Clt starts the CLEMPSON postgame

clt says that was a fumble

Scored the same points as Texas A&M.
Gave up the same of points as Georgia Tech.

Not bad for an upstart program.

We actually scored 17. That was a fumble!

3 Likes

Clemson was very nice to us on their score. Good experience. We are some years away at being at their level but headed in that direction however long it may take.

We have other high profile schools on the schedule in the coming years And itā€™ll be interesting to see how the team progresses against top competition.

clt says that was a fumble,

1 Like

Hate we didnā€™t beat the spread.

Game speaks for itself. Itā€™s about what I expected.

Didnā€™t meet a rude Clemson fan once, some even said ā€œgo Ninersā€ which really threw me off. One asked why weā€™re 49ers and listened to the whole spiel.

So the whole gate thing for the upper deck is wild. Wife nearly lost her cool trying to get from the gates to the lower deck up the ramps to the upper deck. Signage situation all over could be a lot better.

Wife did get bad vertigo on TDS though. Spent most of the 1st half down below. Glad JRS upper deck wonā€™t be anything like that.

Holy shit parking situation is horrendous. Apple GPS apparently doesnā€™t know anything about Clemson campus. Had prepaid parking on campus periphery and it took us to the damn Esso Club. Drove all the way back to Seneca to turn around and try again.

And then there was the hour it took us to move 30 feet in C-1. I was about at the end of my rope at that point. The cops apparently are new at this moving 80k out. Only been playing football 125 years so the local law enforcement still need more time to get it right.

The game is the game. Did not meet a bad Clemson fan, but I also feel like they werenā€™t very outwardly friendly. Then again, 6ā€™2 bearded guy in shades and a hat is not a friendly look. I actually feel like App fans were more welcoming. Hardcore agreed on the concensus with parking. ADA support was HORRENDOUS for this one, App had two decks, but only had one ADA station. Clemson has that whole 85,000 seat monstrosity and hasā€¦one station. I had a much easier time getting out of Boone than I did Clemson, though. Iā€™ve been to our two major away games and I can safely say I enjoyed Boone more. Not wholly because we were competitive, but I felt more at home on top of the mountain than I did in Clemson, South Carolina. Still, 3 hours of driving later, itā€™s damn good to be back in Greater Charlotte and damn good to be a Niner.

Clemson fans were all super friendly to me. At least half a dozen offered me a beer on the way in, probably 20 or more the whole night thanked us for coming, and a few even wanted to take some pics wearing my jacket. Bit strange, but it was fun.

I parked right by the alumni tailgate. About a 10 minute walk to stadium. I was back to my car and home by 1:30. I stayed the entire game. Some people in my tailgate group also went. They parked in the handicapped lot next to the alumni tailgate. It was free.

clt is rewatching the game. That was a fumble

1 Like

It was bad enough playing the #1 team in the country but even more impossible when the referees assume Clemson makes no mistakes. Clemson never fumbles, never illegally blocks in the back, never throws a boched backwards pass, and never holds. Meanwhile if Charlotte gets a first down it was probably because of a hold.

3 Likes

The game is over. We got our check. Time to move on. This game was irrelevant.

1 Like

Any news on Bamah injury or offensive linemen? Hopefully they were just being really cautious in a game we werenā€™t likely to win. Would like to believe that although playing backup linemen to save your starters can also get your QB injured so thatā€™s risky.

Unfortunately I wasnā€™t able to watch the game. Did we get any major injuries?

The game was what it was. Iā€™ll say this: if we can run the ball on Clemson, we can run the ball on anybody.

The rest of the day was great. Parked at the YMCA. Shuttled in but walked out. It was about a mile. The Clemson fans were extremely welcoming. Of course, they knew we were no threat, so maybe that had something to do with it. There was also a classy statement of support regarding 4/30 during pregame ceremonies.

How about their tailgating setup? We walked around to see campus a bit and they are utilizing every bit of open space they have. I realize they have to with that many people, but still. They are using their green space. There were trucks parked on the manicured lawn outside of Littlejohn with tailgaters everywhere. What surface lots? LOL

The tickets that CU assigned the school were way better than I was expecting. Thought weā€™d all be way up top.A few CU fans had a little to much fun gloating over the game, but they were mainly responding to one of our drunk-ass fans that should probably know better. How about the price on the concessions? $2 bottled water FTW.

Overall, a good day. Letā€™s go get FAU!

1 Like

Fumble all day long. Terrible break. They still would have won but awful call/no call.
Their fans were awesome. Hope we learn and show the same high level of hospitality to opposing fans. Very classy how they recognized our band, 4/30, etc. impressed overall with the experience except the final score.

2 Likes

Lots of praise for us on the Reddit game thread and postgame.

Postgame comments

1 Like

Yes classy recognition and condolences for 4/30. I was surprised, touched, and impressed.

I didnā€™t go to the game yesterday, but Iā€™m not surprised by the comments about their fans graciousness. Iā€™ve been to baseball there and had the very same experience, which struck me as being the exact polar opposite to their rivals in Columbia, whose fans were absolute trash.