clt provides more UNC CHeat scandal.

CC: Phil “flagship” Dubois. :frowning_face:

Can’t change our name fast enough.

Me, too. I can not believe that anyone would try to take advantage of a federal program this way, let alone that it was “Carolina Way” University. ECU gets no pass, either.

1 Like

Alison Brie What GIF

Our work emails are property of our company and not individuals.

An accreditation agency for journalism programs downgraded UNC-Chapel Hill’s Hussman School of Journalism and Media to provisional status over concerns about diversity and inclusion issues.

Well, looks like CHEAT is taking a note from the success of our School of Data Science and creating their own. I immediately saw this and thought, well there goes any success we have with Data Science…not because we aren’t doing great work, but we all know the mediocrity of CHEAT’s program will be promoted like it’s the greatest institution in the world.

When I went to school, Charlotte was in the top 5 in the nation for Geography. Nowadays it’s Chapel Hill. No idea how/when that changed, but I don’t think our program is as widely recognized as it used to be. They have to ruin everything nice one of its sibling schools has.

1 Like

Bet Charlotte still ranks in Applied Geography (Retail Location Analysis, etc). Big pipeline to Lowe’s and Family Dollar. I know of two UNC GGY undergrads who continued on at UNCC for post grad. A while ago, however. UNC sucks.

3 Likes

GGY was great back in the day (and still may be now!). Little known fact…an unusual number of basketball players back then graduated with degrees in geography! Not at all because it was a pushover, but because the faculty was so encouraging to the bb program. I don’t mean easy passes: just supportive. The way it SHOULD be. Doug Orr. Jim Clay. Al Stewart. Et al. If I’m not mistaken, Cerdic graduated in Geography.

1 Like

Cedric was known to be the highest paid graduate from program. Placed folks all across the retail world. I went to Lowe’s, ended up in banking. 30+ yr career. Loved it. Dennis Lord was the godfather of location analysis program.

1 Like

Should have mentioned Dennis Lord!

1 Like

Clt Geography was early into GIS.

1 Like

in full swing while I was there. We’d just landed a hot-shot professor from Cal my last year. Couldn’t really understand him that well though.

1 Like

Paul Smith started GIS there. He loved Wise BBQ potato chips.

1 Like

Cat Geography was early into GIS.

1 Like