Clt starts the 2020 Charlotte v appy chat page

Youguys must save your stale material on your clipboard… Result will be the same. Club Lit will be dark again. After I quit laughing ( not) I’ll come back in September.

Agreed.
Playing on the road is now guaranteed to be in front of sparse crowds (some estimations as low as 20%).

Certainly rather play more road games when attendance is restricted…especially to that extent.
Puts a pretty big dent in home field advantage.

2 Likes

Id rather play Elon at home than App on the road. We need 2 home games.

With the attendance restrictions…Home games don’t really mean anything this year.
Just because the game is at home doesn’t guarantee you (or anyone else) can go and watch.

If the best we can do is watch on TV or a stream of some sort whether home or away…where they play doesn’t matter at all.

Dude. Stop.

Who cares? You can’t go anyway. Let’s play them all on the road. Beat somebody that matters. Make a name for ourselves.

There’s no way more than 7500 are walking through our gates this season. We aren’t making squat in ticket sales. So let’s buy a lottery ticket to shock some people.

1 Like

App at 50% would be 15 k (which is not going to happen). Their student fees are now more than ours.

So parents of players, some students and some of their season ticket holders are going to Get most, if not all of those tickets, leaving us with 3k or so at the most.

I would assume the cap is going to be much more like 20% or 30% if fans are allowed at all, which I would call doubtful. If it’s still phase two, fans will not be allowed. Sit back on your couch in the air conditioning and enjoy it on the TV

Appy sports is losing $5 million per year, and they have cut 3 sports, furloughed staff, and are not hiring people for open jobs. They are circling the drain and we are giving them a hand. I am sure they will be appreciative.

clt says we are being very restrained…for now

I don’t view this as giving them a hand at all.

They have already sold any tickets that will be allocated for this game.

Like I said, we won this deal easily. This game is week 1. I think fans at all isn’t going to happen. Therefore they are going to have to pay for game day ops with no fans.

Also, as much as I like poking fun at the apps, I don’t think they are “circling the drain”.

We got the home game in the non pandemic year, when our stadium will absolutely be expanded. We won this one.

1 Like

Can we assume there will be some TV money from this game for both teams?

1 Like

They are running a $5 million per year deficit, and cutting three sports saves them $1 million–all per their AD. They need to find a way to close that gap. They are a poor department without a 7 figure rainy day fund like we have, and while their fans are enthusiastic, they skew towards being poor teachers. Mrs Nugget used to be a teacher, so I know what those checks look like. You can’t send in an extra $1000 or so to help out the old alma mater on teacher pay. Their only revenue sport is football, and before we agreed to come up there yesterday they had four home games. Their money game was at Wisconsin, and that is cancelled. Less games, reduced attendance capacity, and the possibility that next year they will be paying an extra year of scholarships for today’s seniors is going to dig the hole even deeper. If you don’t like circling the drain, give it your own name, but it is a tough time to be Doug Gillin.

clt is hearing that UNC system leaders are considering combining appy and wcu for cost savings.

1 Like

They’re already sharing body fluids. We’re going to get a good look at the COVID petri dish in about 2 to 3 weeks time.

clt says appy is playing cambell. Hahaha

It could be the 2030 game in Charlotte will exceed the capacity of Richardson Stadium despite anticipated expansions. This could be a game that is moved to Bank of America or its successor.

If Charlotte continues to appear in bowl games and Appalachian does so also, this could be a game with appeal to ESPN, especially if it can be scheduled early in the season on a Friday or Saturday night.

This would be a great use of one of those days where Charlotte can use the stadium for free, if that requirement continues.

A match up or two in the Myrtle Beach Bowl would build up the rivalry.

Nice warm up game in cooler weather. I think we score 42

Thanks UNCC, good tune up game for us. Gotta love those free wins.

Welcome to the board TheYeti. I have been to Appy’s little campus many times, and have seen the coeds up there. I assume by your name that you are a girl. We are happy to give you a game when nobody else would. Please tell Coach…who is your coach this year?..that we are going to do out best against what has to be the best team in all of college football. I am going to bring my own cooler of ice with me, so you and your boyfriend should feel free to stop by, say hello, and get some.

:call_me_hand:

1 Like

Thanks man I appreciate that, will be nice to have a cold drink after our dub. Just don’t get your tears in the ice tray, it makes it so salty.