Coaching Rumors

So in your expert opinion who should we hire?

1 Like

I feel the sarcasm. However, Mike Houston would be my first choice.

5 Likes

Can we keep this thread to actual rumors, instead of personal and/or journalistic insights into who we should look at?

1 Like

Then it’s going to be a pretty light thread.

Good point. Ignore me, all.

I dunno… Hill knows local recruiting is important to a large portion of us, and Bateman has shown he can do it.

Also, West Point is an incredibly difficult place to succeed. Anybody that has contributed to recruiting and coaching a team to a current 9-2 record at West Point deserves an interview, IMO.

clt is hearing that chuck Amato was spotted on campus

1 Like

I heard from a close source internally that Hill has spoken to Katie Sowers of the San Fransisco 49ers https://www.49ers.com/team/coaches-roster/katie-sowers

yawn.

I hope you are joking here.

I wish her the best, but we don’t need to be part of
an experiment. Let a program with a lot less to lose, i.e. DIII, take a chance on Coach Sowers

She’d probably do well with the Cleveland Browns. Nowhere to go but up.

Any chance that Scott Turner would be interested? He would be an interesting choice. Both pro and college coaching experience. Highly successful with quarterbacks and offense. Of course, no head coaching or even coordinator experience.

His seasons at Carolina have been Cam’s best. Could say same with Sam Bradford, giving it was his first 2. He would have a solid resume to immediately bring in top tier QB, one of our weakest spots.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/alabama-football/alabama-assistant-mentioned-as-possibility-for-head-coach-opening-at-charlotte/amp/

1 Like

Boom! Very very qualified coaches keep getting mentioned.

Ehhh… Talented no doubt, but we need a dude with a proven track record in recruiting

Are you starting to get the feeling that nobody undervalues our Head Coaching job more than we do?

3 Likes

yep. well said. we need to start thinking about ourselves as an 8 who could be a ten with some self esteem and by going to the gym instead of like we are a 4.

1 Like

There are 129 FBS HC jobs, or is it 130 counting Liberty, minus Idaho… It’s a very limited, very exclusive club. And whatever challenges we may have, being in Charlotte, with the foundation that’s been laid, and with an AD like Mike Hill… This is a very very good job.