Clt starts the odu game chat page

To ensure the game would get played. We don’t have matching open dates, which means we’d have to extend the regular season. First week after conference play stops is either Conference Championship or we start looking for a new coach…

1 Like

All black unis for the game:

Looks like someone listened when I complained about the C-49ers at the end of last week’s uniform reveal video.

That’s a solid jump in quality for a short uniform reveal vid. well done

clt expects odu to back out of this game somehow

2 Likes

Moss2k reports that it is indeed gameday.

2 Likes

FORTY!!!

NINERS![quote=“49er1, post:66, topic:32890, full:true”]

FORTY!!!
[/quote]

NINERS!!!

I am ready. Plan to arrive right at game time. Need a W today

1 Like

clt says we beat ODU,

Best possible win of the year, other than Tennessee

Are we allowed to end the game with more points than the other team?

clt says it is time to discuss cusa championship travel plans

1 Like

Good thing we didn’t have to reschedule he week of the cusa championship.

Also start searching flights to the Bahamas Bowl

Although I hate that ODU scored their first second half points of the year against us, we won the game! A sparse but enthusiastic crowd.

Didn’t notice this before, but what’s with the guys screening the coaches - literally - on the sidelines? Lambert’s version of Wissel’s index cards?!

Pretty sure they were windscreens to block the wind as they were radioing plays from the sideline into the QB’s helmet.

Just a guess.

I think the screens are so the offensive guys know where to look when the plays go in or are changed.
Pope is usually signaling them and he’s wearing a red hat. I figure that is on purpose

I assumed it was so the other team’s coaches in the press box could not see what was being signaled.

2 Likes

They have been using the screens since the 1st game. Either blocking or to help the players see the calls.

Or Lambert is concerned about fans throwing things.

2 Likes

Figured the screens had something to do with play calling but wasn’t sure if it was to prevent the opposing team from “stealing” and/or as an aid for us, etc. Thanks!!!