clt is not pleased at all

[QUOTE=Charlotte2002;398497]It comes down to Bobby being in love with all these junk ideas because he feels we canā€™t compete. The 3 point philosophy, the junk defenses, they arenā€™t sustainable concepts.

Junk defenses are good when you spot a flaw in the opposition that you can spring on them, but that is for a few possessions. Eventually guys are going to beat it, they are D1 players.

I also donā€™t think it breads confidence in your teams defensive abilities if you make guys double all the time, sometimes you have to tell them to man up and shut down their opponent, help will be there where it is supposed to be.

The scrambling we do, the reaching in, the bad defensive stances, awful rebounding position, etc. that is all coaching and can be fixed, and if fixed would make us a much better defensive team than we have been.[/QUOTE]

Come on now, we all know itā€™s not Bobbyā€™s coaching thats been the problem, itā€™s the talent on the team, if we were just in conference X, we would be competiting for the NCAAā€™s every yearā€¦JK

[QUOTE=cltniners;398435]clt ALWAYS refers to them as unc-ch, especially when speaking to alumni or fans.[/QUOTE]

Sideshow daps CLT. Sideshow always refers to them as Crapple Hole

That is so dead wrong. That's why junk D and zone exists. If you are slower and smaller- you cannot play man!!!

meh, whatever. Your so certain that its obvious your right.

Iā€™ve seen plenty of teams without super athletic freaks get in other teams junk and defend the hell out of them.

Its hard to convince me that our lack of D is because of our lack having the ā€œright bodiesā€. Iā€™ve follwed this program for to long to know better.

clt ALWAYS refers to them as unc-ch, especially when speaking to alumni or fans.

ā€¦Me 2

Quoted again... that's crazy.

Oh, and also - drop the UNC thing already! If Bobby Lutz calls them UNC, he is doing what he should be doing. We HATE it when sources call us NC Charlotte or UNCC. UNC-Chapel Hill goes by UNC and North Carolina for athletics, so is it so horrible Bobby is using their media guide name, the SAME THING WE EXPECT IN FROM OTHERS?

There is nothing wrong with these picks btw, get over yourselves.

Difference = Using UNC ā€œsets one campus apart and aboveā€ 15 other campuses. Using ā€œCharlotteā€ has no effect on the other 15 system campuses.

[QUOTE=ninerID;398395]Our pandering to them is more sickening than anything. Judy Rose needs to realize this isnā€™t helping, and tell Lutz if he knows what is best for him this crap will stop.[/QUOTE]

OK, so more often than not I agree with you on similar issues.

But hop off your soap box on this oneā€¦ he said that he thinks that Chapel Hill has the best chance to win it all. You want him to lie when heā€™s asked that question? Letā€™s be serious.

[QUOTE=casstommy;398504]meh, whatever. Your so certain that its obvious your right.

Iā€™ve seen plenty of teams without super athletic freaks get in other teams junk and defend the hell out of them.

Its hard to convince me that our lack of D is because of our lack having the ā€œright bodiesā€. Iā€™ve follwed this program for to long to know better.[/QUOTE]

We had 3 guys who can defend playing man at a top 25 level; dew wilderness coley and maybe dijuan

Listen to any coach: their fear is physically matching up- its way more than hustle and effort

Ian is a great example- great effort good iq- terrible at man

Villanova runs the same offense as usā€¦but itā€™s executed. We were moving towards the 4-out 1-in motion but it reverted back to a bunch of set plays when guys didnā€™t know what to do or where to run.

The half-court sets actually worked really well. See Dijuanā€™s assist totals.

Would you rather your head coach pick a team that bailed out early or the one who wins the natā€™l championship?

[QUOTE=919R;398515]Difference = Using UNC ā€œsets one campus apart and aboveā€ 15 other campuses. Using ā€œCharlotteā€ has no effect on the other 15 system campuses.[/QUOTE]

clt says we have a winner!

[QUOTE=CharSFNiners;398446]They asked him who they thought would win out of the final 4 teams, and b/c he picks UNC he is pandering??? Sometimes this board can be ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

Sorry if you or anyone else find it ridiculous.

It wouldnā€™t bother me at allā€¦if 49ers hoops actually had a presence beyond the exterior walls of Halton Arena.

right now, he has too much work to do with his own team to waste time talking publicly about the Final 4

for the love of god, i'd love them to be called unc-ch as well, but with there opening 150 years before us I guess they had a jump start on acronyms.

Techinically, itā€™s an abbreviation. That Bobby should never, ever use.

We had 3 guys who can defend playing man at a top 25 level; dew wilderness coley and maybe dijuan

Listen to any coach: their fear is physically matching up- its way more than hustle and effort

I dunno, I think metroā€™s right on this one.

guys- play by the same rules:

our athletics are called ā€œCharlotteā€

UNC-CH athletics are called ā€œUNCā€

this thread is making a bunch of you look silly

Weā€™ve been bitching about D for a long long time. When having ā€œathletesā€ werent a problem (even though every season I hear Bobby talk about how athletic this next team is gonna be). This isnt some new problem for us.

And by no means am I saying that a guy like Ian should be a lock down man defender. That aint happening and I know that. But Ian is about the only guy in the rotation that I give a pass on. I look at guys like Mack and Coleman and see no reason why they shouldnt be competant man to man defenders.

We've been bitching about D for a long long time. When having "athletes" werent a problem (even though every season I hear Bobby talk about how athletic this next team is gonna be). This isnt some new problem for us.

And by no means am I saying that a guy like Ian should be a lock down man defender. That aint happening and I know that. But Ian is about the only guy in the rotation that I give a pass on. I look at guys like Mack and Coleman and see no reason why they shouldnt be competant man to man defenders.

when we have athletes, we play good D. Galen, Eddie, Butter, Gardner, even Iti was a force on D because he altered shots in the paint.

but we have not had the horses in 5 yrs to play a legit team straight up.

the notion man D can be played against top tier programs with avg athletes is laughable. Even Xavier would abuse us vs man.

when we have athletes, we play good D. Galen, Eddie, Butter, Gardner, even Iti was a force on D because he altered shots in the paint.

You and I have totally different memories of this ā€œgoodā€ D being played.

Weā€™ve had good/great defenders, but our team D hasnt been good in God knows how long. Its been bitched about even when Eddie was winning CDOY awards.

[QUOTE=metro;398541]guys- play by the same rules:

this thread is making a bunch of you look silly[/QUOTE]

If only they followed the rules. All the Chapel Hill fans I know still call us UNCC so I intentionally call them unc-ch.

I donā€™t really have a problem with what Lutz or Mullins said. FWIW, I heard Lutz calling them Chapel Hill when he was on FNZ last week.

Fans are fans. CH fans are idiots. Now if Roy Williams called us UNCC, that would be a different story.

I understand running a gimmick when we are completely out manned and the other team as a Kevin Durant or Derrick Rose, it is another thing to run gimmick defenses and double the post on average teams like Richmond.

Ian is a bad example, because he shouldnā€™t even be playing on this level.

Taking the defensive approach that we do sometimes, you would think we are Pfieffer playing Memphis night in and night out.

[QUOTE=metro;398541]guys- play by the same rules:

this thread is making a bunch of you look silly[/QUOTE]

clt says the problem is that we arenā€™t u of c.