Clt’s week 2 chat page. Black out game for Charlotte!

I think one of the really interesting storylines for this game will be the recruits each program invites to the game–Charlotte because it is at home, and App because the recruit is at home in Charlotte. It is possible that some of these kids are being recruited by both schools. I am sure that App’s recruits will also visit Boone. They are going to see two schools that occupy the same general location and are both in G5 conferences, but otherwise are extremely different.

Big city vs small town, piedmont vs mountains, and newer campus vs not so new campus. One team offers the chance to join their football history, the other the chance to make history. App has a good coach that may leave because he is successful, Charlotte has a coach on the hot seat that may leave because he is not successful. Charlotte can offer immediate playing time to some players, App is less likely to.

Regardless of which team they are there to see, I predict a positive experience, and I suspect some recruits will unexpectedly add the other school to their radar.

Totally agree.

I assume if App brings some recruits we pay for the ticket, or is that something that could allow for a sideline pass. My gut is saying they have to be in the stands.

The recruit angle is one reson our coach is so big on this game.

clt gives advice for our appy friends. Don’t even bother with norms tavern. No natty light or moonshine available, just craft beer.

Lots of App grads really want to see their schools beat their boss’ football team, I get that. Or they want bragging rights over the college students at the UCity Boost Mobile, I get that too. The alumni bases are interacting alright, the hospitality and service industries in this city would be crippled without Appalachian grads. We thank you for everything you do App grads! Every dish washed, every hamburger served, every hotel check in completed, and every UPS package delivered to our door! Maybe we should do a special App appreciation segment during the game for all the hard working Appies who makes the lives of Niners easier every day!

Cooking meth in Foscoe is not my idea of college life on the weekend.

1 Like

Gotta have something to counteract the seasonal depression disorder in the Winter.

Fixed that for you.

clt asks what is a meme?

mimi

1 Like

Boone laughed out loud. Well done.

After I finish my day working at the Hotel I’ll come over to Autobell so you can wash my car. I’ll even tip you again. :fu:

Betting all the App posters get banned after the game…but now that I think about it why do we want to watch you melt down? We will just sit back and smile…you make jokes…we win games.

Seeing how most think it will be an app blow out, melt downs won’t be likely. It will be more…thank God Lambert is on his way out.

App’s SOS is rather low this year. In the end, we win our games and we go bowling and the bowl we get is not going to change. We beat Penn St and everyone else AND the MWC and AAC champs are 3 L teams (maybe 2 L teams) and we would get the NY6 bowl invite. Otherwise we get one of the Sun Belt bowls. So in that context how our opponents do the rest of the year does not matter.

From the stand point of making App look the best that App can we need all our OOC opponents to win out except for us and have the USM-Charlotte game end in a tie due to darkness.

I love the idea that we’ll meltdown over a loss to App. Only meltdown from this fanbase regarding football will be if Lambert is retained after another losing season.

Or if Judy gets nominated to the BOT.

1 Like

We’re not soft like other chat pages and ban folks w/o good reason.

1 Like

clt checked in at his appy chat board page account, and the appys seem to be ignoring their big rival ga st, or southern.

I’ll see if we can get this game designated as our official Service Industry Appreciation Game! We are already drawing a good portion of those workers on the visitor side, might as well allow them to stand and be recognized.

boone has been conflicted on this matter. On the one hand, boone loves eagle tears… but on the other hand, boone misses the eagles talking smack.