clt provides more UNC CHeat scandal.

If it is at noon, the O will claim it is after the deadline to make the next day’s print edition.

clt says it is happening!

Vegas odds on the punishment:

2 to 1 - Little meaningful sanctions- UNC faithful can claim it was a withc hunt and the Carolina Way wins again
7 to 1- Post season Ban, loss of scholarships
10 to 1- Banner(s) come down, wins vacates + probation and loss of ships

100% chance there is a law suit if any sanctions are involved.

They should get nailed… but my faith in the system doesn’t afford me the confidence that appropriate punishment will be handed down.

clt says time to CHeat!!1

Lock it down

Phil Jones and others should have never missed a game here if this is the standard. Academics mean nothing, fake it to make it.

Jones, Lester, several football players. Should have never been a single ineligible player ever.

From this point forward any school that has someone declared academically ineligible should have their program disbanded for blatant stupidity.

UNCCh has shown you the playbook, follow it.

My letter to AD Yow and Bobby Purcell this morning:

"In light of the NCAA’s decision this morning concerning the UNC athletics program scandal, it is with regret that we have decided to suspend our general donations to the Wolfpack Club. Although we only contribute $2,500 annually through monthly recurring donation, I simply cannot support big-time college athletics any longer.

I am interested as to whether there will be any response from the ACC member schools, as it should be in their purview to administer some reasonable rebuke and/or punishment where the NCAA has elected not to do so.

Also, if it is permissible for me to do so, I would like to redirect my existing giving level of $2,500 specifically to the men’s and women’s cross country and track programs.

I suspect this will be a challenging and busy next few days for the Wolfpack Club staff, but I would appreciate a response to let me know how to do so.

Regards"

Well, we all know what’s going on in the country at large. “Going to Hell in a band basket” I believe is the expression. Even so, I lay 2-1 odds that the Observer headline will be Chapel Hill skating.

Why should a school like us even try? Honestly. If the big boys can cheat, what is the point. We can’t compare to their endowment, and now they don’t have to go to class? meanwhile the NCAA smashes Wichita, UCF, and Richmond for stupid stuff. There’s no point.

I think some of these schools need to sue the NCAA for unfair punishment.

So we should fake every class from now on? :o

How can the NCAA not conclude there was academic fraud, when UNC-CH admitted it to the athletic verification group?

I think some of these schools need to sue the NCAA for unfair punishment.[/quote] Chapel Hill is the only school willing to pay enough for legal representation to find a loophole allowing them to justify their sleazy behavior. Other institutions (us included) still have some sense of decency. The Carolina Way.

clt applauds the observer: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/opinion/editorials/article178678881.html

What a joke. NCAA is officially useless, pushing papers around on their desk while ignoring the biggest scandal in their history. I still can’t believe they didn’t even question the eligibility of the athletes involved in winning championships with fake classes, but I shouldn’t be surprised when the NCAA has tried to spike this investigation from the beginning despite how obvious the cheating was. Every other institution that has been punished should sue the NCAA for restitution of damages.

The “Carolina Way” is synonymous with cheating, so that’s nice. But it still sours me even further on college sports to the point I’m not sure I want to watch it anymore. Why bother when programs like this can cheat with impunity, act like they’re better than everyone else, and not get punished when caught. It certainly makes the NCAA tournament just a little less interesting when cheaters are allowed to win and punishment is reserved for the little guys (who already have significant disadvantages of many kinds).

I also think the players should immediately sue the NCAA again for full compensation (i.e. a much bigger cut of the profits). As that observer editorial points out, these athletes are not students. They might occasionally go to classes, some of them might be very good students, but you obviously don’t need to be a real student to be an NCAA-sanctioned athlete in a revenue-generating sport. So why are they really there? To make money for their university, so they should be treated like employees and able to negotiate their compensation.

Kinda sad that my last post on this board will be in a thread about Chapel Hill. But I’m not gonna start a new thread to say goodbye.

The playing field is uneven. The NCAA is sham. Our AD is incompetent, and even if we were willing to go the extra mile to cheat like we cared, it’s not like we’d be good at that either.

So with that, it was a good run, Niner Nation. Been 10 years of my life dedicated to this bullshit, and it’s just not worth it anymore.

Cheers and take care, one and all!