Clt’s week 2 chat page. Black out game for Charlotte!

Has coach confirmed that this is Reynold’s gig and Reynold’s team going forward…or is he just filling in until Shirreff’s hammy is ready to go??

1 Like

He’s the QB1 until he isn’t. His to lose is my understanding.

1 Like

Thanks!

Will be curious to see how it plays out. NORMALLY, a coach picks a QB and sticks with him thru ups & downs. Especially a RS Freshman…you don’t want to make the leash too short and ruin his confidence or make him play looking over his shoulder. But since Lambert is on a short leash…a wonder if he could be a little impatient himself if he thinks Reynolds is struggling and Shirreffs is ready to go.

There is a fine line between willing to make changes to win and being too loyal/faithful in someone that’s struggling. I just don’t want another “rotation”…or 2 or 3 headed QB monster like we had a couple years ago. I also don’t want to watch someone struggle while wondering if the P5 transfer can come in and do better.

I guess at this point I hope Reynolds grabs the reigns and doesn’t give Lambert any reason to make a change.

Would be best for all involved.

A coach that isn’t on the hot seat probably gives someone like Reynolds more of a leash. Lambert doesn’t really have that luxury.

Boone is disappointed at the lack of creativity.

1 Like

Uhhhhhh. Ok.

clt asks if we have a report on Shirreffs‘ health?

could he start?

lots of things for the appys to think about

1 Like

The more I think about it…if an undefeated Charlotte team cannot beat a winless App St team…that may be as low as the program can fall. And if I was Lambert…that should be grounds for voluntary resignation.

Just sayin.

Here is to a great injury free game on both sides.

Does anyone know about streaming options for the game? I’m confused on the difference between WatchEspn App and ESPN+

WatchESPN is what you can access if you have a cable package. ESPN+ is a separate service you sign up for at $5 a month, but they have a free 7 day trial.

Student tailgate looks pretty legit.

3 Likes

I like how they moved it to in front of Campus Police HQ. LOL! Talk about convenient!

The demand should be 10,000 students to the games or is that unreasonable. I know that there are not enough tickets, but if I didn’t have a ticket I would be at the tailgate. Isn’t there about 20k undergrads that go to Charlotte?

ECU has some of the largest student attendance at the country at 12000. I was on the student ticketing committee when we planned this stuff and we got really detailed research. It was really cool. some of my numbers are a little dated. I doubt 12k students are going to games regularly today, as they’ve caught the losing bug. With that said, relative to enrollment, stadium size, and our abysmal record our student attendance is absolutely massive. Relative to the rest of the country. Like all things though we actually have to become competitive to truly fix that issue.

1 Like

My App State cousin also forwarded me this tonight…I had to tweet it…

3 Likes

We always say “it’s funny cause it’s true”

1 Like

Pic from App vs Gradner Webb…

clt says that is unpossible. appys sell out every game ever