clt says sign clt up for this conference

[font=Lyon][size=17px]EAST:[/size][/font][font=Lyon][/size][size=17px] Marshall, Old Dominion, Charlotte, Appalachian State, Western Kentucky, Coastal Carolina.[/size][/font]

[font=lyon, georgia, serif][/size][size=17px]clt posts the observer article as well: [/size][size=17px][/font]

http://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/finances

No thanks.

I don’t like cusa, but smashing two turds together doesn’t make it not a turd.

No Thanks… although I realize finances may dictate a move at some point, prefer no App

At least this a turd with 2-3 potential regional rivalries. The current turd has nobody interesting to me.

Let’s do it. This is inevitable.

This still seems higher aimed than the Big South we act like.

We’d also still have the smallest stadium in this conference.

[quote=“Expectations Manager, post:6, topic:30914”]Let’s do it. This is inevitable.

We’d also still have the smallest stadium in this conference.[/quote]

Unless Coastal made a major upgrade recently that I’m unaware of, they would definitely take the crown for smallest stadium

[quote=“NinerNurse, post:7, topic:30914”][quote=“Expectations Manager, post:6, topic:30914”]Let’s do it. This is inevitable.

Unless Coastal made a major upgrade recently that I’m unaware of, they would definitely take the crown for smallest stadium[/quote]
They are upgrading

[quote=“NinerNurse, post:7, topic:30914”][quote=“Expectations Manager, post:6, topic:30914”]Let’s do it. This is inevitable.

Unless Coastal made a major upgrade recently that I’m unaware of, they would definitely take the crown for smallest stadium[/quote]they broke ground on expansion last month. I think they’ll be at 19 or 20k capacity next year.

[quote=“Niner National, post:9, topic:30914”][quote=“NinerNurse, post:7, topic:30914”][quote=“Expectations Manager, post:6, topic:30914”]Let’s do it. This is inevitable.

Unless Coastal made a major upgrade recently that I’m unaware of, they would definitely take the crown for smallest stadium[/quote]they broke ground on expansion last month. I think they’ll be at 19 or 20k capacity next year.[/quote]
GoCCUsports: [url=http://www.goccusports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/032117aaa.html]Coastal Has Football Stadium Expansion Groundbreaking Ceremony

This merger won’t work for us. We won’t have anywhere for all those UNC-Tweetsie fans to sit or to even park.

clt says this is the correct take.

clt provides a hot take from another chat page:

[font=Verdana][size=13px]TV sets didn’t make Texas and OU an event, proximity and culture did. Good old fashioned hate did. That can’t be manufactured from across the country.[/size][/font]

Let’s create a true “regional” conference and hook up with Gardner Webb, Wingate, UNCP, Winthrop, and USC-Upstate. To save ourselves the embarrassment of having the smallest FBS stadium, we can drop back to FCS and then brag about our large stadium. We could potentially dominate a conference like that.

This conference has it all.
MT for basketball
App for football
Coastal for baseball
Charlotte for TitleIX

[quote=“Expectations Manager, post:15, topic:30914”]This conference has it all.
MT for basketball
App for football
Coastal for baseball
Charlotte for TitleIX[/quote]

clt says we provide golf skills.

This - or something like it - is going to happen sooner or later.

We might as well get out in front and lead the charge. The programs who stick their heads in the sand and say “no no no there’s no problem” are the ones who are just going to end up wherever there’s a hole, whether they like it or not.

I think this conference would be fine. I would like to see ECU in the inevitable future regional conference such as this.

This. I hope that our AD (I know, I know) is currently talking behind the scenes to ADs from WKU, MT, ODU, UAB, USM, and App about the possibility. No promises, nothing official, but friendly chats about this as one option so we are already down the road when the Big XII does whatever it does, and the AAC implodes. Bringing ECU in would make a lot of sense, as would Memphis if they are left behind. The other option of course is us backfilling the AAC and leaving all of these other suckers. :wink:

Most of you are such whipped dogs that I’m surprised you aren’t already lamenting that we didn’t just join the Big South in all sports years ago when we had the chance.

Way to let Judy et al off the hook. #managedexpectations

I hope this happens so I finally have the reason I need to cut ties with the program. You guys can enjoy your “DII” program along with all the media members, BOG members, and fans of other programs who have done everything in their power for decades to put us there. You all win. Congrats. And thanks for making everything the diehard fans did for decades before you mean absolutely nothing.