clt provides more UNC CHeat scandal.

[quote=“ghostofclt, post:2040, topic:28477”]clt says this is a game changer: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/opinion/editorials/article182309151.html

the ncaa is feckless and should be disbanded.[/quote] …or,at least, fecked.

“He has done some extraordinary things for which he is quite well-known nationally,” Folt said, citing academic performance goals in all coaches’ contracts and three years of a 3.0 grade point average among UNC athletes.

LMFAO!! How can anyone take these statements seriously.

“He has done some extraordinary things for which he is quite well-known nationally,” Folt said, citing academic performance goals in all coaches’ contracts and three years of a 3.0 grade point average among UNC athletes.

LMFAO!! How can anyone take these statements seriously.[/quote] That is seriously funny. Pretty soon the Cheats will be back talking about the Carolina Way as if nothing happened. The NCAA deciding to act concerned but not to the point of actually doing anything about their lying about-face on the legitimacy of the fake classes continues to amaze me. I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re still pumping athletes grades through some other academic debasement.

LMFAO!! How can anyone take these statements seriously.[/quote] That is seriously funny. Pretty soon the Cheats will be back talking about the Carolina Way as if nothing happened. The NCAA deciding to act concerned but not to the point of actually doing anything about their lying about-face on the legitimacy of the fake classes continues to amaze me. I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re still pumping athletes grades through some other academic debasement.[/quote] I’d be surprised if they weren’t pumping grades. They have NCAA approval, after all.

LMFAO!! How can anyone take these statements seriously.[/quote] That is seriously funny. Pretty soon the Cheats will be back talking about the Carolina Way as if nothing happened. The NCAA deciding to act concerned but not to the point of actually doing anything about their lying about-face on the legitimacy of the fake classes continues to amaze me. I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re still pumping athletes grades through some other academic debasement.[/quote] I’d be surprised if they weren’t pumping grades. They have NCAA approval, after all.[/quote]

They sure do. They have permission to cheat and we have an AD too lazy to cheat.

LMFAO!! How can anyone take these statements seriously.[/quote] That is seriously funny. Pretty soon the Cheats will be back talking about the Carolina Way as if nothing happened. The NCAA deciding to act concerned but not to the point of actually doing anything about their lying about-face on the legitimacy of the fake classes continues to amaze me. I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re still pumping athletes grades through some other academic debasement.[/quote] I’d be surprised if they weren’t pumping grades. They have NCAA approval, after all.[/quote]

They sure do. They have permission to cheat and we have an AD too lazy to cheat.[/quote] Your assumption that WE have NCAA permission to cheat is incorrect. I refer you to Tark’s famous quote.

clt says the “Carolina way” is done. They are a national joke. At least we have that.

http://amp.newsobserver.com/news/local/education/unc-scandal/article183717756.html

Fetzer: ’Clear violation’

Tom Fetzer, a member of the UNC system’s Board of Governors and a former Raleigh mayor, said he didn’t believe UNC’s position on the classes to the NCAA. He said the university’s characterization of the classes to the NCAA appears to be a “clear violation” of the university’s agreement with the accreditor, commonly referred to as SACS.

“I am nonplussed that SACS has not queried UNC about complying with their earlier agreements, especially in light of the NCAA opinion,” said Fetzer, a lobbyist appointed to the board this year.

[quote=“NinerAdvocate, post:2049, topic:28477”]http://amp.newsobserver.com/news/local/education/unc-scandal/article183717756.html

Tom Fetzer, a member of the UNC system’s Board of Governors and a former Raleigh mayor, said he didn’t believe UNC’s position on the classes to the NCAA. He said the university’s characterization of the classes to the NCAA appears to be a “clear violation” of the university’s agreement with the accreditor, commonly referred to as SACS.

“I am nonplussed that SACS has not queried UNC about complying with their earlier agreements, especially in light of the NCAA opinion,” said Fetzer, a lobbyist appointed to the board this year.

[/quote]

clt says they may have won the battle, but lost the war.

banners are not more important than sacs accreditation.

[quote=“ghostofclt, post:2050, topic:28477”][quote=“NinerAdvocate, post:2049, topic:28477”]http://amp.newsobserver.com/news/local/education/unc-scandal/article183717756.html

[/quote]

banners are not more important than sacs accreditation.[/quote] It would appear that Cheat is two faced. What a surprise.

[quote=“ghostofclt, post:2050, topic:28477”][quote=“NinerAdvocate, post:2049, topic:28477”]http://amp.newsobserver.com/news/local/education/unc-scandal/article183717756.html

[/quote]

banners are not more important than sacs accreditation.[/quote]SACS already “penalized them”, they are getting off with not even a slap on the wrist.

Yep, no way UNC-Chapel Hill loses any accreditation in anything. The rules have been rewritten and blessed by the NCAA. All those that fail to play by the new rules will be at a severe disadvantage going forward.

All schools take SACs seriously but i seriously doubt SACS would have the guts to actually pull the accreditation of a major flagship like UNC for something related to athletics. When has SACs ever pulled the accreditation of any major flagship school. They wouldn’t have the guts to do it.

That’s the thing though - according to Chapel Hill it wasn’t about athletics. I mean I get what you are saying about guts, but if they feel chapel hill made a mockery of them or if they fear other schools doing this I could see them doing more than they have up to this point.

SACS could revisit their slap on the wrist by saying the NCAA explanation is the opposite of what UNC-CH told SACS, so SACS could get them for lying about academics & suspend them? But they probably don’t have the cajones.

Core Values: The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges has six core values. They are:
Integrity
Continuous Quality Improvement Peer Review/Self-regulation
Accountability Student Learning

I think they failed all six, CLT.

From Kyle Boone of CBS Sports:

[Quote]Loser: NCAA

You’ll never believe this, but the NCAA did a dumb thing on Friday. Again.

This time, Houston senior Rob Gray is the subject of the silliness. According to Mark Berman of Fox 26 (and later confirmed by Houston), Gray, the leading returning scorer in the AAC and the No. 51 player in the CBS Sports Top 100 (and one) player rankings, was ruled ineligible for Houston’s season-opener against McNeese State for … participating in a church rec league game earlier this summer.

Seriously, a church league rec game! Look, I get that NCAA rules restrict that sort of participation from student-athletes. But considering the state of the NCAA and its recent rulings – including ruling Braxton Beverly ineligible and landing on the wrong side of the cases of Evan Battey and Jalen Hayes – this doesn’t seem like the type of hill the NCAA should be dying on. Oh, and I didn’t even mention that the NCAA completely let North Carolina off the hook for one of the biggest academic fraud cases in history just a month ago.

I’m just glad dangerous church league rec players are punished so they can’t be a threat to society![/quote]
CBSSports.com: Opening day winners and losers: Young UK struggles, Duke doubles up on good news

The @NCAA COI’s decision regarding #UNCscandal is back in the news. This time, @NotreDame’s arguing disparate treatment. @dennisdoddcbs column: http://cbsprt.co/2EmN0Bw @NotreDame letter: http://ntrda.me/2GcbJoJ

Jenkins criticizes that "rational explanations are lacking" in vacating Notre Dame's wins in 2012 and 2013. He called the NCAA's conclusion "a dangerous precedent [that] turns the seminal concept of academic autonomy on its head."

Where have we heard something like that lately? Yup, in the letter where Jenkins basically points out the inequality of North Carolina skating on the mother of all academic fraud cases in October.