Clt’s week 2 chat page. Black out game for Charlotte!

https://www.payscale.com/college-salary-report/best-schools-by-state/bachelors/north-carolina

If you are going to continue this BS about “being harder to get into”, you might want to at least check the latest acceptance rates for both schools as seen below:

When applying to Appalachian State University, it’s important to note the application deadline is March 15. The application fee at Appalachian State University is $55. Scores for either the ACT or SAT test are due N/A. It is more selective, th **an acceptance rate of 68 percent .
>
The application fee at University of North Carolina–Charlotte is $60. Scores for either the ACT or SAT test are due June 1. It is selective, with an acceptance rate of 62 percent and an early acceptance rate of 79.8 percent .

You should probably stop posting here. You’re no longer contributing and being a complete cunt.

But while I have you here:
We’re really letting lunks into our school. Total diploma mill. That should definitely bear out in the salary data, right?

https://www.payscale.com/research/US/School=Appalachian_State_University/Salary

https://www.payscale.com/research/US/School=University_of_North_Carolina_at_Charlotte_(UNCC)/Salary

Oops.

clt says it doesn’t matter to an Appy , boost mobile is hiring.

1 Like

Not bad when you graduate 1200 teachers a year.

Is that out of the College of Ed or does that also include secondary ed majors that are housed in Arts and Sciences and School of Music and even College of Business?

I don’t know, we graduate even more teachers each year. (And since Mrs Nugget was a long time teacher, God bless those underpaid fools that put up with the nonsense they do.)

2 Likes

Chris Lane > Eric Church

I’m honest. Eric Church is better. But we have the Avett Bros.

I’ve never listened to a song from either one.

I am not a fan of modern country but App also has Luke Combs and in a recent music video Luke peppered the video with App easter eggs.

Did the Avett Bros attend UNCC or just grow up in the area around Charlotte?

Old Crow Medicine Show did some busking in Boone and the daughter of Doc Watson happened to hear them and Doc invited them to play at MerleFest.

My wife taught Chris Lane while he was in high school.

Pat your wife on the back for me.

1 Like

EC is kind of a jerk, by most accounts tbough.

I don’t know enough to answer that but has been known to wear other school colors based on a hill and not the top of a mountain. I am sure he has handlers that use his body for marketing but we were selling some EC brands last year at KBS and for that he needs to be 100% App on my view.

I should not be too critical as it helps raise some $ but still…

…But Chris Lane was a Charlotte athlete as well. That gives him bonus points in my book.

Seth Avett went to Charlotte. Scott went to ECU. However, Rowe Hall is where the band practiced and the band formed in the Harris Teeter parking lot across the street from school. Not only did they play campus regularly, but also around University City. I think it’s fair for Charlotte to claim them.

2 Likes

Yes, my wife mentioned he played baseball while in high school and thought he played some baseball at Charlotte.

Charlotte certainly claim them. I was asking not to suggest otherwise, I knew of the band but did not know of the North Carolina connection and certainly did not know of the local history to your area.

As long as they are dues paying union members of the AFM (and it may be the AFM local in Nashville) they are all right in my book, 49er or not.

Off topic to this part of the thread but good luck with the game Saturday. I have some life changes occurring so I may not be visiting much the next week or two. Hopefully we both enter 8 Sept with no major injuries. My 10 tickets came in the mail Saturday and am looking forward to an away game (and taking a ride on the light rail again.)

Chris and Cory were solid D1 players. They didnt just “play some baseball”. Iirc they were on at least one NCAA tourney team.

clt hopes the best for you

1 Like