Clt starts the super bowl for the appys week chat page

As mediocre as it was, they covered the spread and we didn’t. With that said, their defense bent a lot and ETSU should have scored at least twice more. We need to slow the pace, let our guys up front win the time of possession battle, and frustrate them. If we can go +2 in turnovers, this one gets real interesting.

clt says apparently you cannot use your cell phone in appy town due to no cell coverage.

you would think a school that generates the most boost mobile employees in USA would have decent service.

Don’t bother streaming any games at the tailgate next week. We are basically going to a third world country.

3 Likes

I will be at the game and hope we play with our full potential. If we have zero mistakes I think we can hang around awhile. I expect App to eventually get things rolling and win.

Anybody familiar with game day parking at App State? We have some ladies that cannot walk very far. Looking at parking maps, could we park in the County Social Services parking lot at Poplar Grove Connector Rd. and catch the shuttle to the stadium?

I don’t have any illusions that we have even a remote chance to beat Appy on their home turf.

BUT…

If we did…I would so enjoy 2 things:

• The utter meltdown the Appy’s would have. Would LOVE to hear the excuses and see the extreme disappointment and disbelief materialize and boil over on their board. They are so in need of some humble pie and would love nothing more than for us to serve it to them piping hot.
  • What it would do for our young program in recruiting, perception, excitement and momentum towards the next round of conference expansion.

It would be the greatest time to be a Niner since Rodney White & company was destroying the Memphis’, Louisville’s and Cincy’s of the world.

Alas…just don’t think we have the horses…especially in depth.

Hope we compete and keep it somewhat respectable.

But…to dream. It would be oh so epic to pull it out and witness a Healy celebration on Appy’s home turf.

i think at the top, our best guys are better than their best guys. highsmith, lemay, deluca, tucker are studs but i dont think we have the depth yet to win this game.

Healy celebration on Appy’s home turf:

source

3 Likes

If you aren’t a season ticket holder at app, you are pretty much screwed. Their parking situation is terrible. I’m sorry, not trying to make things worse, but just being honest. Every appy I have spoken to this week has the parking method of “show up and pray” unless you are a season ticket holder. Applcart is great, but it doesn’t drop that close to the stadium. If I was you I would definitely find a lot near an applcart stop though, because that will be much better for your group than walking.

1 Like

Thanks Clayton!

Yeah, Clayton’s right. Parking is crap around app. I researched parking and came to the same conclusion. We’re staying about 100 yards from an Applcart stop that takes us to a stop about 100 yards from the stadium. Here’s the routes and schedules list. https://www.appalcart.com/bus-routes.

1 Like

Their parking situation is crap but there are a couple gravel lots off Depot Street that are solid options, 10-15 minute walk.

How early do you have to get there?

App State odds opens at -21

not a betting man but i think there will be a surprise.

1 Like

Last time I tailgated there with family, it was close to full by 10.

No go. Not tailgating. Gonna ride the Applcart.

Will Healy - 1 — Mike Houston - 0

Let’s go Niners, and G-W Bulldogs!

4 Likes

So, do we have a legit idea of the number of NINER fans going to this game?

At least …3 sections full purchased through our office

1 Like

Make sure to wear green, with the white out it will be very easy to pick us out on TV if we’re all head to toe in Green (although I’m sure the App social media propagandists will claim it’s a shade of black :wink:)

2 Likes