Clt’s week 2 chat page. Black out game for Charlotte!

I have some bad news for you, friend:

Yet another sign you’re in for a rude awakening (on many levels) on September 8th.

1 Like

Based on the demand for tickets to this year’s game, I understand App is putting in temporary seating for next year’s game.

Just ignore this post. I found what I was asking about.

It’s 2018 pal, check out the latest issue.

clt has 4 hill seats for the appys. will sell at tickets value plus $5

We’ve been climbing the list for the past 3 years, but you expect us to have fallen completely off this year? That’s good logic for a Forty Giner.

I thought we didn’t even “deserve” to make the list at all??

To be honest, my daughter, that has no interest in any of this, and without any prompting by anyone mentioned to me when we were on campus in early summer, “It looks like Elon’s stadium.”

One can see Elon’s stadium easily enough from a round near their campus and were were just outside the gaates and drove around a bit to where a platfrom overlooks the grass practice.

Expect? You’re not on there and don’t deserve to be. It’s a nice gameday atmosphere for Boone but it’s not even close to the level of the schools on the list.

https://cloud.3dissue.com/96043/96462/113567/Tailgater0718/index.html?page=49

If so, anyone can see the difference. That being we have a seats in a horseshoe shape and elon’s is wide open on one end and no seats in either end zone. Just fucking stop trying to belittle our stadium by comparing it to elon’s. Seating is just over 15,000 but it’s a damn nice stadium.

Wouldn’t worry too much about it, they still have a track around theirs.

1 Like

Yeah, we can’t hang with North Dakota State even though they ranked us higher than them last year. It’s subjective bud, but to say that we don’t deserve to make a list that we’ve been on for 3 of the past 4 years is comical.

Congrats?

You missed the irony. I only posted the link because an App fan posted an original link saying your stadium is top 15 (or whatever it was). I don’t think our stadium is top 3 any more or less than I think your stadium is top 15.

I have on more than one occassion stated I think the stadium is nice from what I have seen of it behind a locked fence and sitting in an automobile. Both Elon and JRS have a lot of brick and both have a field house made of brick in one endzone. From the side with the seats in the endzone which was our vantage point the seats are not as obvious to see. I think Elon has a nice stadium that meets their needs. I think you do as well. Just because they look similar to some does not mean the person making that observation is belittling either stadium.

McAppFan says he appreiates clt finally posting a meme Ihecan enjoy. Hypnotoad in his second favorite character after the citizens from the Neutral Planet.

He suggests you really try to confuse everyone and have a beige alert and not cheer for either side on 8 Sept.

I think kbs looks a lot like my old high school stadium. Both have bleachers on 2 sides and no seats on the ends. Oh yeah, and they both have a track.

1 Like

That’s all you got?:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

Fair assessment. It doesn’t seem to be keeping good recruits from coming to Boone, which is the important issue.

I think many, maybe a majority, would have a different look to KBS in one way or another, even if we don’t agree on what that may look like.

Most of the things I would want to change seem to go away when the trees are full of fall color, the stands are full, App is defending their turf, as we do better than most, and you look out onto the field and off into the surrounding mountains. Hard not to love that view unless you just hate the beauty of the mountains.

There is something nice about the clean look of JRS and I like that, but the way KBS has expanded gives it a certain charm as well in a different way.