Clt’s week 2 chat page. Black out game for Charlotte!

There is no IPF yet. They do practice on grass and turf.

Is that in the plans and if so would it go where the grass field is located? There are certainly advantages on having both types of field to practice on for away games. If only for psychological reasons of getting into the players head the team is doing all it can to prepare.
Is there room in that part of campus to add another field with cover and keep all the existing areas?

Though I am sure football drives much of the facility decisions is either field now used in some capacity by other teams/groups on campus?

We are in the RFP stage for a Athletics Facilities Master Plan, it will include new facility additions and upgrades/updates to existing structures. An IPF will certainly be a big part of it.

App have an IPF?

In a cave, maybe?

Yep, it’s coming up on a decade of use. Early planning for expansion/renovations has begun now that we are moving the softball field that currently sits next to it.
Sofield_042018

1 Like

Very nice.

Got any pics from the outside? Looks good from this view.

What was the budget on it?

It is a pre-fab looking building on the outside. It sits above KBS just beyond the softball outfield fence. It can be seen from the east side, which is where the

It gets used by all the teams that need it but the priority is football.

As someone already mentioned it will be expanded when the softball field moves to the new area App recently purchased, which was the old Watauga High School. I imagine that exapnsion is a few years away unless someone steps in with a few million as a gift just for IPF expansion.

1 Like

Oh look, another person’s opinion.
https://blog.podium.com/top-25-college-football-stadiums-google-reviews/

1 Like

Nice. When I dropped by campus during summer session I drove by the stadium. I thought it was very nice as well.

Based on the methodology it could have been 31 49er fans doing all or the vast majority of voting but either way it is good press for you. And noting wrong with working the system as well.

And I realize it could also just as well be an even distribution of reviews from visitors and homers.

Thanks for posting. I was asking for stuff like this from your fans so I am glad you delivered.

EDIT: Heads up. The rating is now 4.6 which would put it out of the top 25 assuming the other stadiums did not move their averages. Someone has some work to do.

EDIT2: Kidd Brewer is sitting at 4.8 now. Was this last year when the article was posted? It mentions August 21, which of course has not happened yet for this year. Did I miss a date of the article somewhere.

https://stadiumjourney.com/stadiums/jerry-richardson-stadium-s1735

This is a little dated but it’s Stadium Journey’s trip here in 2016.

via Imgflip Meme Generator

Another nice review of your stadium.

I have no idea if the author takes suggestions but someone might want to ask to have him edit out this statement near the end of the review.

“Though many fans in the vicinity have allegiances to North Carolina, NC State, Duke or Wake Forest,”

That may be an accurate review of sight lines in a stadium…You have a nice small one that looks alot like Elon’s but to put it in the same class as the others is comical.

Neither school is in Tailgate Magazine’s Top 25 and neither school deserves to be.

Sorry. Does NOT look like elon’s. Rhodes Stadium - Wikipedia

https://www.google.com/search?q=jerry+richardson+stadium&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjsucCugu3cAhWCzlMKHUB9Ac8Q7Al6BAgAEA0&biw=1920&bih=966#imgrc=eJyuyiaNayea_M: