Coaches show last night

Me too, our bowl chances go from a possibility to a probability if we can land him. I think that ship has sailed but Iā€™m not letting it go till I see him sign with someone else. :slight_smile:

[quote=ā€œchidave, post:61, topic:29852ā€]Me too, our bowl chances go from a possibility to a probability if we can land him. I think that ship has sailed but Iā€™m not letting it go till I see him sign with someone else. :)[/quote]even with a strong qb Iā€™m hesitant to say probability. I think a lot of people are underestimating what we are losing on defense. We have a lot of holes to fill.

Iā€™ll be way more optimistic if we land a stud qb though, thatā€™s for sure.

clt is excited, but will not mention Rileyā€™s name.

[quote=ā€œLzeroKI, post:59, topic:29852ā€]One thing Coach Lambert mentioned in passing but I liked to hear: while talking about what he discusses with coaches of recruits, one of the things he mentioned was ā€œdo they have the academic base to graduate from college?ā€

I liked that he used the words ā€œgraduate fromā€ rather than ā€œget intoā€ or ā€œstay eligible inā€.[/quote]
I donā€™t. Spurrier didnā€™t care if Clownry graduated. Nor does Dabo or Fedora care. Hit the min NCAA requirement and sign them. We arenā€™t Duke

get talent that wins

Sounds like same BS the blue hairs told Judy to do with basketball ā€œgetting the right kind of kidsā€

All that is, is a excuse 2-3 years from now that ā€œat least our kids are good students blah blahā€

[quote=ā€œOldrowniner, post:64, topic:29852ā€][quote=ā€œLzeroKI, post:59, topic:29852ā€]One thing Coach Lambert mentioned in passing but I liked to hear: while talking about what he discusses with coaches of recruits, one of the things he mentioned was ā€œdo they have the academic base to graduate from college?ā€

I liked that he used the words ā€œgraduate fromā€ rather than ā€œget intoā€ or ā€œstay eligible inā€.[/quote]
I donā€™t. Spurrier didnā€™t care if Clownry graduated. Nor does Dabo or Fedora care. Hit the min NCAA requirement and sign them. We arenā€™t Duke

get talent that wins

Sounds like same BS the blue hairs told Judy to do with basketball ā€œgetting the right kind of kidsā€

All that is, is a excuse 2-3 years from now that ā€œat least our kids are good students blah blahā€[/quote]

clt says every 49ā€™ers athlete doesnā€™t have to graduate, but we will not be come the next UNC CHeat.

Cincinnati is far more prestigious academic school than uncc.

They get athletes

Have to find a balance between the right kids and right talent. Have to take chances on some. If all we bring in are choir boys we arenā€™t going to get far. If all we bring in are athletes we are no better than Chapel Hill. We can walk the line.

Call me shallow, but if that got us firmly in the conversation for being in the 4 team playoff, sign me up.

clt could not agree more. now free RILEY!!

[quote=ā€œOldrowniner, post:64, topic:29852ā€][quote=ā€œLzeroKI, post:59, topic:29852ā€]One thing Coach Lambert mentioned in passing but I liked to hear: while talking about what he discusses with coaches of recruits, one of the things he mentioned was ā€œdo they have the academic base to graduate from college?ā€

get talent that wins

All that is, is a excuse 2-3 years from now that ā€œat least our kids are good students blah blahā€[/quote]I agree. As long as we have enough guys graduating to keep us from getting hit with APR penalties, I donā€™t care if we sign guys that have no business being in college. Iā€™d be 100% okay with taking the Marshall approach. I guarantee you their fans are having a lot more fun than we are.

Recap:

Tonight was the special signing day show, unfortunately I only caught the last half hour.

Dean Hood was a guest, seems like a nice guy. He likes the young talent we have at tight end with RJ Tyler and Ben Jacques. Heā€™ll be recruiting the Charlotte Meck area. Looks forward to being a defensive mind in the offensive room with Mullen.

Several players have had surgery since the season ended. Larry Ogunjobi, Jamal Covington, Markevis Davis, and Nick Cook. All will most likely miss spring ball with the exception of Cook whom Lambert is very optimistic about.

4 starters are back on the offensive Line. Look for Chris Brown and Eugene German to battle for the vacant RT position. Also Lambert is excited about the return of Juwan Foggie at WR after redshirting this past season.

On defense, Lambert said look for some new names to emerge this spring to help with depth. Nafees Lyon at CB, Tyriq Harris and Jeff Gemmel at LB, Tyler Fain and Jon Hardy at DT, and Randy Suydam at DE.

Last but not least, spring practice starts March 19th with the spring game on April 23rd at 7pm under the lights.

-Expects to take the red-shirt off either Washington or LeMay

-With one exception, last years class was red-shirted.

[quote=ā€œchidave, post:72, topic:29852ā€]-Expects to take the red-shirt off either Washington or LeMay

-With one exception, last years class was red-shirted.[/quote]

Who was the one exception?

[quote=ā€œ49RFootballNow, post:73, topic:29852ā€][quote=ā€œchidave, post:72, topic:29852ā€]-Expects to take the red-shirt off either Washington or LeMay

-With one exception, last years class was red-shirted.[/quote]

Who was the one exception?[/quote]

My guess is Darren Drake OL. http://www.charlotte49ers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=210304098&DB_OEM_ID=23200 He is the only So on the roster.

Thanks for the updates guys!

Worth repeating that It is shame they canā€™t archive these shows so fans can listen later.

[quote=ā€œMr. Bojangles, post:75, topic:29852ā€]Thanks for the updates guys!

Worth repeating that It is shame they canā€™t archive these shows so fans can listen later.[/quote]

yeah, no reason they shouldā€™t - would be a nice perk even if it was part of the pay service. Used to be able to watch archived games too in the past - now we canā€™t. Donā€™t know why.

[quote=ā€œaustinniner, post:76, topic:29852ā€][quote=ā€œMr. Bojangles, post:75, topic:29852ā€]Thanks for the updates guys!

Worth repeating that It is shame they canā€™t archive these shows so fans can listen later.[/quote]

yeah, no reason they shouldā€™t - would be a nice perk even if it was part of the pay service. Used to be able to watch archived games too in the past - now we canā€™t. Donā€™t know why.[/quote]

[size=7][font=Tahoma]ĀÆ_(惄)_/ĀÆ[/font][font=Tahoma] [/font][/size]