clt posts about the penny bandit

clt says that the 80% goes to good ol roy.

Clt is trying to liven up the summer board by pointing out this a-holes misplaced “protest”. Protesting by punishing those not responsible (I.E. whatever underling had to count the pennies) is a dickhead move.

This is just another way to cut funding for education. His point is 100% correct. Sucks someone had to count out the money…but it sucks worse that our taxes can’t cover education. I have no problem with what he did. He told them ahead of time and he explained why he did it.

Sportsman, the workers are innocent of what he’s protesting. They should have made him fill up the rolls at 50 cents a roll each, instead of having the employees do it.

I feel bad for the the person that had to count the pennies but Pats needs people to stand up to them. They charge far more than most schools for a parking passes and give tickets for almost anything. I have received tickets on several occasions for doing things that are not illegal and Pats does not respond with any consideration to protest on their website.

Want to really protest? Stop driving and parking on campus.

What happened is the dude got caught using somebody else’s parking pass (they were out of the country), he got mad because he’s one of the entitled generation, decided to pay in pennies. Word got out about it, so he turned himself into a white knight saying it’s in protest of how the funds are used. If we did what he suggested, putting the money back into the university, then people would say parking enforcement is overly enthusiastic in order to grab the cash to use on their own projects.

PATS charges what they charge because we’re building parking decks at a rate of like one every other year, at a minimum pop of $10M each… that money has to come from somewhere.

[quote=“emf, post:7, topic:29690”]What happened is the dude got caught using somebody else’s parking pass (they were out of the country), he got mad because he’s one of the entitled generation, decided to pay in pennies. Word got out about it, so he turned himself into a white knight saying it’s in protest of how the funds are used. If we did what he suggested, putting the money back into the university, then people would say parking enforcement is overly enthusiastic in order to grab the cash to use on their own projects.

PATS charges what they charge because we’re building parking decks at a rate of like one every other year, at a minimum pop of $10M each… that money has to come from somewhere.[/quote]

Interesting. And as I said if he was really so righteous he would stop parking on campus and have to personally deal with the inconveniences of his protest, not the PATS workers who had nothing to do with it.

This person would be a good addition to this board. It needs livening up a little.

[quote=“emf, post:7, topic:29690”]What happened is the dude got caught using somebody else’s parking pass (they were out of the country), he got mad because he’s one of the entitled generation, decided to pay in pennies. Word got out about it, so he turned himself into a white knight saying it’s in protest of how the funds are used. If we did what he suggested, putting the money back into the university, then people would say parking enforcement is overly enthusiastic in order to grab the cash to use on their own projects.

PATS charges what they charge because we’re building parking decks at a rate of like one every other year, at a minimum pop of $10M each… that money has to come from somewhere.[/quote]

Didn’t he communicate with them in advance of paying? I find it hard to believe he came up with the story after the fact.

He made an appointment, apologized to them and explained what he was doing, and they get paid by counting out pennies or counting twenties. Not saying they deserve it…but if he wanted to “protest” he couldn’t have done it any more “nicely”.

[quote=“sportsman1417, post:10, topic:29690”][quote=“emf, post:7, topic:29690”]What happened is the dude got caught using somebody else’s parking pass (they were out of the country), he got mad because he’s one of the entitled generation, decided to pay in pennies. Word got out about it, so he turned himself into a white knight saying it’s in protest of how the funds are used. If we did what he suggested, putting the money back into the university, then people would say parking enforcement is overly enthusiastic in order to grab the cash to use on their own projects.

Didn’t he communicate with them in advance of paying? I find it hard to believe he came up with the story after the fact.[/quote]
I watched the whole thing unfold on twitter 7-10 days ago. The “protest” didn’t come until WCNC got involved. Here’s a pic of his convo with Parking Services:

I get what he is trying to do but the passive aggressive manner in which he does it is asinine. His time would be better serve avoiding the citations.

I personally would like to shake the man’s hand. Anyone who stands up to the Nazis that call themselves Parking Services is a winner in my book.

clt was ticketed by Campus parking services…while in Florida.

[quote=“cltniners, post:15, topic:29690”]clt was ticketed by Campus parking services…while in Florida.[/quote] That is what happens when you loan your permit to the Penny Dude.

So… the guy went through the trouble of sending emails back and forth, going to a bank, requesting a heavy box of pennies, carrying the heavy pennies home, breaking 220 penny rolls into those containers, loading the heavy containers into a car and driving to the parking office and carrying those heavy pennies inside, waiting there for the baskets, and the leave after not accomplishing any thing at all besides paying the fine.

Idiot with too much time on his hands.

[quote=“cibik02, post:17, topic:29690”]So… the guy went through the trouble of sending emails back and forth, going to a bank, requesting a heavy box of pennies, carrying the heavy pennies home, breaking 220 penny rolls into those containers, loading the heavy containers into a car and driving to the parking office and carrying those heavy pennies inside, waiting there for the baskets, and the leave after not accomplishing any thing at all besides paying the fine.

Idiot with too much time on his hands.[/quote]

I am surprised this made national news. I think this style of protest would have been more appropriate had he been protesting the nazi-esque state of parking control the Parking Services maintains on campus and/or the ridiculous price for a parking pass. I even find it difficult to fault to uses of the fines because our public schools in Charlotte could definitely use the cash as well. I think he could have used a different method to protest those usages and call for changes. I will admit it was a successful technique in drawing in attention.

Seems a little odd that someone would go to this much trouble when they are in the wrong. He broke the rules correct?

Would be different if he had done nothing wrong and was protesting a bogus citation.

Some of you who keep evoking “Nazis” in comparison to this dipshit occurrence (and others as dipshit or less) need to read up on what [size=2]Nazis [/size][size=3]REALLY [/size]did before com[size=2]pa[/size]ring anyone, especially PATS to them. Really? ???