Clt’s week 2 chat page. Black out game for Charlotte!

For reference, we played NC State in baseball once. Technically every body that comes to baseball games is illegally parked if they don’t have a student pass. They ticketed every car with an NC state sticker lol. There was a thread on packpride. It was pretty funny.

1 Like

Yeah, just call me obsessed, but man, the weather forecast for this game is looking bad. Worse than last week. OK I’ll try to clam down and give it some more time, but DAMN! this is going to be a freaking mess weatherwise. By the way, yes, I’m freakingly pissed about this.

Just like the Temple game from a couple years ago…rain is the great equalizer. Rain…and lots of it …may be our best chance to keep the score respectable.

1 Like

Hopfully you get competitive quickly. A game like this could be the big story that day instead of the normal drivel about the Prig5 schools in the state. That helps both schools.

If not yearly so sort of cycle between App, Charlotte, and ECU would benefit all three schools where maybe 2 of the 3 matches take place and certainly 1 of the 3 take place each year.

It’s still early. The weather has been pretty unpredictable in this area the last few weeks. Leading up to the game last Saturday, the chance of rain/storms was 15% or lower on basically every source you checked and we all saw what happened.

Could be the opposite this weekend.

If ticket sales raise more money than an FCS game why not. I know wins are important but so is paying the bills.

App vs ODU was is heavy rain and that did not turn out well for ODU. :slight_smile:

It’s really the lightning I’m most concerned about. We can play in rain but not lightning.

Seeing high of 89 and partly cloudy…

Look at the evening.

1 Like

We don’t have issues paying bills.

Every G5 school has issues paying bills, or at least would like to have more money, if only to help bring down the percent of the bills subsided by students through forced fees.

clt has breaking news from the appy chat page. appys plan to take the toilet paper and towels from our bathrooms for use back in Boone.

They are also interested in the free filtered water that we offer, but haven’t decided on an effective method of carrying that much water up the hill in a Kia.

2 Likes

It would have been funnier to write, “but we can’t figure out how to carry that much water in our cupped hands without it dripping through our fingers.”

You got to play to the tired and worn hillbilly theme of all things App State.

Don’t make me do all the work around here.

clt will give the appys credit for using a collection modality, but lacking the means to get said water to the Kia.

Damn dude. I like my KIA.

Boone says there is plenty of clean mountain water up in them thar hills, no need for chlorinated city water.

Is that the secret to them purdy mountain teeth?

Uh…where do you think Charlotte’s water comes from??? Of course with our outhouse right over the creek not sure it gets filtered before it gets to you…Might be why ya’ll like green so much…

Are you 5 years old?

1 Like