Clt starts the 2020 Charlotte v appy chat page

clt is hearing rumours that this may happen.

appy has offered to host, the lack of adequate ice will not be an issue with no fans in attendance.

1 Like

Can you safely social distance after the game with only one Wendyā€™s in town?

clt is now hearing we will host the game and pay appy the following:

2 dozen baseballs- used
35 shoulder pads- used
3 new nike basketball shoes- new
$49 contribution to the appy athletic program.

2 Likes

Careful! This is how WW1 got started

2 Likes

I think this is abbreviated: appythetic

2 Likes

Itā€™s a 2-story Wendyā€™s, should be safe.

1 Like

clt hopes we can play appy this year! It really helps our recruiting to play juggernauts.

clt says we are 14 spots higher than appy in FB recruiting this year, by next year it will be 27.

4 Likes

clt says a September game in Boone nc makes sense. The appys can fill up some ice trays overnight for the game and leave them out in the freezing cold.

Hate they canā€™t ride their million dollar bus to the game though, maybe itā€™s not too late to find a neutral site?

This is the first move that Iā€™m not a fan of from Hill. The official reason for playing in Boone is due to the larger seating capacity. The best case will be that 25% of the stadium can be filled and I assume that the majority of that 25% will be left for App fans. I donā€™t see how this benefits our AD budget or the fans if we are extremely limited on available seats. I assume we have lost a home game for the home fans to potentially participate in. At some point, I want the NINERS to act like the superior team and state the requirements instead of being the inferior team by feeling gracious that we were even considered as a valid option. Outside of the fact that most of us will now lose a potential game to participate in, I hope App is paying us big $$. If not, I must assume that we have plenty $$, so I want a lot of free swag with the new logo. I have officially stepped off of my soapbox. GO NINERS.

Why in the hell are we playing them up there? Is their athletics budget so poor that they canā€™t feel up the damn bus?

1 Like

Iā€™ll wait and hear the details. Did we get a home game in the future? Or are we getting half capacity? Hills earned my trust.

I am glad weā€™re playing., three in-state opponents in non-conference. Letā€™s go get some Ws.

Edit: We got a home game with them in 2030 so it is a H&H.

1 Like

Iā€™m betting Mike locked in some seats for us.

So I read this as we are elated that a team of their caliber would allow us to play them this year (such that we would give up a home slot to do it), and they are gracious enough to allow us to play them again in 2030. At some point, we need to be as arrogant as they are. I agree that I will somewhat reserve my comments (and yes this is me being conservative) until we get a better explanation and the $$ details, but my responses are cocked and ready to fire if necessary.

clt is certain appy cannot pay us to play there. they cannot afford to pay for the gas in our buses.

clt just saw we get a 2030 home game.

clt is concerned appy will not be playing football or even still an accredited uni in 2030.

If so, we can schedule them for homecoming, or buy out the deal.

What is ā€œfeel up the busā€ a euphemism for?

Heā€™s just really into Jerome Bettis

I think you knowā€¦feel upā€¦fill upā€¦who knows?

Man. Mike hill is magic. We get the home game in the non pandemic year.

I know we only have 4 home games currently but this is absolutely the year to have a schedule like that.

I donā€™t think thereā€™s going to be more than 10k fans at this game at most

2 Likes