Clt starts the CLEMPSON postgame

Visiting teams make the arrangements for officials, but thereā€™s no such thing as ā€œofficialā€ conference officials anymore. They are more of like circuit judges riding a range. So these guys are our, and the SunBelt and the SEC and the ACC, so on, so forth, ect.

Now these guys we brought may not get a chance to do ACC and SEC much because those conferences have ā€œfavoritesā€ already, but this was a great stage for them to audition to the ACC for sure.

Even if the whistle was blown it was under a second before the recovery and it looked clear and immediate to me. It wouldnā€™t have changed things of course but would have been nice to have that moment.

I was blown away by how nice and welcoming the Clemson fan base was to us. Everything about the trip there was fantastic sans the result. Top notch everything.

2 Likes

real question. (since i havenā€™t gotten to a game at the Rich.) If Clemson fans were 9 on the scale of Friendly/Welcoming, what are we?

1. I donā€™t think our fans are awful to anyone. They also arenā€™t helpful.

Mostly our fans since we started football have just been not there.

fair enough.

FWIW I would rate app like a 6. Most of their fans were cool and super helpful, but you also basically have no choice but to walk through or near their student tailgate, and maybe itā€™s because weā€™re us, but We definitely had some stuff yelled at us, and there was a 9 year old in our group.

I would not bring kids to an app game if you are wearing the visitors colors. Kids were very welcome at Clemson.

Our fans are still learning how to be football fans and develop a culture. Really too soon to assess.

Iā€™m amazed at so many positive App comments. I was with my wife, adult daughter and son-in-law. We were all surprised at how many f bombs we heard. All hurled at us or other Charlotte fans who were literally just walking down the sidewalk. We just laughed, but it seemed they just had an overabundance of trashy fans/students.

3 Likes

again. fair enough. i hope we form a base that is passionate about anything Niners, but compassionate too. not impossible. maybe like Clemā€™s Son.

clt says we are nice.

1 Like

This post making the rounds on Facebook of one of our band members helping an older Clemson fan up the steps.

3 Likes

clt says we saw a great example of the bad fumble call tonite.

Wentz had a questionable fumble that was returned for 6

Officials let the play finish and then reviewed. No fumble. Announcers and former NFL officials praised the call

We were robbed. We should be #1

For anyone that didnā€™t see it. Hereā€™s the crowd we had at the tailgate last weekend:

4 Likes

Looks like itā€™s true what they say about what you wear under that kilt

2 Likes