Clt starts the CLEMPSON postgame

1. every Clemson fan I met was nice, and gracious as could be. The prayer and 4/30 stuff was moving. Greatly appreciated.

2. that place is a holy nightmare to get in and out of. Thank God for history and tradition because that is a miserable experience.

3. I’ve been blessed through my own work and my Dad’s to see a lot of the coolest venues in American football. Not sure anything rivals a night game in Death Valley.

4. highsmith was very good. Really pumped for him. Definitely boosted his draft stock.

5. not only was Benny good, but we ran the ball for 110 in the first half. Against Clemson. Alex Atkins is going to be a good one folks.

6. I thought we played very well. There’s a lot of teams that have a lot more name recognition that look a lot worse in Death Valley.

7. fumble was garbage. Really wouldn’t have mattered but to be up 7-0 at Clemson would have been really cool.

8. Chris just wasn’t big enough to see over their huge D line. Don’t think anything got exposed. If you’re telling me the key to stopping charlottes offense is to send 5 NFL guys at our QB I’ll take that. The INT was bad, but all we could run were timing routes given the situation, and they jumped all over it.

9. several Clemson fans pointed out how much our logo looks like the sickle and hammer from the Soviet Union and like I knew that, but it kind of sucks that’s how other people view our logo. I know that’s being fixed.

10. always a good time with you guys. Spent some time with the miner obsession guys yesterday. If y’all haven’t given them a shot, definitely give them a listen.

I was tailgating in lot 12 and had several Clemson fans come by to welcome us. Everyone I encountered was friendly and made me feel welcome.

The process to get upstairs with the different gates is confusing for sure. I have gotten spoiled being able to buy beer at our home games.

Wife said “let’s eat dinner at the stadium”. She was thinking they’d have Bojangles or something similar. I said for her not to expect that at Clemson, which confused her. More money, more everything, surely they have decent food options, right? I told her they don’t "need’ better food options. They can feed us slop at any price they want. $7 piece of microwave pizza later, and she finally understood. $2 bottle water was an unexpectedly nice feature though.

Needless to say that once we got out of parking lot Hell we hit the Wendy’s before getting back to the hotel.

I have one more comment.

When that video said “if you’re not going to give 110%, keep them filthy hands off my rock”

That was like the coolest thing I’ve seen on a college football game. Was really, really awesome.

2 Likes

Note on tailgating:

We’re doing it wrong.

Holy hell, multiple tv monitors and satellite dishes on tents.

TENTS!

Don’t get me started about the hundreds of RVs set up.

Every level of Clemson seems to have more resources than we do. It’s amazing what 125 years and ESPN money can buy you.

We aren’t doing it wrong. We just need more folks doing it.

I don’t know. Until I see 10k golf carts swamming campus I’m gonna feel like we just aren’t up to snuff yet.

Exactly…more people, more big games, and more exposure. Still only 7 years in, it will come.

Our campus police will never allow anything like what Clemson fans can do tailgating to ever happen on our campus. Too much control freak in our admins’ “DNA” for that.

Had a great time at the game. Parked in C1 and it was brutal getting out. The Clemson folks were very kind and yes they know how to do everything dealing with football.

Game went the way Vegas and how most saw it. After the fumble recovery for a potential TD and Clemson scored on the next play was just such a game changer. Took the wind out of everything. I think looking forward, we just need to work on stopping the big plays from happening. It was a theme in the App State game, and again here. I don’t remember too many times yesterday where Clemson had to go the length of the field to score on like (4+ plays), and App State didn’t prove that either in our game. Run game had a good showing, got to commend the O-line and HBs on their performance. Wish the refs had let things play out, seemed like when things would go our way (very few times), ref keep blowing their whistle; stopping plays short. The first fumble on the opening play and then the fumble recovery on the punt in the 2nd half; ref keep blowing their whistle early and wouldn’t let things play out. Don’t think that would’ve been the case if it was Clemson vs USC or an ACC opponent.

Being at Clemson was alright. Parking was way better than App (Note to Neers’: Have your local businesses and churches offer parking; when we went up there two weeks ago, got to Boone at 12 and didn’t find parking until 1:30 and everything was permit only, private lot, or 2 hour parking). Stadium and the energy at the start of the game crazy! People everywhere on their campus; tailgating and having good time, the Tiger Walk, touching the rock and running down the hill: just being around big time college football was an experience in its self. The whole pregame with the Good Bless America song, then prayer time, and then the Pledge of Allegiance was different, wasn’t expecting all that. And stadium mics for the refs were the worst, couldn’t hear anything that the refs were saying.

Personally, comparing trip App to Clemson; I thought App fans were way more personable and welcoming. Had put up with some Clemson fans acting kind of ignant after the game, as opposed to App where they were saying nice words about the team and having conversation about former players and future recuirts for each team. Maybe it’s just I’m not a huge fan of the small town/college town feel: Clemson was out in the sticks of SC; had to stay overnight all the way out in Greenville (underrated, pretty dope downtown, had more to it than I was expecting). All I was saying on the drive to and from Clemson was “please don’t have my car breakdown or shit could get serious out here.” But all around, it was a positive experience: got a chance to play a top level program at a top notch stadium, saw some positive plays from the team against the #1 team in country, and get to go back to civilization with a cool $1 million in our pockets!

1 Like

Keith Jackson says “FUMBLEEEEEE!”

1 Like

Amen to that rev. I’d have rather drunk that green whatever it was than anything any Clemson fan had.

Come on by on Saturday. We’ll have the Noon games on.

As far as traffic goes, I guess I got lucky. The rec center lot has a back gate they open. 90% of the people still go sit in line at the front gate. I went out the back gate and used Google maps to get back to 85. Went through the country, but didn’t sit in any traffic.

1 Like

I was in the rec lot too, and our bus driver told us about that back gate and taking the back way to 85. Took well over an hour to get from the stadium to the parking lot, but once we were out of the parking lot, it was smooth.

1 Like

Watched the game I recorded and the refs screwed us out of an awesome fumble recovery for a Touchdown to start this game. Disgusting acc refs.

We were fortunate in that we didn’t have anyone with us that required the shuttle, so we walked back. Maybe a mile? That saved us a lot of time. But if our daughter is 3 instead of 13 that might have gone down differently.

I think the refs may come from the visiting team’s conference. Yes, they blew the whistle too early.