clt provides more UNC CHeat scandal.

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/opinion/opn-columns-blogs/peter-st-onge/article243732447.html

Sadly, we have recently discovered that 49ers have an unsavory history as well. I am seriously sick about it. I had no idea until I researched it after hearing rumblings out of Long Beach State. I thought they were just gold prospectors and miners, but apparently they felt the need to ā€œclear the landā€ of indigenous people for their enterprises. Sadly sick and feel our day of reckoning in coming too.

Is that why Long Beach State dropped ā€œ49ersā€?

I believe so.

clt says we are named after a state highway

1 Like

And the year we were founded. Those miners in our area were in the early 1800s, and have nothing to do with us. We were founded by the greatest generation, and I am sticking to that story.

Long Beach State was founded in 1949 and thus the 49er nickname. Didnā€™t stop them from dropping the name.
Iā€™d always assumed with them being in California, their nickname had something to do with the gold rush, but such was not the case. Now they refer to themselves as ā€œthe beachā€ which has the distinction of being both bland and stupid. Always like ā€œDirtbagsā€ for baseball, though.
They are still known informally as the 49ers and also U Cal at Long beach and furthermore Long Beach State.
Donā€™t know if they have a blog with a ā€œname confusionā€ page, but they should.
In reference to Gold Rushers clearing out the native Americans, has everyone looked closely at the current incarnation of Norm? Natives would have kicked his ass.

Maybe this belongs here?

1 Like

Mac Brownā€™s using these drug profits to pay players? Would you be that shocked if tarhole athletics were involved?

clt is shocked that UNC Cheat is involved in more illegal activity.,

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/education/article242437976.html

This NC Supreme Court decision was upheld this week by the U.S. Supreme Court

The NCAA has levied discipline against Notre Dameā€™s football program for multiple recruiting violations.

Per an official announcement from the NCAA, Notre Dameā€™s punishment includes one year of probation, a fine of $5,000 and a six-month show-cause order for a former assistant coach who had impermissible contact with a high school recruit.

The program was also docked one official visit and had its period of unofficial visits reduced by 14 days during the 2020-21 academic year.

The violation by the assistant coach occurred in January 2019 when he ā€œmet in person with the football prospective student-athlete privately and discussed the institutionā€™s interest in him enrolling as a football student-athlete, the value of an education at the institution and defensive schemes used by the institutionā€ at the student-athleteā€™s Seattle-area high school outside of the recruiting calendar.

. The retirement of North Carolina basketball coach Roy Williams last week inspired a salute from his longtime Duke rival, Mike Krzyzewski ā€” who celebrated Williams as a man who not only cared about the game, ā€œbut more importantly, the people who played it.ā€

So then why did Williams plead total ignorance when it came to light that his UNC career and successes were in part predicated on systemic academic fraudin maintaining player eligibility through high marks in no-show, no-work classes?

How is it possible he cared most ā€œabout the peopleā€ who played for him when he didnā€™t know or perhaps even care if his recruits would leave UNC with a functional education, starting with the ability to read and write?

How did his star guard Rashad McCants make the academic Deanā€™s List ā€” four Aā€™s in his four classes ā€” when, by his own admission, he didnā€™t attend a single class? Or was that for perfect attendance at practice?

As the collegeā€™s highest paid employee, didnā€™t that matter to Williams or UNC?

Save it, Coach K. Youā€™re full of it, and I suspect you know it.

3 Likes

Who knows what Coach K really thinks about Roy? He certainly is not going to come out in public at this time with a negative opinion. That might be honest, but it would also be stupid.

I suspect there are a number of people whose actual and public opinions are different. I do remember that a coaches poll of ā€œmost over rated coachā€ was won by no other than Roy.

I am suspect that Royā€™s retirement will be followed by some kind of scandal in the upcoming year. Seemed out of the blue and kinda random. My guess is this was to protect his image.

1 Like

Coach K has his own skeletons to worry about when it comes to player eligibility. Maybe not the same systemic level of cheating that Williams participated in and knew about for so many years, but still not clean.

2 Likes

All the more reason for him not to criticize Deputy Dawg Williams.

We know UNC has been cheating, it wouldnā€™t surprise me if Duke has cheated as well. If they have its when they started bringing in the one and done kids. I know some shady stuff is always going down with that.

clt is SHOCKED!!

1 Like