clt provides more UNC CHeat scandal.

I would love to have her spill the beans on Ole Roy and his program

Hatchell is 67, has survived cancer, and the school she has devoted her life to is screwing her–again. Her contract runs through the end of next season, and I will not be surprised if she retires now, gets the payout, and refuses to talk to anyone. This isn’t Bubba’s first rodeo, and he knows that not cooperating with the NCAA is the key to success.

Isn’t the court in Carmichael named for her?

UNC-CH scenario similar to the one at Georgia Tech and entire staff terminated in Atlanta following an outside investigation. Won’t be surprised if same happens in Chapel Hill.

FWIW, I witnessed them playing in the NCAA when they were playing as part of double header with our last team to appear in that tournament. They had a player concussed from hitting the floor, and that player was returned quite speedily to the game. True to the “Carolina way”, their website blamed the concussion on an opposition player hitting their kid upside the head. That ain’t what happened. I’d venture that most coaches don’t want their players playing hurt, if for no other reason that said player at less than 100% is less than 100% effective.

“I am Sylvia Hatchell and I am a Tar Heel”. Yep, bitch. You sure are.

sounds like a systemic problem. (duh) it just makes you wonder what the hell is going on over there! i became a tar heel fan when charlie (choo-choo) justice played… your grandparents MIGHT remember him… and they have been on my radar ever since. but something is seriously wrong. they don’t just need to investigate hanchell (sp?), they need to start at the top and very carefully work all the way down. every sport. every administrator. every coach. and the investigation has to originate outside the AD. however much we hate them, this is a genuinely and historically revered athletic program. i really hate to see it dissolve. and it does seem to be dissolving. people on the BoG and BoT should be beyond alarmed.

But they are not alarmed…except that they got caught and they have to deal with it. The BoG & BoT want the cash cow to continue printing money regardless of what happens behind the scenes. The only thing that concerns them when stuff gets out like this is what to do and how much money is it gonna take to sweep it under the rug so the cash cow can get back to business…

2 Likes

The Tarholes have been dealing with athletic scandals etc at least as far back as 1961 during the Frank McGuire era. Just sort of business as usual in Chapel Hill. And to officially announce Hatchell’s “resignation” just before midnight comes as no surprise!

clt asks if there is a school with more scandal?

I thought these forums were to discuss Charlotte athletics not UNC…

The collegiate sports section is for collegiate sports.

1 Like

Just seems like everyone on he obsesses over UNC

Nah. Some of us discuss electric cars and Game of Thrones.

1 Like

clt says golf is also frequently discussed.

1 Like