Coaches show last night

[quote=ā€œmojoniner, post:19, topic:29852ā€][quote=ā€œs9er, post:18, topic:29852ā€][quote=ā€œNinerAdvocate, post:16, topic:29852ā€]Notes 11/3/15

Coach likes FIU RB. Plays like Temple RB but smaller.
[glow=red,2,300]Lee is definitely starting.[/glow]
Brooks got reps vs Marshall just to get reps
Discussed FAU FIU game. Rivalry. FAU defense played well. FIU threw pick 6 on final drive.
FIU needs 2 of next 3 for bowl eligibility. Us, Marshall, WKU
FIU kicking and return teams singled out as excellent by Coach
Coach said Marshall was our best special teams effort thus season
Proud that we didnā€™t give up big plays 2nd half Marshall
Jamal Covington is guest[/quote]

Iā€™m at a loss for exactly what THE f*** this staff is watchingā€¦ Kid couldnā€™t play dead in a cowboy movie[/quote]

No fan of Mullen as OC and to continue to start McNeil at QB has made me start losing faith in Lambert.[/quote]

Has Lambert explained the logic behind Lee starting? If not, perhaps someone should ask him.

He made it sound like there was no doubt it was Lee. He was asked about Barden getting playing time and he said that was just to get him some reps at the end of the game (or words to that effect). Also said he liked how Matt has adapted to his new role. I think itā€™s going to be Lee the rest of the year barring injury from the way Lambert answered the questions.

[quote=ā€œupperdeck, post:20, topic:29852ā€]We have one quarterback with an FBS win. Matt Johnson. If my memory is correct, no other quarterback threw a pass in that game.

In that game, Austin Duke had 7 catches for almost 100 yards.

We used all three QBā€™s the next week, with Matt Johnson clearly the top performer. Austin Duke had 9 catches for 166 yards.

Since then Austin has a total of 123 yards receiving, including 2 catches for 3 yards against SM. I know he was not 100% but he was out there.

The choice of quarterback is neutralizing your second or third best athlete on the entire team. No Johnson = No Duke.[/quote]

This! I just donā€™t get it. The coaching staff is taking away our 2nd (my opinion) best athlete on offense. Johnson to Duke long balls kept defenses from stacking the box like they do against Lee. Iā€™m impressed with our O-Line and KP for being able to rack up yards like they do with a loaded box every play.

As mentioned before, what the difference between a 45 int or a 3 and out with a 45 yard (if that) punt? And the way our punting game has been that 45 yards is a big if.

Put in Matt or Brooks or even Chris Montgomery, anybody but Lee. Seems like a good kid with a good head on his shoulders but he has no business starting at QB in FBS football. He is a backup at the FCS level at best.

[quote=ā€œupperdeck, post:20, topic:29852ā€]We have one quarterback with an FBS win. Matt Johnson. If my memory is correct, no other quarterback threw a pass in that game.

In that game, Austin Duke had 7 catches for almost 100 yards.

We used all three QBā€™s the next week, with Matt Johnson clearly the top performer. Austin Duke had 9 catches for 166 yards.

Since then Austin has a total of 123 yards receiving, including 2 catches for 3 yards against SM. I know he was not 100% but he was out there.

The choice of quarterback is neutralizing your second or third best athlete on the entire team. No Johnson = No Duke.[/quote]
Well saidā€¦I like Lambertā€¦but :-X

I honestly donā€™t know what Lambert is trying to do. IMO, it is very much damaging the program though.

Nobody expected us to win this year, but we are pathetic, boring, and painful to watch. I can bear watching losses, but I canā€™t deal with watching boring football. Itā€™s not entertaining. If Lee is starting, my dad and I arenā€™t coming to the last game.

If we had an offense out there that was scoring 30+ ppg and our defense was giving up 35 and we were 2-6, I think people would be a lot more forgiving than they are for a team that HASNā€™T THROWN A TD PASS SINCE GAME 2.

Thatā€™s the frustrating part, itā€™s not that we are 2-6, itā€™s that we could be so much better. Add to that who we passed on, and thereā€™s even more focus on this position. Itā€™s amazing to me that KP and the line are able to get the yardage that they have, our passing game has not been able to keep anyone honest. We also have no threat to run at QB except for the few snaps Matt takes. Without either of those threats to open up holes for the running game, well once again itā€™s amazing to me the yardage theyā€™ve been able to pile up.

We still have a chance to win another game or two, but those odds are smaller with Lee at QB, I donā€™t get what theyā€™re seeing.

[quote=ā€œchidave, post:26, topic:29852ā€]Thatā€™s the frustrating part, itā€™s not that we are 2-6, itā€™s that we could be so much better. Add to that who we passed on, and thereā€™s even more focus on this position. Itā€™s amazing to me that KP and the line are able to get the yardage that they have, our passing game has not been able to keep anyone honest. We also have no threat to run at QB except for the few snaps Matt takes. Without either of those threats to open up holes for the running game, well once again itā€™s amazing to me the yardage theyā€™ve been able to pile up.

We still have a chance to win another game or two, but those odds are smaller with Lee at QB, I donā€™t get what theyā€™re seeing.[/quote]

The only thing that makes sense at this point is that there is something they are not telling us.

[quote=ā€œNugget, post:27, topic:29852ā€][quote=ā€œchidave, post:26, topic:29852ā€]Thatā€™s the frustrating part, itā€™s not that we are 2-6, itā€™s that we could be so much better. Add to that who we passed on, and thereā€™s even more focus on this position. Itā€™s amazing to me that KP and the line are able to get the yardage that they have, our passing game has not been able to keep anyone honest. We also have no threat to run at QB except for the few snaps Matt takes. Without either of those threats to open up holes for the running game, well once again itā€™s amazing to me the yardage theyā€™ve been able to pile up.

We still have a chance to win another game or two, but those odds are smaller with Lee at QB, I donā€™t get what theyā€™re seeing.[/quote]

The only thing that makes sense at this point is that there is something they are not telling us.[/quote]What could it be though? Everything ever said about Matt has been overwhelmingly positive, so I canā€™t imagine he has done anything to put him on a shit list off the field. On the field, heā€™s far more of a threat than Lee. The INTs and fumbles definitely hurt, but at least there is some hope of exciting plays in the passing game.

As far as Barden goes, who knows. He could be in the dog house I guess, but refusing to start Matt makes no sense at all to me.

[quote=ā€œNiner National, post:28, topic:29852ā€][quote=ā€œNugget, post:27, topic:29852ā€][quote=ā€œchidave, post:26, topic:29852ā€]Thatā€™s the frustrating part, itā€™s not that we are 2-6, itā€™s that we could be so much better. Add to that who we passed on, and thereā€™s even more focus on this position. Itā€™s amazing to me that KP and the line are able to get the yardage that they have, our passing game has not been able to keep anyone honest. We also have no threat to run at QB except for the few snaps Matt takes. Without either of those threats to open up holes for the running game, well once again itā€™s amazing to me the yardage theyā€™ve been able to pile up.

The only thing that makes sense at this point is that there is something they are not telling us.[/quote]What could it be though? Everything ever said about Matt has been overwhelmingly positive, so I canā€™t imagine he has done anything to put him on a s*** list off the field. On the field, heā€™s far more of a threat than Lee. The INTs and fumbles definitely hurt, but at least there is some hope of exciting plays in the passing game.

As far as Barden goes, who knows. He could be in the dog house I guess, but refusing to start Matt makes no sense at all to me.[/quote]
Iā€™ve been saying this since the Presby game.

It is amazing to me that the only QB we have that values the ball is in the dog house. Makes you wonder if there was some off the field issue.

When I read the line about Lee starting, again:

Who need we need to talk to in order to get answers? I feel like this would be unacceptable at other programs. Why are more people not fired up about this enough to make statements?

Thereā€™s only one clear explanation for this and the recent history here. It isnā€™t about winning. At all.

There is something that Lee has done off the field that warrants the spot in this athletic department culture.

There is a culture here that prides itself on ā€œthe student athleteā€ and ā€œ#Familyā€ in public. I think the student-athlete is very important, but I honestly think that it is simply spin to say, ā€œwins donā€™t matterā€.

Meanwhile there is lackluster promotion and absolutely no media. But why would you promote if you donā€™t care to win? Why would you care about media if you donā€™t care about wins?

I said a few weeks ago that there is a ā€œculture of losingā€ here. I think it may actually be worse, there is a culture that doesnā€™t care about winning or losing.

How else can you explain how our AD still has a job here? How else can you explain the recent basketball contracts? Winning simply isnā€™t important.

[quote=ā€œninerID, post:33, topic:29852ā€]Thereā€™s only one clear explanation for this and the recent history here. It isnā€™t about winning. At all.

There is something that Lee has done off the field that warrants the spot in this athletic department culture.

There is a culture here that prides itself on ā€œthe student athleteā€ and ā€œ#Familyā€ in public. I think the student-athlete is very important, but I honestly think that it is simply spin to say, ā€œwins donā€™t matterā€.

Meanwhile there is lackluster promotion and absolutely no media. But why would you promote if you donā€™t care to win? Why would you care about media if you donā€™t care about wins?

I said a few weeks ago that there is a ā€œculture of losingā€ here. I think it may actually be worse, there is a culture that doesnā€™t care about winning or losing.

How else can you explain how our AD still has a job here? How else can you explain the recent basketball contracts? Winning simply isnā€™t important.[/quote]

you forgot to:

[quote=ā€œninerID, post:33, topic:29852ā€]Thereā€™s only one clear explanation for this and the recent history here. It isnā€™t about winning. At all.

How else can you explain how our AD still has a job here? How else can you explain the recent basketball contracts? Winning simply isnā€™t important.[/quote]

+1

When basketball and football seasons cross do we now have two coaches shows? Iā€™ll admit I never bothered to listen to Majorā€™s show.

You are dead on. The ONLY reason I come now is to watch KP.

The administration needs to understand that we are 3 years in now. The honeymoon period of the excitement and draw of starting a new program is over. Fans, students and alumni will stop coming in droves if we are getting embarrassed by CUSA teamsā€¦coupled with the inability to score the ballā€¦and add to that, we are extremely boring and painful to watch (sans KP).

The up tempo spread offense we run is supposed to be the most exciting brand of football you can playā€¦and we have managed to turn THAT boring!!
Wow. Just wow.

Seriouslyā€¦imagine if KP was not on the teamā€¦what would be the reason to spend the time and money to watch boring and embarrassing ass kicking after ass kicking?? Thatā€™s what weā€™re headed for with no end in sight until we can find a starting QB that can actually run this offense and score the ball.

Wow, how did Judy pass over some of you guys to hire Lambert?

[quote=ā€œMeanJoeGreen, post:38, topic:29852ā€]Wow, how did Judy pass over some of you guys to hire Lambert?[/quote]Toucheā€™

[quote=ā€œMeanJoeGreen, post:38, topic:29852ā€]Wow, how did Judy pass over some of you guys to hire Lambert?[/quote]Lambert is obviously more qualified, doesnā€™t mean heā€™s not capable of poor decision making or above criticism.