

When you are guarding a guy that can go left, go right, shoot and finish around the rim, you're probably f***ed

:lmao:

thats like facing Josh Beckett

They asked him who they thought would win out of the final 4 teams, and b/c he picks UNC he is pandering???[B] Sometimes this board can be ridiculous.[/B]

No way!!! Bobby must be a UNC fan now because he picked them to win!!!

No way!!! Bobby must be a UNC fan now because he picked them to win!!!!

Iā€™m saying it was his chance to be a ********** and just pick someone else.

[QUOTE=casstommy;398563]You and I have totally different memories of this ā€œgoodā€ D being played. [/QUOTE]

Exactly, I donā€™t remember the last Niner team that was as a team ā€œgoodā€ at defense. We have had individual players that are strong defenders but not a team that is good at defense. Teams from the past look ā€œgoodā€ now because weā€™re so poor on defense but even when Eddie was here we werenā€™t a good defensive team. Defense isnā€™t Lutzā€™s strength, not rocket science people. This has been talked about for years and the need for an assistant hired that can teach defense.

If you think Bobby picking UNC hurts us then you have no understanding of why this team hasnā€™t been dancing the past 4 years.

[QUOTE=cltniners;398480]clt didnā€™t say he had to trash them, just not pick them. clt wonders if unc-r fans would be pissed if their coach picked unc-ch. are they a little brother?[/QUOTE]

Wow, you consider our relationship toward UNC equal to that of NC Stateā€™s relationship toward UNC? I donā€™t see UNC as a big brother but I would say weā€™re not a true rival of thereā€™s.

Sorry if you or anyone else find it ridiculous.

It wouldnā€™t bother me at allā€¦if 49ers hoops actually had a presence beyond the exterior walls of Halton Arena.

right now, he has too much work to do with his own team to waste time talking publicly about the Final 4

He was asked one question and gave just as much respect to Villanova.

Seriouslyā€¦ heā€™s a basketball coach he will be asked questions outside of Charlotte 49er Hoops. I guess heā€™s just supposed to act like a 4 y/o and say heā€™s not allowed to say or talk about the bad word up the road?

[QUOTE=CharSFNiners;398655]Seriouslyā€¦ heā€™s a basketball coach he will be asked questions outside of Charlotte 49er Hoops. I guess heā€™s just supposed to act like a 4 y/o and say heā€™s not allowed to say or talk about the bad word up the road?[/QUOTE]

Sadly for some, I think they want him to act like a jack @$$ and whine in the media.